Skyrim Improved – Overhaul
Version 0.7.1(RC2) by Mofakin and great help of JustinOther

Download and Information:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=15232
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=756760
http://www.file-upload.net/download-4393575/SkyrimImprovedReadMe.html.html
http://www.gamesas.com/topic/1366939-relskyrim-improved-overhaul/

LATEST NEWS:

!!!I had to take down version 0.7 due to a bug that prevented you from activating the configuration menu when starting a new game. Also, the torch and toggle hotkey acted extremely wacky, so I abandoned them entirely. Instead I've made 6 new hotkeys for your pleasure. Hotkeys are: Follower Wait = NUM9, Follower Follow = NUM-, Follower Dismiss = F4, Hard Save = F3, Equip Heal Spell = ;(Semicolon), Equip Healing Hands Spell = '(Apostrophe). The new follower hotkeys do not play the voice sound, instead you get a notification that your follower is either waiting or following. The hard save hotkey creates saves as if you would go into the menu, thoose saves are rotating, other then the default quicksave, and they are much more reliable (using quicksave, quickload function anyone?).

Version 0.7.1 aka RC2. I've came a long way with Skyrim Improved - Overhaul. Starting development since mid December 2011 I'm finally able to announce the first release candidate. However, I have to uphold the BETA status because of the regulations of SKSE team. So as long as they want us to tag our mods with BETA, we'll have to, and will do it. It's just a matter of respect for thoose guys work so hard to enhance our all game experience. As much as I wish to lay of the BETA on Skyrim Improved - Overhaul, I simply can't because of this. The mod itself, as of version 0.7.1, can be considered officially out of BETA. For 0.7.1 the whole code has been rewritten and rearranged in order to streamline the process of SI features. Hotkey response has been optimized as much as possible and except of the arrow weight bug and 2-3 occasionall freezes on testing with hotkeys configuration (which has been abandoned, cause of instabillity), every single bug I'm aware of has been fixed. I still have reports of minor issues, but wasn't able to recreate them myself. They seem to happen on certain mod constellations, and seem to be dependend on the power of your machine. SI is very script intensive, as numerous scripts run OnInit/Update in tandem. I promise this will be even more streamlined with future SKSE code. I again want to thank anybody that gave me bug reports and helped me squishing them, and specially want to shove a thanks over to Justin, who catapulted me into the rangs of apprentice scripters. A level I never expected to reach. While I still have to learn a lot about scripting with papyrus, I've reached a level to get an understanding of what the code in front of me does. I just need to learn now how to arrange it, in order to do what I want it to do.

Now about version 0.7.1. Since I rearranged and streamlined everything this also means that most of the CK instances and scripts are renamed. I needed to unclutter everything in order to not lose the perspective on the dimensions of this mod. This unfortunately means you have to restart a new game. This step is inevitable, because I know you're going to have a huge load of bugs, if you don't do this. If you don't agree and want to try your luck with a clean save, go on and see if it works, but I won't promise anything. I'm going to list here which things I still consider as 'unstable' and need to have an eye on. You can help me by also keep your eyes open and report if any problems occuring with thoose things mentioned. Arrow Weight Bug: does it still occur, if so where and when? Hotkeys: are they responsive, do they act weird, do they freeze your game? Real Encumbrance: noticed any weird behaviour when overencumbered? I got reports of the encumbrance feature bugging out, but that seemed to be related to another mod, as the user said. Speed Progression, Carry Weight and 1 skills: does it work perfectly? Any problems occuring? Please keep on reporting if there are any bugs and/or instabilitys, but make sure that this is related to Skyrim Improved. Since I had to strip the reconfigure hotkey feature you need to give me input where exactly you want to have the keys, so I' able to develope patches for the next version. Also notice that this will be the first version with released source code.

I have to make a final announcement. As of version 0.7.1 the follower Arnulf has been officially replaced by his infamous brother Berdrulf. Arnulf is planed to be the protagonist of my upcoming follower/quest mod and will play a far more important role in future. I hope you won't miss him to much. But I promise, he'll soon be back. So without any further words, the changelog.

