Skyrim SE XBOX One: Uttering Hills Radiant quest bug

Post » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:21 pm

I am not sure if this is a good place to report bugs or not, but on the off chance it is.. or that someone has a fix..

I have been tasked with killing the leader of Uttering Hills camp as a radiant quest, by Vilkas of the Companions. This quest was given to me after doing the "Summerset Shadows" quest for the Thieve's Guild. When the NPCs in the cave respawned and I went to clear it again for the radiant quest, Linwe did not respawn, nor did any other "chief" type character. So the quest is effectively broken. I can't drop it and reloading to a previous save is out of the question because I picked this up dozens of hours ago.

This glitch has ended my progress in the Companion quest line as none of the other Companion leaders will give me work until I complete this objective.

After looking at other complaints elsewhere online, I have found that this was a common bug in the 360 version of the game as well, though I was lucky enough not to encounter it. It is very disappointing that such a massive glitch has never been patched, especially before the game was reissued for a new console. It is especially frustrating to see there is no solution other than console commands for players on PC.

I love you Bethesda, but this kind of thing is maddening; simply updating graphics but fixing none of these other issues. You guys have to know that this is a problem. Where's the patch for this kind of thing?

Stu Clarke

Return to V - Skyrim