Spiritual Experiences?

Post » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:50 am

Has anybody here ever had any spiritual experiences?

Spoiler

I have.

I swear on the lives of my family that this is the truth.

During a bout of extreme loneliness, I asked the universe for some comfort.

I lay in my bed and suddenly, I felt a force enter my presence, and into the sheets.

The unnatural warmth embraced me, and I felt a feminine entities presence.

It was a presence that kept me comfort all night [excluding NSFW details], and it felt so real.

I was entirely awake, so it couldn't have been a dream.

Every movement (in this case, inability to move) felt real, so real.

My experience may seem false, but I swear on my families life that it happened to me, last night.

Have you ever had any spirtiual experiences?

Chloe Yarnall

Post » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:11 am

That sounds like sleep paralysis: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

It's not always accompanied with fear or panic, sometimes there are positive emotions, and this seems to be what happened to you.

There's nothing spiritual or supernatural about it. Just science.

Tracy Byworth

Post » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:07 am

I have one that you guys would think I was being sarcastic if I told, so I'll tell one that won't potentially be met with ridicule.

Several months ago my family was in a predicament. We had very little money and were almost out of food. I myself have shakey faith, but my mom is a firm believer. She sent us a prayer asking the Lord to provide food, saying we needed a truckload, and shortly after - the same day mind you - a phone call from my aunt came in. She was bringing us food. Mom figured it would just be some stuff for thanksgiving. Well shortly after the phone call my aunt (who lives 40 miles away and was unaware of our predicament - or at least how bad it was) pulled in with what amounted to a truckload of groceries. Bag after bag of food just kept coming. It was a miracle.

Smokey

Post » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:49 am

Ah yes, the "magic" of boners.

:rofl:

Lucie H

Post » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:32 pm

I have several. I'll share later, currently at work and don't have the time atm.
cosmo valerga

Post » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:57 am

Nope. I'm too much of a nuts and bolts science curmudgeon to allow myself spirituality. When I experience something that doesn't make rational sense, I usually just assume it's my dumb brain trying to be funny. Shut up, dumb brain!

Marcus Jordan

Post » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:26 am

I'm the same way to a "T".
Gavin boyce

Post » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:53 pm

Not to be confrontational, but if this is something he actually feels deep meaning with, it could be rather hurtful to have someone laugh at what they find to be a significant experience.

Emmi Coolahan

Post » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:52 pm

There's a growing movement to understand spiritualism scientifically. The truth is spiritual experiences are just psychological experiences. I recommend reading the book Waking Up by Sam Harris.

The problem with conventional spiritualism is that when people experience something that feels otherworldly, they typically assume that it must have otherworldly or supernatural origins.

Latino HeaT

Post » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:33 am

There's all kinds of crazy stuff out there. I consider myself a skeptic to some degree. I also work in medicine and enjoy a little programming as a hobby, so I consider myself to be a little rational and a bit anolytical. But, I've had experiences, two of which that occurred in the presence of other people who experienced the same thing I did. A couch floating off the ground isn't particularly natural. When two people in the room stare at me in horror as the couch I'm sitting on is floating and then subsequently crashes on the floor, I don't think anyone really has an explanation for that. I still don't know how to explain it.

edit: Btw, we moved out of that house, and then found out it's called the "Lake House" in our town. Some of my friends who were renovating it for the owner had some stories, and one of them never went back after he saw a bunch of skeletons buried in the basemant.

Nims

Post » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:29 pm

I saw some weird flashing white lights in my room last night...

Nicole Coucopoulos

Post » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:26 pm

Hmm, do you have anything by Corsair in your room?

lillian luna

Post » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:21 am

PSU and a mouse but I cover the mouse up... Actually most light sources are blocked at night
Roberto Gaeta

Post » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:50 am

Ok, so where should I begin? First off let me clarify that I'm agnostic. I dont follow any real line of faith nor am I a non-believer. I just accept things on a personal level of experience and knowledge. With that said take my stories however you want, these are my experiences as I remember them through my own perception.

Ever sense I can remember I've had "feelings" of when something bad was going to happen. Like a Spider sense. It's a gut wrenching feeling of deep dread. Usually I'd get these feelings and tell my parents who would understandingly wait until the feeling would pass. sometimes there would be a car accident that from what could be observed would have happened around the time we would have originally been there. Once I got it with my mom about to leave to pick up her brother and she lost control of her car and nearly drove into a gulch. I cant remember all of them but usually stuff like that.

When I was in elementary school I was sitting out front with the other kids waiting to be picked up in the car riders line. The wind started to blow and I stared at the leaves in a big oak tree across the road. Out of no where I begin to hear a voice in the wind, not from another kid or teacher but the wind itself. It sounded distant and raspy. It repeated over and over "The big one is coming". I finally asked what it meant and it said I would see. A week later I was at my cousins house at night and we were on the trampoline playing. We all lied down to look at the stars and it happened again. Same message but finally ending with "The big one has passed". The wind kept getting stronger and few minutes later my aunt called for us to come in quickly. On the news a F5 tornado had struck the town just north of us and killed a bunch of people. I've never had the wind speak to me after that.

When I was 13 I had been having severe stomach pain for a few days and my "Dr" (lady was a quack) couldn't figure out why and even suggested I was faking it to get out of school. My dad kept me out because I was throwing up, couldn't eat and was sleeping poorly from the pain and getting up to puke bile every few hours. Anyways I decided maybe my dad's bed would be more comfortable so I went to his room to lay down. I was staring up at the fan and CLEAR AS DAY I could see a shadow of a man behind the shadow of the fan blades. It lifted it's arm and waved at me. It was at that point I knew I was dying and I told my dad to take me to the ER. Sure enough 3 hours later my appendix ruptured and I went into septic shock. I spent 2 and a half months in a medically induced coma until they could clean the infection and stabilize me.

My last story probably isnt so spiritual but I still to this day have no clue what I experienced. When I was 19 I worked at a place that sold patio furnishings. I was moving some boxes from a truck by myself and something in the air changed. It felt heavier and had a charge to it. I then felt at strong sense of being watched and I turned to see.... Well It was like static from a tv but orange and red. It wasnt human shaped kinda wide and hunched over. No real definition to the body but the head was insect like. It had mandibles and a small crown shaped head which it twitched side to side making a clicking noise. And then it was gone! Just gone like what ever window between me and it to allow me to see it had been quickly shut. I stood there for a few minutes in shock not knowing what I should do and knowing that I was probably crazy and didnt need anyone to confirm it for me.

BRIANNA

Post » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:51 am

If you see them again tell them im free tonight.

But in all humour, the brain can do all sorts of things to you, and because it is your brain, at what point do you stop believing what its telling you, having hallucinated way to many time, due to medication and illness, there are times when reality blurs, and sometimes its a struggle when your brains trying to convince you that something that isnt real is.

Mandi Norton

Return to Othor Games