Eigth release 27.05.2012, Version 0.7.1:

- Made new follower hotkey for wait(NUM9), follow(NUM-) and dismiss(F4) followers
- Fixed configuration menu not working when starting a new game
- Made new misc hotkey 'hard save'(F3)
- Made new spell hotkeys for heal( :wink: and healing hands(')

Seventh release 26.05.2012, Version 0.7:

- Fixed the hotkey response and weird acting
- Anchored a SKSE check into the master script that will notifiy you if you don't have SKSE installed
- All vanilla followers can now be controlled via hotkeys, this includes all hirelings and housecarls
- Per request made 3 new hotkeys: candlelight(,), clairvoyance(.) and magelight (/)
- If you have better horses installed you can now use call horse with hotkey (NUMEnter) (SIBHPatch)
- Better Horses horse call spell will now be added at the start of the game (SIBHPatch)
- Entirely removed quicksave and quickload default keys (optional)
- You can now rebind the default 8 hotkeys in controls menu (optional)
- You can now rebind the toggle console key in controls menu (optional)
- Arnulf has been replaced by Berdrulf
- Improved all female voices. They still sound like Micky Maus, but at least no longer as Barry Manylow
- No more starter script at the chopping block, Codex of Survival Book has been removed, the mod is now configurable via hotkey (F2) whenever you want to configure it.
- You can choose now to enable/disable bottles needed to milk venom from spiders
- You can choose now to enable/disable level based speed progression aka basic athletics
- You can choose now to enable/disable the arrow have weights feature
- Fixed real encumbrance having a detrimental effect on inventory weight
- Real encumbrance is no longer viewable in the magic menu, just as any other not magic related effect, it's just there
- Made compatibility for Deadly Combat
- Rearranged, fixed and streamlined the whole code in order to make things more stable
- cleaned the plugin
- Made a compatibility plugin for Wearable Lanterns

Requirements:

Make sure your version of Skyrim is always up to date. I won't support older versions of the game.

You'll officially need http://skse.silverlock.org/, always make sure to install the most actual version.

What is Skyrim Improved?

Skyrim Improved - Overhaul is an Overhaul of Skyrim that primary tries to enhance and improve gameplay while at the same time making changes to increase difficulty. It's also a source for new and unique features, such as craftable barrels, useable beartraps and lanterns, new followers/summons, a crafting, perk, creature and combat overhaul, and tons of minor features listed in the detailed information section. Also notice that Skyrim Improved is styled in a hardcoe fashion, such as most elements of SI will make your life in Skyrim much harder then you're used to in the default game. SI is build around some of the most brilliant mods in history of Skyrim, and one of it's main goals is to accompanie the mods found in the recommended mods section. I'm playing with all of thoose mods and they exceptionally add new gameplay elements to the game. SI is not made for the casual gamer, it's not made for people that are used to be kept on the leash, it's made for people that appreciate some serious gameplay additions and increase in difficulty and realism. SI without the recommended mods unfolds only 50% of it's full potential. Skyrim Improved - Overhaul is not, and is never going to be, a source for content that's not related to gameplay. If you want a fancy new armor/weapon, the latest Manga inspired miracle, or game crossing content, you won' find it in Skyrim Improved. I'm trying hard to keep the mod lore friendly, though it's true that some things have been changed in favor for playability.

INSTALLATION:

Installation with NMM:

1. Press the download with Manager button on the Nexus and confirm the requested programm
2. Once downloaded open up NMM and click the mods tab to import the SkyrimImproved.7z
3. Start the mod via NMM and choose which compatibility patches you wish to use
4. After installation enable the plugin files with your prefered reorder tool or in data files when starting up Skyrim
5. Have fun!!!

Manual Installation:

1. Unzip the files anywhere.
2. Move the .esp and .bsa 'SkyrimImprovedChanges' to your 'x:\...Skyrim\Data' folder
3. When starting Skyrim, click on data files, and make sure the 'SkyrimImprovedChanges.esp' is checked.
4. If you use SKSE and/or Wrye Bash, make sure the file is activated and your load order corrected. Use http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=6 to automatically get the correct load order.
5. Run Skyrim!

IMPORTANT!

To get the full benefits out of this mod, I recommend you to start over a new game, though the features of Skyrim will also work without a new start. If you're using Skyrim Improved on an existing character or with the Life another Life Mod by @Arthmoor, the mods core elements will be configurable via hotkey menu (F2). Make sure to exactly think about what you're doing when, for example, reseting your skills to 1 on your level 59 character.

