Red Sky Over Washington

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:00 pm

OOC: you could just come in with all guns blazing and a massive twist that would refocus the the story to what you had wanted it to be

No no, he has made it very clear to me that he does not want anything to do with this RP, even though he started it. Astute readers will notice he hasn't made a single IC post.
Nancy RIP

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:33 am

oh, i hope i havent ruined it for him. bebop if i did ruin it im sorry
George PUluse

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:21 am

Its not your fault. He is just unreliable. (if you can't tell, i am a little pissed off at him for this)
Georgine Lee

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:30 am

Yea, even though we should continue this RP if you guys want to.
ImmaTakeYour

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:02 pm

Honestly you don't need to be pissed off at me. I'm horrible at maintaining RPs, I just have too much going on in life when I make them, and oftentimes I think I can make an RP, but end up canning it midway. I apologize to all, but if anyone would like to control this thread themselves, PM me.

Again, I'm sorry. You won't be experiencing another RP from me. But, at least the thread isn't moot, you guys can continue as though nothing happened.
sarah

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:43 am

OOC: back on topic

The orb turned blue and spoke in a voice recogniseable to anyone in the wastes " My fellow americans, this is your president John Henry Eden , or as it may be if this orb is activated your ex-president. I have always feard leaving office in the manner of others great presidents before me like Abraham Lincoln or John F Kennedy (OOC: cant remember wether kenedy got elected in the fallout universe, sorrry for my inacurate lore) so this is my contingancy plan. There were four nueclear devices remaining in storage that were unable to be fired in time on the day of the bombs. we have taken the warheads out of these weapons and converted them with a serum that will destroy any mutated life in the wastes. The launch codes follow. These codes to be enterd from a secure bunker in fort constantine are G-6:7. Be strong america pureity and salvation are at hand." the message chilled Aston to the core, if others the Red Hand especialy found out about this then both Cypher and the Vulcans were doomed. Aston mutterd under his breath " And I shall strike mankind from the earth and the animals the walk the land for i am sorry i made them." the bible passage of the code was strangely apropriate for its purpose. Aston turned to see how Aron was dealing with the situation, the boy had gone pale but seemed to be in control. " Aron we need to get to fort constantine and destroy this weapon, that is a Red Hand stronghold so we need re-enforcements. Will you trust me enough to come with me to the Vulcan camp to enlist my squad?" Aston voiced the question as an order, speaking with icey sterness.

(OOC: now that BM has abondoned the RP i reserve the right to make as earth shattering a twist as i see fit)
Spencey!

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:35 am

OOC: Ok, let's keep this thing running.

IC: Jacob woke up some time after the battle. His eyes fluttered open and immediatly shut again as a bright light smashed into his vision. A faint droning buzz was all that he could hear, but as he opened his eyes again he saw doctors hovering over him. One of them looked at him and snapped his fingers as if to try to get him to focus. The doctor had a strrange uniform on, not one of a Cypher. Blood covered his chest and gloves. Jacob raised his head slightly to see that his chest was torn up by shrapnel, presumably by that of a low powered grenade. "Crap" was all that he could mutter. The doctor looked back at him, somewhat shocked at his ability to talk. "Who are you? Where am I?" Jacob spoke slowly. The doctor thought about this for a second before replying, "I am Dr. Shultz, you are in the Vulcan outpost, and we need your help." Jacob's eyes widened at the naming of his enemies, but shut suddenly as a medic shot him up with some clear fluid.

Moments later a screen flickered weakly on one side of the room. A face appeared and asked something that Jacob could only barely hear. "I need him up and about soon, Doctor. We need him for the assault. I am leaving with the teams for Constantine in one hour." The voice said something else about some other people, one of which Jacob barely recognized as Aron, before he slipped back into unconciousness.
Jonathan Egan

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:43 am

Aron walked through the Vulcan camp, feeling uneasy. All of the soldiers had their eyes locked on him. They never looked away, only kept staring at him. He walked beside Aston staying close. The men seemed as if they wanted to shoot him on sight. But he had heard Aston give strict orders about touching him. He walked into a small medical tent and noticed dozens of soldiers lying inside, moaning. He followed Aston towards a small built in door in the tent and quickly passed through, leaving the horrible noises behind. The room was small, and bloody. There were three men in the room. One guard and two doctors kneeling over a patient. He peered uneasily at the man, until he noticed it was Jacob. A sense of anger rushed through him. "Do not hurt him!" The gaurd tensed and quickly laid his hand on the hilt of his pistol keeping wary eye on Aron all the same. The blood covered doctor looked up and smiled. "Do not worry my friend, we will not hurt him." He didn't take to kindly to the word friend but settled down. After learning about the nuclear device in Fort Constantine he had gotten very paranoid about this whole deal. The risk of joining the Vulcans was dangerous, but it had to be done for his sake. Jacob was knocked out, and the doctors were removing pieces of shrapnel from his chest. When they had finished they injected him with a dark serum and he awoke, slowly. "Jacob, it's me, Aron. Don't worry they just need our help." Aron noticed the man had sewn up his chest and was injecting it with a needle. "These drugs will keep the pain from affecting you. But you must be careful, the drug is strong and you could easily overdose. You have a few scars on you chest that should heal soon. Remember to inject these needles into you chest once a day. And once a day only." He handed Aston a pack of syringes and walked out. The other man continued to clean up Jacobs chest until it looked completely normal except for the sewn up gashes in some areas. Then Jacob stood up, quite easily. That drug must help... Aron walked over to Jacob. After explaining about the message he walked out while Jacob tried to get his stuff together. He walked outside towards the small tent behind the infirmary that he was assigned to. A guard stood outside, one of Astons loyalest, he had heard. Aron walked in and sat down on his cot, even though he would not need it. Since they were leaving in about thirty minutes. He then put on his old leather armor and snapped his assault rifle onto his back. He put some grenades in a pouch on his belt and then he put some Med supplies, like stimpaks and mentats into his backpack. He then put on his homemade helmet and picked up his prewar wallet, then left. He walked outside and saw Astons men all lined up. Ready for the battle that was to come...
Alex Vincent

