Restart Quests ? How ?

Post » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:07 am

Hey

I have pretty much done the entire game sometime back, and have been doing small quests over and over and over.
I was wondering, is it a way to reset the main quest and side quest storyline so i can do them all over again
without starting from the very beginning?

Could be cool to try it out with all the fancy weapons and [censored] :)
Leilene Nessel

Post » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:34 pm

Look up the quest on uesp, find the quest's id and the value of the first stage. Type "setstage quest-id stage-value" in the console. Notice that this might totally break your game, but it's the only way to reset a quest.
Chloe Yarnall

Post » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:58 am

is it a way to reset the main quest and side quest storyline so i can do them all over again
without starting from the very beginning?

Yes, Start Menu, New Game.

Using the console to reset all the quest stages is not going to be fun. Not only do you have to reset the Journal Updates, you will have to reset all the scripts, all the things that happen in the game due to the scripts, your character progression regarding shouts, reset all the Dragon Lairs, Word Walls, Dragon Priests, Unclear all the dungeons involved, put the bosses for those back, reset all the civil war battles and outcomes, move all the Jarls and or Imperials back to their starting places, reset their scripts etc etc etc.

Really, just roll a new character, it would be more fun. And, take less time.
Kayla Bee

Post » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:38 am

That be hard to do with all the console commands you would have to enter. You should just start game again but do side quests first so you get good stuff then do main quest.
Joe Alvarado

Post » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:20 pm

Yes thanks guys. I was pretty much prepared for these answers. Would just have been cool to have much of the stuff i already have into a new
game then. I have 250.000 gold and gazillion weapons and setups and 250 hours played. level 56.

Though i want to play the game over again and try to chose stuff a bit differently to see the game from a new angle,
i also wanted to have more to do with all the stuff i have. Maybe Bethesda will release a missions pack sometime, or maybe the
mod comunity will make something. So i will keep the current savegames just in case that happens.
Rude Gurl

Post » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:38 pm

I have only been able to get the "CompleteQuest " command to work via console. I have yet to see the setstage command work properly.
Latisha Fry

Post » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:42 am

Yes thanks guys. I was pretty much prepared for these answers. Would just have been cool to have much of the stuff i already have into a new game then. I have 250.000 gold and gazillion weapons and setups and 250 hours played. level 56. Though i want to play the game over again and try to chose stuff a bit differently to see the game from a new angle, i also wanted to have more to do with all the stuff i have. Maybe Bethesda will release a missions pack sometime, or maybe the mod comunity will make something. So i will keep the current savegames just in case that happens.

I think you can change that "maybe" to a "definitely".
no_excuse

Post » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:07 pm

Since it sounds like you are on PC, why not just start over and use console command to get your stuff back? Would be a lot easier than trying to reset all those quests.
Baylea Isaacs

Post » Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:18 pm

aggythefox is right... if you're on the PC, rather than trying to reset the quests start a new game and recreate your character using console commands, you can put yourself back to the same level with skills and perks, re-add your weapons and inventory and be set to do all the questing from scratch with a high level
Claire Vaux

Return to V - Skyrim