If you are using a new version of Skyrim Improved upon an existing character made with SI, make sure to make a clean save before playing on. How to do this?

1. Load your game and find a interior cell, save the game
2. Exit game, turn off the SkyrimImprovedChanges.esp and load the previously made save, save again
3. Exit game, enable the new version, go into the game and save again
4. Exit the game once more and then start playing with the clean save

Detailed Information:

Here I'm trying to give you detailed information on what is implemented into the game, why I've made those changes and how the new features are used. I've sectioned this into different paragraphs, because there are many changes made to the default game.

Main Gameplay Changes:

Skyrim Improved complete configuration via hotkey: Press F2 whenever you want in game to open up the Skyrim Improved configuration menu. You can configure all gameplay features inside this menu. If you choose to enable the 'set the skills to 1' feature, notice that there's no turning back, once you've decided to change that. So if you have a level 5+ character it might be better to not enable this feature, as I assume most people will have their skills boosted beyond 15 at this stage of their game.

Automatic health regeneration for PC and NPC turned off: Basically this turns off automatic health regeneration for all humanoid races, including the player. Automatic health regeneration in combat is also turned off. This feature is configurable in Skyrim Improved Menu(F2).

Slower magic and stamina regeneration for PC and NPC: Just as the sentence implies, this lowers the automatic regeneration of magic and stamina for all humanoid races, including you. This feature is configurable in Skyrim Improved Menu(F2).

Basic athletics and slower speed: You'll start with 75% of default running speed at level 1. You'll slowly build up more speed when leveling up. The highest speed you'll get is 125% at level 100. The formula of speed progression is based on different multipliers through the leveling up process: You get x2.5 speed in the first levels, you reach 100% (default speed) at around level 12/13, with level 50 you have 117,5% speed. Once you've reached Level 101 you no longer gain higher speed. This feature is configurable in Skyrim Improved Menu(F2).

No starter spells, racial powers and racial abilities: You'll start without any magic capabilities. No spells, no powers and no abilities. The same is for every humanoid race. This feature is configurable in Skyrim Improved Menu(F2).

Reset all skills to 1: This feature is turned off by default, and you should only use it if you really want a challenging game. Lowering all off your skills to 1 is a hard step to take, and combined with the lower skill progression in Elys Uncapper Mod, renders you almost incapable to survive in Skyrim. Combine that with a Basic Needs and Hypothermia mod, and your Skyrim experience will remind you more of an adventure in the Zone. This feature is configurable in Skyrim Improved Menu(F2).

Carry Weight lowered to 120 from default 300:This feature is also turned off by default. What it basically does is taking the ability from you to carry 6 tons of steel around. Who can do this in real life? Ok, Skyrim is a game, but for my taste the vanilla carry weight renders the game into a simple slash, hack and loot fest. Your carry weight won't be gone forever. There are new spells, rucksacks and other options to increase your carry weight throughout the game. Apart from that you'll gain +2 carry weight every time you level up and choose stamina as raised attribute. Also, why not let your followers 'carry your burden'? The carry weight formula unfolds as followed: Vanilla = 300(basic)+100(perk) = 400+Stamina increase+magic at level 10; Skyrim Improved = 120(basic)+32(max rucksack)+80(max perk) = 232+stamina increase+magic at level 50+. This feature is configurable in Skyrim Improved Menu(F2).

Followers put away torches when Player is sneaking or commanding them: This feature basically does what it says. It removes torches from your followers inventory when you begin to sneak or send them into command mode and adds them back when you get out of sneak state. This only works for torches, not for lanterns.

Static HUD and coloured map: This feature is completely optional and originally developed by @DragonBoon. It features a static, less intrusive HUD, coloured map markers, map markers made much smaller and thus less intrusive and a coloured sneak eye, based on your opponents detection rate. Make sure to deenable while installation in NMM, if you don't want to use it. This will not be part of the uploaded Workshop package.

