Riverwood Naked Mile

Post » Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:52 pm

I started a new character, walked into Riverwood, and the first thing I saw was http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/subrosa_florens/Skyrim/Skyrim028.jpg. Then I turned around and Faendal was the same way, although was still carrying his bow. Everyone at Helgen was wearing their clothes. So were all the bandits at Embershard Mine. So what is up with the guys in Riverwood? Has anyone else seen this, or is it just my game being weird?

I am on the PC, and my first thought was uh oh, mods are doing this. But the only mods I have added before this started are a hair mod, an eye mod, one to make black robes darker, and one to make farm gloves black. I cannot see any of them causing this. I disabled them just to be sure, but the nekkedness is still there. Granted I am not sure if this is because now my savegame has recorded them being naked. So maybe leaving the cell for over 3 days would get them to reset with their clothes on?
Tamika Jett

Post » Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:04 pm

Can you resurrect NPCs with the console like in Oblivion?If so, try that and see if that works, usually worked for me when I played Oblivion on my PC for resetting the NPCs' clothes and equipment.
Monique Cameron

Post » Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:59 pm

I've had a problem with the courier being in his undies as well. Both inside the city as well as him running cross-country to track me down. Its getting where I'm more surprised when he's actually wearing clothes.
Hussnein Amin

Post » Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:03 pm

Yes, this is an issue that several folks have encountered. It happens with followers and, as Arion says, quite often with couriers. As far as I know, no one has discovered what causes this. If you type "underwear" into the search box in the Skyrim Cheats, Hints and Spoilers forum it will return a long list of threads mentioning NPCs in their underwear. It's never happened to me, but from the sound of it some of these events are pretty entertaining. ;)
Bigze Stacks

Post » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:41 pm

Ahh, thanks all. I made the mistake of searching on "naked" rather than "underwear". The most I got were things about nvde mods. I guess there is no point in my restarting the game to try to avoid it. It sounds like the underwear genie could pop out of the bottle at any time! :D
Jonathan Montero

Post » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:56 pm

Camilla Valerius. Don't you know?
Nina Mccormick

Post » Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:58 pm

I started a new character, walked into Riverwood, and the first thing I saw was http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/subrosa_florens/Skyrim/Skyrim028.jpg. Then I turned around and Faendal was the same way, although was still carrying his bow. Everyone at Helgen was wearing their clothes. So were all the bandits at Embershard Mine. So what is up with the guys in Riverwood? Has anyone else seen this, or is it just my game being weird?

I am on the PC, and my first thought was uh oh, mods are doing this. But the only mods I have added before this started are a hair mod, an eye mod, one to make black robes darker, and one to make farm gloves black. I cannot see any of them causing this. I disabled them just to be sure, but the nekkedness is still there. Granted I am not sure if this is because now my savegame has recorded them being naked. So maybe leaving the cell for over 3 days would get them to reset with their clothes on?

The woman behind Sven, her facial expression is precious. :rofl:

I've seen the naked courier more than a few times, but never seen Sven or Faendal that way... interesting.
Rhi Edwards

Post » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:14 pm

I got to Whiterun, and found the three Companions that you meet killing the giant outside of town were also in their undies. Then I went into the city and found a merc nightblade in the first inn, also naked. So I deleted my current game folder and restored a copy I made of it (for just these sorts of emergencies). I went back, and everyone had their clothes on. The weird thing though is that I did this when I first saw it in Riverwood and it did not change anything. But the second time fixed it. Weird. I am just crossing my fingers that these Nords will keep their clothes on from now on.
Alada Vaginah

Post » Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:43 pm

Sven and Faendal are walking around naked to try and mate with the Valarius girl. Sven sporting his tiny dagger and Faendal with his bow. clearly you see who will win this.
Brooks Hardison

Post » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:24 pm

I've had a problem with the courier being in his undies as well. Both inside the city as well as him running cross-country to track me down. Its getting where I'm more surprised when he's actually wearing clothes.
everybody has that :/
Stacy Hope

Post » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:40 pm

i've never seen a naked currier and i've played for over 200 hours. I have seen the currier confront me and then instantaniously vanish.
Michelle Chau

Post » Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:44 am

naked NPCs are not that rare honestly, in fact, there is at least one naked NPC that will chase you down
Felix Walde

Post » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:03 pm

They're all followers -- do you have anything editing followers?

Click on them in the console and type "inv"; that will show you if they're at least carrying their clothes.
Justin

Post » Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:05 pm

They're all followers -- do you have anything editing followers?

Click on them in the console and type "inv"; that will show you if they're at least carrying their clothes.
I figured out the same thing last night when I realized that Sven and Faendrel could be followers. It was the Follower Tweaks mod. I did not copy that over when I restored my game folder. So needless to say I will not be using that again.
Liv Brown

Return to V - Skyrim