Remake of Red Dawn

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:08 am

A remake of the 1984 movie Red Dawn is going to start pretty soon, but you might be wondering how is this connected to Fallout you might ask?

Well instead of Russia taking over America like in the original movie... We have China this time, but Russia will still support them.

Heres the proof http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Dawn#Remake

Like the way Anchorage was invaded by China in the Fallout universe, the US of A will be invaded by the chinese in the Red Dawn remake.

It looks like the director must've been reading into the fallout lore.

Edit: Here's another source that states the chinese are invaders http://www.reuters.com/article/filmNews/idUSTRE5790I220090810

and another http://www.reuters.com/article/filmNews/idUSTRE5790I220090810
Imy Davies

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:05 pm

Ehhh yeah I guess this has something to do with Fallout Universe. I didnt like or hate the origanol Red Dawn, way to fake and unrealistic but I liked the "what if" message it sends.

EDIT- And by the way, wikipedia isnt a credible source, so whatever you just read can be completely false, I would try to post a credible link next time.
Cartoon

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:23 am

*cough* FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!!!! *cough*

Sounds interesting, can't wait.

* Pulls out a rusty AK-47 and a Ushanka with a hammer and sickle badge pinned on-top*

So who wants to hang out?.................. :whistle:
+++CAZZY

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:35 pm

* Pulls out a rusty AK-47 and a Ushanka with a hammer and sickle badge pinned on-top*

Only if you have pie! :P
Sxc-Mary

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:27 am

Ehhh yeah I guess this has something to do with Fallout Universe. I didnt like or hate the origanol Red Dawn, way to fake and unrealistic but I liked the "what if" message it sends.

EDIT- And by the way, wikipedia isnt a credible source, so whatever you just read can be completely false, I would try to post a credible link next time.

It's on http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1234719/.
Oh, and I need to defend Wikipedia here: just because wiki can be unreliable, doesn't mean it always is. They have a pretty good community who check these kinds of things. In fact, I'd go as far to say that at least 80-90% of their stuff is accurate.

I mean, there's books with inaccurate info too, doesn't mean we shouldn't reference books.
luis dejesus

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:28 am

Only if you have pie! :P

Crap, I have a cookie.......

:cookie: This OR this :gun:
Marquis deVille

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:08 pm

Crap, I have a cookie.......

:cookie: This OR this :gun:

I'll take the cookie! :flamethrower:
Flash

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:53 am

It's on http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1234719/.
Oh, and I need to defend Wikipedia here: just because wiki can be unreliable, doesn't mean it always is. They have a pretty good community who check these kinds of things. In fact, I'd go as far to say that at least 80-90% of their stuff is accurate.

I mean, there's books with inaccurate info too, doesn't mean we shouldn't reference books.

80-90% still isnt greatly credible. Thats why schools and colleges dont accept it as a source, as its not credible. It being 80-90 % credible means 10-20% isnt, which means you cant take any of it into consideration unless you confirm it with a 2nd source. Thats why I read multiple books on the same subject, so in case somebody has it wrong, others will prove its wrong by having the same information.
Bethany Short

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:56 pm

80-90% still isnt greatly credible. Thats why schools and colleges dont accept it as a source, as its not credible. It being 80-90 % credible means 10-20% isnt, which means you cant take any of it into consideration unless you confirm it with a 2nd source. Thats why I read multiple books on the same subject, so in case somebody has it wrong, others will prove its wrong by having the same information.

Schools don't/shouldn't accept it because it's not verifiable or substantiated by evidence in most cases. Books on subjects usually have dozens of citations of sources and a bibliography of dozens of books, or better yet, original research papers or that sort of thing.

Also Red Dawn, lol. Seriously, Cuba? Come on.
Syaza Ramali

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:41 pm

I find it odd you say that but your location is an Unknown ELCAVE base
Gemma Woods Illustration

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:40 pm

I'd feel guilty about taking a thread off topic but seeing this is about Red Dawn

The wiki is peer reviewed and the process usually works quite well once it has a chance to kick in

If an article has been discussed and revised it will be as accurate as anything else can be

If some one has had the chance to post bull without being caught yet then you will have something totally and intentionally misleading

It is not difficult to sort out what info might be at risk, just check the discussion and history of the article
xemmybx

Post » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:01 am

Wiki is usually very good at pop culture and hard fact for popular subjects. It's the minutia you have to watch out for.
Multi Multi

Return to Fallout Series Discussion