Tracking Down mismatched meshtexture path?

Post » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:05 pm

For some reason, the static "in_dae_claw_01" is appearing much, much larger in my game than it's supposed to be. I nuked the cell I noticed the problem in to clean it and it still presisted. Ran a search in text crawler and can't find anything that deliberately makes changes to that static.

I'm concerned that something might have inadvertently changed the mesh path for this item, making it larger. Is this something that would appear in text crawler or MWedit if I searched for it? If not, is there a way to track down what might have changed the mesh path? Thanks!

Ricky Meehan

Post » Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:27 pm

Try tes3cmd with the following command

tes3cmd dump --type STAT --id "in_dae_claw_01" *.es? > _in_dae_claw_01.txt

In my case, for example, "_in_dae_claw_01.txt" looks like this:

Plugin: Bloodmoon.esm

Record: STAT "in_dae_claw_01" Flags:0x0000 ()
NAME: ID:in_dae_claw_01
MODL: Model:i\In_DAE_claw_01.NIF

Plugin: Morrowind.esm

Record: STAT "in_dae_claw_01" Flags:0x0000 ()
NAME: ID:in_dae_claw_01
MODL: Model:i\In_DAE_claw_01.NIF

As you can see, for every mod altering that static, it shows the path and name of the mesh.

Edit:

Alternatively you might want to check the scale for each instance of that static, using the following command:

tes3cmd dump --type CELL --instance-match "in_dae_claw_01" *.es? > _instances_of_in_dae_claw_01.txt

Values up to 2 for the scale are supposed to be normal as they can be found even in vanilla Morrowind, so you should check for values greater than 2.

Steve Fallon

Return to III - Morrowind