Hotkeys: There are hotkeys for 13(14) different things. Instant quit = F1, Skyrim Improved configuration menu = F2, Make a hard save = F3, Dismiss follower = F4, Trade with follower = NUM/, Command follower = NUM*, follower follow = NUM-, follower wait = NUM9, Call Horse = NUM Enter, Candlelight spell = ,, Clairvoyance Spell = ., Magelight Spell = /, heal spell = ;, Healing Hands spell = '. The hotkeys are choosen and optimized with arrow key players in mind. WSAD player will have to write me so that I perfectly know how to arrange the hotkeys for them. Go on and rearrange the hotkey script propertys if you feel safe on how to do this. Unfortunately the configure hotkey feature has not made it into the mod yet, as it was highly instabile.

Real Encumbrance: This progressively slows down your movement speed, when more weight is added to your inventory. This works in combination with basic athletics and other speed/weight related stuff imported by SI. Once you've exceeded your maximum carry weight you eventually come to a complete halt. This feature is configurable in Skyrim Improved Menu(F2).

Changes to Animals and Creatures:

Animals and Creatures will randomly attack each other: This is one of the most potent changes. Basically all creatures, except humanoids, will randomly attack each other. This adds to a chaotic and unpredictable nature inside Skyrim Improved. You'll see Wolfes fight each other for food, Trolls compete over their next meal, and eventually a Bear who's defending it's territory. Once they see you they will either attack or not, that's dependent on the situation.

Animals and Creatures will randomly attack Dragons: Dragons are no longer impregnable. They get attacked by animals and creatures on a random base. Sometimes animals and creatures will aid to your help when fighting Dragons. Eventually they spare you enough time to disappear. Fighting Dragons in Skyrim Improved is almost suicidal.

Animals and Creatures will no longer report crimes: I was always wondering how exactly a Mammoth was able to report a crime. Was it like stepping in front of a guard and telling him what a bad motherfudger I was? No, no more. This 'vanilla feature' has completely been eliminated. It's no free ride however. Intelligent actors will still report you, like Giants for example.

Statistics overhaul of Animals and Creatures: Most Animals have their speed and acceleration raised. Some are made stronger, others made more cowardlish. Also, there is now much more diversity in animal and creature statistics and behaviour.

Animals and Creatures will search for food: Predators are searching for meat, Prey's searching for flora or smaller prey and creatures are searching for anything they can eat. This happens completely random and makes most animals/creatures leave their common habitat in search for food. Bears have a speciality by hibernating in winter, Wolfes most hunt in packs and rats preferably attack wounded creatures.

Changes to crafting:

Portable crafting tools and blueprinting: Every static tool like the forge, the smelter or the workbench is now craftable as temporary portable tool. The portable tools are useable only once as long as your inventory is opened. The portable tools come in very handy in huge dungeons such as the Blackreach. Blueprinting means you can now make a blueprint copy of every item with a paper roll and something to write, like a inkwell and quill, or charcoal. You'll use these blueprints to recreate the item at every forge you come across. This way you don't need to carry the item around.

All unplayable Armor/Clothes/Jewelry/Weapons made play- and craftable: Yep, that's right. Every item of that category which wasn't playable before, is now playable. You can craft it at the forge or elsewhere and if the item was enchanted by default, you'll also get the chance to craft an unenchanted version of it. Some items are only craftable when you've made a blueprint copy of it or did certain quests.

All unique Armors/Clothes/Jewelry/Weapons made play- and craftable: And another right. Every item of that category, which wasn't craftable before, is now craftable with or without enchantment. Certain items will only be craftable when you've done some quests or got a blueprint copy from the requested item.

Craftable level upgrades for level scaled items: If you got an item at low level progression you'll now get the chance to upgrade the said item to the next higher level. Just step up to a forge and upgrade the weapon or armor or whichever else item you like.

Every Armor/Clothes/Jewelry/Weapon now improvable twice as much: Now this feature is no longer limited to steel and certain other items. You'll get the chance to temper every useable item, including those imported by Skyrim Improved.

Fixed every Armor/Clothes/Jewelry/Weapon to be in the recipe list: To make it short. You're able now to craft and temper every item, no matter where you are. Do certain quests, gain a certain level/skill, have a certain perk or catch blueprints of items and you'll get the chance to make it yourself, with or without enchantment. I've added over 500 new recipes for you to craft.

Crafting recipes revisited: Most of the default recipes got overhauled in a fashion that you'll need more ingredients to craft the item. I've changed more than 100 recipes to use ingredients that make logical sense. Some of the recipes need ingredients that have been imported by Skyrim Improved.

