Elder Knowledge problem unable to complete

Post » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:09 pm

Okay somewhere along the way this quest (Elder Knowledge) got sidetracked.

I have gone through the whole thing,

• Ask Urag about the insane book

• Find Siptimus Signus

• Transcribe the Lexicon

• Give the Lexicon to Septimus

• Harvest Falmer blood

• Harvest High Elf blood

• Harvest Wood Elf blood

• Harvest Orc blood

• Bring blood to Septimus

• Take the Oghma Ifinium

BUT

my Elder Knowledge quest is still active

with 'recover the scroll' as not finished,

it points to the Tower of Mzark, but upon returning there, the Cylinder where the scroll should be is empty.

I have gone to Paarthurnax and no options to read the scroll, gone to Urag to see if I could buy the scroll, no option available,

I have the Blood Scroll

I have the Sun Scroll

just no Dragon Scroll

I am at my wits end. I don't remember selling the scroll ... don't know what to do

Ebony Lawson

Post » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:13 am

There's a control panel in the room, you have to press the buttons in a certain sequence. Eventually it will move around in such a way to reveal the elder scroll and you can pick it up. What you described is the quest for the oghma infinium which is a different quest that goes to the same room.

naomi

Post » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:30 am

Yes, I did all of that, freeze the crystal to make it work, blah, blah,blah

that is how you get the blood scroll (I think) to take back to Septimus,

but it is the dragon scroll I need.

between this and Dawngaurd, these scrolls drive me nuts.

Shianne Donato

Post » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:26 am

No your talking about dragon blood is in the soul cairn and u don't need to freeze crystals
Robert DeLarosa

Post » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:29 am

In the Tower of Mzark you use some sort of freeze spell, at the very first, on the ancient device. There is even a freeze spell book right behind control panel.

In the Soul Cairn I believe you get the Sun Elder Scroll, so you can retrieve Auriel's bow (with sunhallowed arrows ) to destroy the Master Vampire (can't remember all of their names).

The Soul Cairn is part of the Dawngaurd quests

The dragon scroll is part of the main storyline, I beleive, so you can learned the Dragonrend shout to bring down Alduin.

Sylvia Luciani

Post » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:08 pm

Yes, you are correct. You use a flame and/or freeze spell to help get the lenses to line up, which opens the dragon scroll container AND transcribes the lexicon at the same time. There's been a fair amount of people who missed seeing or picking up the scroll when they were there because they were following the objectives for the Oghma Infinium quest, which doesn't tell you to grab the physical scroll. Once they leave and the cell resets, sometimes the scroll doesn't survive the location reset and disappears from the opened container. If you're on PC, then the console command player.additem 0002d513 1 will add it to your inventory and should trigger the quest to continue. If not, then I'm sorry to say that the only solution I've heard of is reloading older save games to either pick it up when your there, or load a save that's not so far back but before the scroll gets lost in the cell cleanup. There may be other ways, like possibly using a mod or a cheat mod to get it, but I only play on PC and wouldn't know much about what's available for console.

Lizzie

Post » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:47 am

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. that did it.

It was exactly what I did, tried to go back (10 times) and couldn't retrieve it.

I had tried the additem from another source but they had the wrong code

I completed my Elder knowledge quest and started Alduin's Bain.... I was getting very depressed, didn't think I would be able to finish it. I love the dragon fight in the end.

Again thank you

Aaron Clark

Post » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:11 pm

Glad it worked, but you don't use the spells on that machine. You are remembering a similar machine in the Wizards questline for info on the Staff of Magnus. For the DragonScroll, you have to put the cube in the control panel area, then press the buttons to open more buttons until it unlocks the Scroll and charges the cube.

Just to be tickytacky, about the quests....lol. Good Gaming.

jodie

Post » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:07 am

Hence, my first post

these silly scrolls get me confused

Thanks

Clea Jamerson

Post » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:48 am

I'm embarrassed that I actually had to look that up, but yes you're right. I stand corrected.

Misty lt

Return to V - Skyrim