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:29 am

Jacob sat upright now, his gear placed before him. Old Combat armor, an M4 Rifle, and his two handguns. He just came out of a "debriefing" of sorts. Two Vulcans found him while he was under assault by the Red Hand. As they moved to intercede, a guard threw a wild frag grenade, which landed just far enough away from Jacob that he survived in good enough condition. The Reds were all taken out by the Vulcans, who took advantage of their distraction and tiredness after the heated battle. They had identified him as a high-ranking Cypher, and sought to bring him in as a hostage. Apparantly the plans changed when Aron joined forces with this Aston guy and discovered information on the whereabouts of a very deadly Bio-Weapon. One that could easily kill every Mutant in the wastes. Although Jacob wasn't a mutant, this had pressed a concern for him, his friends. So when told that the Red Hand base was literally on top of the weapons, Jacob reluctantly agreed to join up. His job was to convince a small group of trustworthy Cyphers to help out. It took him the best part of three hours, but he eventually received some back-up.

Sitting in a Vulcan staging area, and holding a bunch of guns didn't tend to be a good thing, but it was a true testimony of good-will to see old enemies handing him clean food and following basic orders, even if they weren't actually under him. Jacob watched as patrols walked by and he remembered Aron walking alongside Aston, commenting about how Cypher's plans were "Incomplete." This might be partially true, but the Vulcan plans had a massive flaw too. The FEV contains certain BIO-Strands of mutated DNA that very few people can accept. Thus resulting in the deaths of thousands of the Airclaw, leaving only over a hundred left. Should the FEV be spread, the world would truly be dead. The lies that the Vulcans spread about a mutagen that creates a "Universal FEV" were complete bullcrap. Jacob knew that he would have to stop Vulcan some day, but for now the Red Hand and those Warheads took priority.

Jacob waited patiently at the staging area, gear in hand and armor on. He was ready to win this battle, whatever it takes.
ImmaTakeYour

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:38 am

Aston had been suprised at the good condition of the Cypher officer he had heard refferd to as Jacob, usualy the patrol brutes killed on sight, finaly organiseation and strategic thought. The men were ready and spoiling for a fight, he did not even know if thier fear of him would be able to stop them from killing Aron but all was good sor far they had even gotten into trading techniques and stories with the two Cypher rebels. Aston looked out among the crowd they were strong, fit and scared to the point of complete loyalty but then a pang of regret stabbed his heart, they were young men of Arons age with their lives to live. Aston had run many simulations in his head and all resulted in at least heavey casualties. Aston cast these thoughts to the back of his mind and walked toward the platform. " Do the men know what the bomb could do?" Aston adressed the question to his personal gaurd Richard, the only surviving member of his squad from AIRCLAW and his closest freind. " No sir, the higher ups thought it would distress them to much and cause desertions." Richards thick southern accent was the same layed back drawl as always but Aston could sense his fear. " Im going to adress the squad now, we'll leave within the hour." Aston climbed up onto the wooden gallows that served both as an execution platform and a makeshift stage. He took out an SMG and shot once up into the air to get the crowds attention. " Men, soon we will march for Constantine. Take a look at the man next to you because you will likely never see him again, the forces the Red Hand have assembled at the fort are the greatest outside of the city itself. They are well armed and ready for an attack, do not be alarmed if your abilities are limited or are disabled completely this is the manner of the Red Hand they will make you weak so they appear stronger. If this happens pull out your gun and do your best with that.
When we get into the fort we will split into three groups one lead by myself and Aron who i am sure you all know buy now, we will take warhead storadge the most likely place that objective lies, the other lead by the Cypher officer Jacob will take the recently fortified and extended personnell building where the Red Hand leaders may be. The final group lead by Richard will go through the secret underground tunnel through the CO quaters and re-enforce myself and Aron at bomb storadge.
You will have 10 minuites to farewell loved ones and freinds and then we will leave, To march into hell for a heavenly cause." Aston looked among the faces of the soldiers infront of him, many had just realised that this was likely the end. Aston walked to his quarters, took out the phtotgraph of Ysabelle and slotted it into the briast pocket of his uniform just above his heart, maybe she would offer him better protection than he had provided her. Aston walked back to the battlefeild and orderd the men into a forward march toward thier likely doom.
Allison Sizemore

