Combat Stats on Housecarls? Golldir vs Lydia

Post » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:38 am

Greetings. I am currently playing a rp Nord axemaiden who eschews the use of any sort of magic item save restoration potions. She just finished dragon rising quest and currently has Golldir in tow. So I am about to have pick between them. I am looking for good statistical reasons to justify my decision, as rp could go either way. I have some idea of Golldir's stats, and with his perks he is a beast, and highly underrated as a follower I have noticed. However, I am not sure how Lydia compares, since, other than the basics, I can't find her stats.

Question: Didn't there used to be an uesp page that detailed how many points in HA, OH, skill etc that housecarls and npc's get per level? It also said something about how many levels in skill equates to x points of additional base dam or dam reduction, I think. (Not the page on Housecarls or Lydia as I have checked them and they don't have the level of detail I am looking seeking).

I can't find anything that specific to compare housecarls to npc followers.

I found a page on max level/stats and Golldir caps at 30, but for right now he still might be better than Lydia.

Victor Oropeza

Post » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:53 pm

Lydia is the only follower with a Skill to Listen to Your Heart. She has a Perk that gives +50 hotness to her lips. Lydia has the ability to make you Milk, and Toast, and Honey. Lydia has +100 carry weight for your burguers. She′s Got the Looks. Aaall That She Wants is another burden, She′s gone to make your day better, aaaall that she wants is another burden, ye-eah. She′s an Ace; she Roxette.

She also caps at level 50.

I don′t think I ever heard about this Golldir fella, I don′t pay much attention to other followers, Lydia also has a perk that gives her +50 to jealousy.

Hope that helps you choose Lydia.

Lexy Dick

Post » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:47 am

Well I do like Lydia and she is much hotter with rUNP and hairdos but that whiny, "I am sworn to carry your burdennns," bit gets on my nerves after a while. Golldir will follow you after you help him kill a necro in his family tomb. He has several perks that make him pretty tough at my level <10.

That said, I am on my way back to Whiterun and I am likely going to pick her up. I also have that vampire rogue armor mod so I am curious to see what she looks like in that sixy chainmail bikini....

X(S.a.R.a.H)X

Post » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:46 am

You misunderstood her. She says "I am sworn to carry your bourbon".

Lydia is the only follower for me.

cutiecute

Post » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:23 am

Well, now the way she looks, she could never carry a thing, even a torch and I would like her still, bourbon or not.

Now I have another question that is off topic in my own thread: does the Dawnguard War Axe benefit from the hack and slash perk?

I just got one and it doesn't really seem too, but the vampire died before I could tell....

No Name

Post » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:44 pm

I believe that, unless it′s modded, Hack and Slash unfortunately doesn′t deal a considerable amount of damage, even fully perked. Bladesman is little better. I only really pick Bonebreaker as specialization, and content myself with the balance between speed/stagger of swords and axes.

ps- of course, they always have role-play value

Rebecca Clare Smith

Post » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:40 pm

Goldir is one of my favorites... I like all the "dungeon" characters really (Erandur, Illia, Goldir). But he doesn't hold a candle to Lydia.

Angela

Post » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:20 am

Who's Golldir?
Rozlyn Robinson

Post » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:34 pm

He's a blonde warrior with Ralof/Balgruuf's voice, located in a crypt near Darkwater Crossing. One of the dungeon followers like Erandur.

FABIAN RUIZ

Post » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:09 pm

Yeah, I have done the math on them and they are awful except for bonebreaker, which is good at high level. When I was on PC I often used to just add the first level of h&s and bladesman, and sometimes bonebreaker, through the console. I think of the first perk as being simply a characteristic of the weapon, and later perks require knowledge and skill by the user. Now, I occasionally use the cheat room to add them, which is what I have done with this character since the perk wasn't even working with the Dawnguard War Axe. (Lydia is still carrying my bourbon but it slows her down a little).

LijLuva

Post » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:22 am

They are statistically identical until level 30. At that point, Lydia will continue to level until level 50. However, Golldir's perks may make him a better choice.
Sierra Ritsuka

Post » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:40 am

He is definitely better until 30th level. But what about after that? Lydia's progression on one handed, block, and heavy armor might giver her better damage and damage reduction at some point.

Dalton Greynolds

Post » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:10 pm

Thanks for the reply.
kevin ball

Return to V - Skyrim