Simple question about Nif OptimizerNifmodify etc.

Post » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:36 am

When I download any modding tool and unpack I only get the executable, never the batch file. (I never get a .txt file either but I don't care about those, still it shows something is wrong) I see everyone using these tools in videos and even in written tutorials it talks abouit the .bat files so I know you're suppose to get them. For example with Nif Optimizer you're when you unpack it after manually downloading it you get the ,exe and a batch. I believe it's called something like check all subfolders.bat. Same thing with Nifscan/Nifmodify, you're suppose to get a .bat file. No matter what I use, winzip, 7zip, winrar etc. or how or where I unpack these tools I always just get the exe. I never get the batch files which I want and need. I've been told by some to just use command prompt but regardless it doesn't explain why I do not get these batch files. Can anyone think of any legitimate reason? And if nobody has an answer can somebody please send me these .batch files. Especially for nif optimizer and nifmodify I really need the .bat's for those in particular.

Anna Watts

Post » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:00 pm

It sounds more like you have your Windows set to hide those types of files. I would check that first.

Amy Cooper

Return to V - Skyrim