[WIP] Servants Must Serve (as of now 1.0)

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:49 pm

...Or just plain simply add new features without reinventing the wheel (with due credit, of course)

For example, those that have played Living Cities Of Vanderfell and Vampire Embrace will know that you cant really talk to many npcs after around 12AM or 1AM as they will be 'sleeping,' and take unkindly to being awoken. And that is perfect.

Except if you are a vampire.

Then things are not so perfect. To fix that, when your vampire character approaches a 'sleeping' mortal you'll be given the option to either charm the mortal into speaking (and hence into blood-svcking) or vanish. But not only that. If you happened to enter in the house of a blood victim, or any other house together with your thralls or childs, they would rebel and yell at to get out O.O ! That too, is now fixed.

And thats all.
For 1.0 at least. Right now am working on 1.1, which would incorporate Vampire Illusion into the mix, allowing you to wander unmasked in front of various npc (depending on their class) without danger (as long as you dont wake them ) or charming them in the way of 1.0 (again, npc class-and perhaps player-stat dependent)

So with that said... Anyone has any idea in similar spirit? It doesnt have to be about vampires. And it doesn't really have to be about fusing features of two different mods, but nothing that sounds too complicated please. I'm using this mostly as a practical scripting class, as one gets to learn a lot by looking at the master's scripts xD

PD: I did not include a link since I dont know if its okay-to in this forum.

Credits so far:
Vampire Embrace, the God of vampire mods, and complicated mods xD Thanksfully, this guy's readme pointed exactly at the variables I had to use xD
Vampire Hunger III (extended version), included in the mix mostly because of the charm spells :D And because I use it, so I didn't mind the mod requiring it D:
Living Cities Of Vanderfell, for the whole schedule system, which includes the variables I use to figure out if people in a house are sleeping.
Rik Douglas

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:09 pm

Just tested this out today. It works good and is a much needed change I think.

What about a function that automatically adds the schedule disable item to npcs after being embraced or made slaves? This seems like a good mod to integrate something like that into. That's one of the reasons I don't use these mods together.
Kira! :)))

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:28 am

Sounds awesome! I personally was pissed to realize I'd have to get rid of LCV in order to play a vampire or risk having to kill everyone I desperately needed to trade/feed from. Don't forget to let traders trade after 12am!
Caroline flitcroft

Return to III - Morrowind