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:33 am

Richard watched all this from a hilltop a short distance away. He permitted himself a small chuckle.
So many of them. So many of the animals.
He pulled his mask down over his face, and he was no longer Richard. He was a whisper in darkness, he was a candle in the wind.
He was everywhere. He was Nowhere. He could see the atoms of everything around him, dancing as if the world was nothing but a great Ball.
...Which it was.
A Ball.
Covered in irradiated oceans and inhospitable lands.
A wothless, insignificant ball, floating through its own pocket in irradiated space.
He rose above the wasteland on a cushion of heated air and set to work.

He concentrated on the swarming mass of mutants. He began to hear screams and see flashes of red as heads exploded and bodies melted. The ground became slippery beneath their feet as He turned the sand to glass.

He was dissolving them, one molecule at a time.
The monster's clothing disintegrated, leaving behind only his mask. His flesh began to peel away and turn to dust.
The rock beneath his floating form was losing cohesion and melting into the air in clouds.

His expression was completely blank, but if anybody had looked upon him at this moment they would have seen his mask change; Its grotesque grin grew wider.

Silence.
A wave of force moves across the wasteland, converging on a vaguely humanoid form as it hovers a few feet above a tall hill.
A light moves outward from the ethereal figure, it overtakes a few small figures as they attempt to flee from it.
One of them is riding a massive ant. Another is firing small objects from his palms in frustrated desperation at the ant-rider who has abandoned him.

The light engulfs the city of Red Haven. A mother chases her child into the street and enfolds him in her arms. They are overtaken.
A man stumbles drunkenly out of a dark alley into the advancing light. He is gone.

The light stops as it reaches the far wall of the city.
The wave of light moves backward toward its origin. Where it touched, nothing remains.
In seconds, the ball of light is reduced to a pinpoint. This pinpoint falls several kilometres into the depths of it's newly formed crater, landing as a speck of dust.
One among many.

OOC: I think that just about puts an end to this RP.
Note: If this post is poorly written, its 60% because i am a bad writer and 40% because its 3:30 in the morning.
Alexis Estrada

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:39 pm

Can we ignore this please, seeing as A:the RP was about to come to a decent climix. B: you cant kill off everyones characters you complete tool. :flame:. If this were the ending everyones effort in this would be totaly wasted and i will be seriously pissed off
natalie mccormick

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:18 am

Screw you, I don't care how many times you kill me, I'm still doing this. And I think that killing hundreds of people and nothing happening to you is uber as hell.
Guy Pearce

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:15 am

If only we had somebody who hadn't abandoned the RP and still had the power to void it...

Bebop is gone, and he has permanently forfeited his power over this RP.

Sorry, pal.

Its the End.
Adam Baumgartner

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:34 am

why dont you just ignore it and go back to things like michael the mirelurk and bernie the molerat then if it offends you or something. Just let us got on with something we enjoy and want to see through.

WHAT WAS THE [censored] POINT IN YOU DOING THIS!!!!!!!
Pete Schmitzer

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:38 am

Wow, you guys are pretty fired up.

Its a superhero RP, somebody was bound to go uber eventually and all your powers are pretty lame.
Penny Wills

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:12 am

of course we are fierd up, you have delibratly chosen to ruin an enjoyable RP just before its climix and i realy think something should be done about it.
Siidney

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:37 pm

Aston spotted a masked figure above the camp standing on a rock and threw a dart killing him instantly in hazey red mist. " keep marching boys, we cant have [censored]s that that disrupt our cause."
Marcin Tomkow

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:59 am

What better climix could there be? Some random stranger just vaporized half the capital wasteland! Thats damned unpredictable!
loste juliana

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:22 am

a climix that is accepted by the posters not some complete random
Yung Prince

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:47 pm

alright, even if you guys don't accept my post and you hate me for the rest of your short, mortal lives, you must admit that my version of the ending was not only completely unexpected, but extremely B-A.
Elea Rossi

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:02 pm

yeh if there were no other posters and it was a solo fan fic then it would have been good, but it wasnt. please dont interupt our new thread
Janine Rose

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:48 am

and by the way,

Screw you, I don't care how many times you kill me, I'm still doing this. And I think that killing hundreds of people and nothing happening to you is uber as hell.

I was compressed into a quantum singularity, along with everything else my awesome ball of energy touched. I suffered the same fate as you poor souls! how terrible! :shakehead:
Sarah Evason

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:49 pm

All this energy is getting ME fired up! i love it!
Danii Brown

Post » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:28 am

yeh dlibratly wrecking a good idea is great for energy. you must feel realy proud of yourself right now, as i said dont step foot in the new one
Adam Baumgartner

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout Series Discussion