Several Issues On FWE + FOOK2 Setup

Post » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:09 am

I have a couple of irking issues with my game at the moment. But first I best show you guys my load order.

[X] Fallout3.esm[X] Anchorage.esm[X] ThePitt.esm[X] BrokenSteel.esm[X] PointLookout.esm[X] Zeta.esm[X] Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch.esm[X] CRAFT.esm[X] Enhanced Weather - Rain and Snow.esm[X] CALIBR.esm[X] FOOK2 - Main.esm[X] FOOK2 - [[censored]] World And Neighbourhood Kit.esm[X] FOOK2 - [DIK] DLC Improvement Kit.esm[X] FO3 Wanderers Edition - Main File.esm[X] VATSPerkWorkaround.esm[X] Destruction.esm[X] Sharing and Caring Companions.esm[X] Mart's Mutant Mod.esm[X] Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch - Operation Anchorage.esp[X] CRAFT - Activation Perk.esp[X] Enhanced Weather - Rain and Snow in Fallout.esp[X] Enhanced Weather - Weather Sounds in Interiors.esp[X] Enhanced Weather - Sneak Bonus during Storms.esp[X] FOOK2 - Main.esp[X] FOOK2 - [DESTRUCTION] Main.esp[X] FOOK2 - [DESTRUCTION] Main - Statics.esp[X] Destruction - DLC.esp[X] FO3 Wanderers Edition - Main File.esp[X] FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC Anchorage.esp[X] FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC The Pitt.esp[X] FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC Broken Steel.esp[X] FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC Point Lookout.esp[X] FO3 Wanderers Edition - DLC Mothership Zeta.esp[X] FO3 Wanderers Edition - Optional Worn Weapons.esp[X] FO3 Wanderers Edition - More Gore.esp[X] FO3 Wanderers Edition - FOOK Support.esp[X] FWE - FOOK DLC Support.esp[X] RI_Sleep2.esp[X] Tailor Maid.esp[X] Tailor Maid Anchorage.esp[X] Tailor Maid Brokensteel.esp[X] Tailor Maid PITT.esp[X] Echo_UseBothGloves.esp[X] WeaponModKits.esp[X] WeaponModKits - FOOK.esp[X] WeaponModKits - FWE Master Release.esp[X] WeaponModKits - OperationAnchorage.esp[X] WeaponModKits - ThePitt.esp[X] WeaponModKits - BrokenSteel.esp[X] WeaponModKits - PointLookout.esp[X] WeaponModKits - Zeta.esp[X] ShellRain.esp[X] UPP - Pack 1.esp[X] UPP - Pack 2.esp[X] Perk Up!.esp[X] Unlimited Death Reload Time.esp[X] Mart's Mutant Mod.esp[X] Mart's Mutant Mod - No Corpse Flies.esp[X] Mart's Mutant Mod - Feral Ghoul Rampage.esp[X] Mart's Mutant Mod - Hunting & Looting.esp[X] Mart's Mutant Mod - Increased Spawns.esp[X] Mart's Mutant Mod - Natural Selection.esp[X] Mart's Mutant Mod - Reduced Wasteland Spawns.esp[X] Mart's Mutant Mod - Tougher Traders.esp[X] Mart's Mutant Mod - Zones Respawn.esp[X] Mart's Mutant Mod - FOOK2.esp[X] Mart's Mutant Mod - FWE Master Release.esp[X] Mart's Mutant Mod - XFO.esp[X] NomNom.esp[X] SlurpSlurp.esp[X] 1PipboyPDA.esp[X] XFO_Pacing_Epic.esp[X] XFO_SP_Fix2_(SP10_TAGx2_INTxHalf).esp[X] ComboHeadgear.esp[X] ComboHeadgearOA.esp[X] Smurf_Impact_Accuracy_Skill_50percent.esp[X] Smurf_Impact_Accuracy_Condition_60percent.esp[X] Smurf_Impact_WpnSkillDmg_10percent.esp[X] Smurf_Impact_Accuracy_Running.esp[X] Smurf_Impact_Accuracy_Crouching.esp[X] ZoomReworked.esp[X] ImmersiveHealth.esp[X] GalaxyNewsRadio20[M].esp[X] RZW_RadioStutterFix.esp[X] ASU.esp[X] PAL - MERGED.esp[X] DefaultBulletCamHighChance.esp[X] VATS - MCE.esp[X] EterinityHospitial.esp[X] RaiderBensDen.esp[X] DustyCrevice.esp[X] AutoPatch.esp

Firstly is a rather irritating immersion killer. Whenever I exit my pipboy my armour is unequipped and then reequipped. Normally this isn't an issue but whenever I get into that last 25 encumbrance added by the armour's strength bonus I cannot fast travel. But oddly equipping a wastelanders backpack (+50 Lbs) allows me to do so again. In some cases when I'm carrying over 250 weight (my max with strength and backpack bonuses is 275) I have to resort to using TGM to be able to travel.

Secondly I've found that recently the nightvision added by some armours has suddenly seized to work. I press the default toggle key (N) and I see the meter decrease but no actual effect is played. If it worth note I have the (I believe FWE) nightvision disabled, but I think the nightvision helmets are FOOK so that shouldn't matter right?

Lasty are a few curiosities; Is there a patch or other mod which make some of the "Big" Small Guns (Combat Shotgun, 14mm Pistol, Desert Eagle for example) use the big guns skill instead?, Is there a patch that nerfs the Enclave troops (How are much too powerful in my game)?, Is there a patch that removes the requirement for guns like miniguns to wear power armour?, Is there any patches for Tailor Maid to remove the over-powered enchants?, and Do you suspect I'm not up to date with any of these mods??

Thanks very much for reading, even more so if you can help me solve these issues. :)
no_excuse

Post » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:01 pm

Ok I finally found how to get to the FOOK options so you can cut out my query about the heavy weapon penalty. But I'm still having issues with the nightvision even after enabling it and tinkering with features the visuals won't play.
Gwen

Post » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:55 pm

Nightvision for FOOK2 really doesn't work all that much from what I can tell.

Lasty are a few curiosities; Is there a patch or other mod which make some of the "Big" Small Guns (Combat Shotgun, 14mm Pistol, Desert Eagle for example) use the big guns skill instead?

Not that I know of, but it's not that hard to change this yourself.

Open FO3EDIT. Load all the MODs. On the tree open FOOK2 - Main.esm > Weapon. Highlight whatever weapon you want. Scroll ETYP - Equipment Type. Right Click and then pick edit. A pop-up screen will pop-up. Click through that. Then you'll be able to edit it. Change to Big Guns. Viola, you're done.
Kate Schofield

Post » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:24 am

It works perfectly for me, I've tried some of those night vision mods that make it brighter, but they made it too bright for me so I stuck with FOOK's night vision which for me is just about right.
Kate Schofield

Post » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:39 pm

It works perfectly for me, I've tried some of those night vision mods that make it brighter, but they made it too bright for me so I stuck with FOOK's night vision which for me is just about right.
I think a lot of what makes the difference is whether the user has bloom vs. HDR lighting. Among http://www.gamesas.com/bgsforums/index.php?s=&showtopic=1079668&view=findpost&p=15720419, there's a choice to use different sets of NVG image space modifiers, so hopefully both lighting camps are satisfied.

To disable HWH (Heavy Weapon Handicaps), hit up the second button in FOOK2 v1.0's options menu ('O' key).
marie breen

Post » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:26 am

Well the odd thing is that I've had it working previously on the same character, and I use HDR. How much of a pain will it be to update that?
Emma Louise Adams

Return to Fallout 3