Mannequin duplicating armour glitch - help needed

Post » Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:27 pm

Ok, so this is a very well known glitch I know but, despite all my search it seems there's not a known fix for it out there?

For most of my mannequins I put some armour on them once and never touched them again so it's not a problem for those. But in my lakeview manor where I store all my nice stuff, I wanted to make some changes on my mannequins and that's when I first realized the glitch. Now I'm stuck with an ugly bonemold armour on my best mannequin right in the middle which was suppossed to carry my best armour set. There's also another one in the same room won't stop duplicating nordic armour. I wanted that on it back then, now I want another set.

I tried almost everything. I tried these steps that I found on some forums, made sure I did everything right and it still didn't work.

Anyways, I was thinking, what if I delete those mannequins using console command ? Will I be able to replace them properly? (they are mannequins with storage)

Or is there a simple mod to fix all mannequins which is safe and won't break my game?

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

IM NOT EASY

Post » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:49 pm

BTW, I can't believe how they "remastered" the game and yet still released it without fixing such old infamous major glitches. *Facepalm.

x a million...

Post » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:55 am

As far as I did read, the remaster is mostly a graphical improvement. And of course, it allows the usage of mods on consoles.

In this board, a lot of people would like a new DLC more than any bugfix. I would not subscribe that generally, but for this bug, I do.

Dylan Markese

Post » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:16 pm

If you delete those mannequins, you'll have to put them back using the CK (which is fine if you know what you're doing with it). Now, there's a mod you can get which will allow you to buy and add into the house mannequins, but they're the ugly male wood tex ones. If that's what you already have, and you're fine with it, get http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/57756/?.

Oh, that first fix you tried - I think I recall that you have to leave the entire house - try it again, go outside, fast travel to Whiterun, then back.

ZANEY82

Post » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:45 pm

Tried both ways. Actually that's what I did first. Each time i needed to "leave" I fast traveled to whiterun and came back since it said it needed the "picture loading" it didn't work.

Then I tried the whole thing a second time only leaving the room, didn't work as well. So I guess it doesn't work with SSE on pc.

I'm playing vanilla game so I have the regular ugly mannequins. Isn't there a mod that I can just put in the game and it magically fixes the glitch?

Alberto Aguilera

Post » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:34 am

I don't know veronica - I never had the glitch (nope, not ever.... but that might be due to never trying to change armor, I dunno....) I don't use the "vanilla" mannequins - I use MLLY [Mannequins Look Like You] to make the mannequins look like my girls. And I can't give you a link for that, because it seems it's not available anywhere any more, and I don't have permission to distribute it.

Jah Allen

Post » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:57 am

I am ok with the way the mannequins originally look and I don't think the glitch is related to how they look actually. More looks like it's about how they function. I wish there was a fix to it. Like the way no matter how many times I change the armour on them, each time they could work properly. It's very disappointing that a simple feature in game is originally broken.

Jonathan Braz

Post » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:35 pm

Welcome to how beth does things. Sorry if that seems - antagonistic. But the reality is that beth releases buggy games - and depends on the community to fix the bugs (as in, if you aren't using USLEEP or USSEP, you NEED to be....)

Actually, I'd advise you do a deep google search on "bethesda bugs skyrim". It's interesting reading. Only if you have plenty of time to read however. Of course, I do - I'm retired thank the goddesses.

Laura Ellaby

Post » Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:39 pm

Seems like this will be my first and last bethesda game LOL

kasia

Post » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:17 pm

Well, up to you. Bugs and all, these are the best games I've ever played. I won't ever leave TES - I can't play Arena (the first TES game - released in 1994, and I bought it at release) or Daggerfall any more because the graphics are so old, and I find I can't regress that far. I suppose it's the movement more than the graphics. Morrowind, Oblivion - I still play them some. Skyrim.... never leaving it.

Actually, I don't have the bugs people complain about in TES games. I.... really don't have bugs in games at all.... I'm probably the only person in the world who played Undermountain, unpatched, and finished the game. *shrug* I just don't have bugs. My Skyrim install is the one I did at release - cloned to newer machines over the years. It works perfectly for me - with 225 mods installed (but not all of them active on any given girl - mostly my girls have around 160 or so active; each girl is different, so different mods are active). Right now I have 7 girls active in SLE, and another 6 in SSE (where I don't have many mods comparatively - only 60).

I - really don't have issues with my games....

Dalia

Return to V - Skyrim