Moved Objects in Breezehome Revert back to original location

Post » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:30 pm

Hi there,

So I've been trying to add shrines to breezehome, and there's a few small objects in the way of where I'd like to place the shrunk down shrines.

When I move the objects, and then place the shrines, I then save the plugin as a new .esp.

After that, I load the plugin with nexus mod manager, and load the game.

When I go in-game to the shrines, they are there, and they work perfectly, but the small objects which I moved are back in their original locations.

Whats more, when I load the esp back into the creation kit, the objects I moved are in their original locations as well!

I checked my .esp with SSEEdit, and it seems as though my moving of these objects is not being saved to the file at all.

What am I doing wrong? :sadvaultboy:

El Goose

Post » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:45 am

if you are using an existing save, the new esp will not overwrite what was baked into the save. if its on a new game, then its probably b/c another mod is overwriting yours.

It sounds like its the former though. you can uncheck your mods, except your new plugin, and use the coc function in the MAIN menu through the console to see if your stuff is changing, or if your mod was just being overwritten.

Dina Boudreau

Post » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:56 pm

I did try with a new save by typing coc whiterun at the main menu, but I didn't disable or enable any mods. Mine is loaded last also.

Also notice this part-

checked my .esp with SSEEdit, and it seems as though my moving of these objects is not being saved to the file at all.

There are no edits showing up in the .esp for any moved objects, only objects being placed.

Milad Hajipour

Post » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:07 am

ck won't save your plugin properly if the plugin is opened by the game or xEdit.

i've never heard of this issue. half the time you just click on an object in the Render Window it will create a record of that object in your plugin. the only thing i can think of is you have some other program that is currently using your esp.

Yvonne Gruening

Post » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:48 pm

I found out it's because the objects I am trying to move are from a mod, not skyrim.esm - this means I need to flag the mod .esp as a master file (.ESM) in SSEEdit, then open it with the CC with my .esp file otherwise the CK will not save any of my changes.

Edit: Got it to work!

Here's what I did:

1. In SSEEdit, Flag ExampleMod.esp as an .esm in the file header. This will make it appear as an ESM to the Creation Kit.

2. Then I loaded ExampleMod.esp (Now marked as a Master File) and mymodnamehere.esp in the creation kit,.

3. I made all the changes that I wanted to make and saved my changes to my active file MyModNameHere.esp.

4. Then use SSEEdit to remove the .esm flag from ExampleMod.esp.

Now As long as ExampleMod.esp exists in the load order before mymodnamehere.esp, everything works perfectly!

Thanks for the help!

https://community.bethesda.net/thread/6268
Anthony Rand

Return to V - Skyrim