Craftable Arrows: Yes, you also get the chance to craft every single arrow in game. You'll need feathers, arrow heads and arrow shafts to make a bundle of ten arrows. Arrow crafting is depended on skill and perks, so you won't be able to craft ebony arrows when not having the appropriate perk. Additionally I've introduced new arrow types, Silver, Golden and Quicksilver arrows. Read more about it in the archery section.

Craftable Scrolls and Staffs: For the mages out there, you can now craft scrolls with paper rolls, a quill and inkwell and the appropriate spell, if you own it. The same is for staffs. You basically craft a 'dry' staff and then enchant it with known magic.

Craftable new and old misc. items: You can now craft new stuff like portable barrels, beartraps, rucksacks, refine bottles, lanterns, torches, lockpicks, inkwells, quills, forks, spoons, knifes and paper rolls. All of thoose items are useable and some of them are needed crafting prerequisites. You'll use a portable barrel by crafting it, drop it from your inventory and activate it while sneaking. You can put it into your inventory with the content inside, but it's not a good idea to carry it around, since it's a huge encumbrance. Beartraps are used by just dropping them out of your inventory. They're a little picky to handle, but I think you'll get to understand how and where to use them. Lanterns function just like torches but have higher weight and stronger light radius, rucksacks increase your carry weight when worn and refine bottles are a prerequisite when trying to milk venom from spiders. Additionally there are now branches which you need to collect in order to get certain recipes done. See more in the Loot, harvest and Ingredients section.

Crafting meltdown certain items: Certain items can now be used to smelt ingots from them. You get the chance to meltdown all ingot types from various misc items, all standard weapons and armor.

Grain different ingredients at grain mills: Grain mills are now a working tool. You'll need them to craft anything grain and grind related, like flour, salt and gem dust. Additionally grain mills have been placed all around the Skyrim world for easy access.

Crafting tools placed all around the world: Every major settlement in the Skyrim world now has a complete set of crafting/forging/smelting tools. I think it was annoying having to walk for miles sometimes just for a single ingot smelting. It's even more difficult with Skyrim Improved whole features enabled.

Changes to loot, ingredients, harvestable, potions and food:

Potions have duration: Health, Stamina and Magic regeneration potions now have duration. So you no longer get instant attribute healing from them. The effect develops in 3-5 seconds depending on the potion you drink. The same goes for ingredients that are used to make the said potions.

General loot decreased: In general looting is now much more sophisticated in terms of quantity and quality. You not only get less loot, finding something really precious is seldom. Also the loot in the starter dungeon is significantly lowered. Do you remember how it was in Oblivion were you couldn't obtain the armor and weapons dropped by certain NPC's? This is true for the starter dungeon of Skyrim now. You will leave Helgen underground with a hand full of loot and maybe like 15 Gold.

Milking spiders only with refining bottles: You no longer get frostbite venom from spiders without having a refine bottle. In order to get one, you just need to clean an empty bottle at the forge and then carry it with you, when killing a spider and trying to milk her. In addition you can now refine the common spider venom to a more lethal version, the 'spider poison'.

Harvest branches from trees: Branches are needed for a lot of crafting recipes now. In order to get them, you'll just need to harvest them from trees. Or you can craft meltdown them from wooden misc. items, like brooms or pitchforks. Harvesting branches from the gilden green tree and other magical trees grants you a very useful ingredient. I don't want to spoil, so see for yourself.

Mining ore like harvesting plants: The mining ore animation has been turned off. It was a nice gimmick when I've played the vanilla game, but it quickly got annoying having to wait for 30 seconds. Additionally you get now 15 ores instead of 9 ores at every source.

New ingredients and food: I've added new ingredients mainly to be found on creatures around Skyrim. there are also new food recipes for the hungry people playing Skyrim Improved.

Give extended Ownership: More stuff is owned by the inhabitants of towns and settlements, thus rendering the loot much lower. The goal is to lower the chances for the player to loot stuff that doesn't belong to him without stealing.

More loot activated: Finally I made changes to certain loot being more frequent, like feathers from Hargreavens and hawks, or Trolls now spawning Troll skulls.

Changes to overall combat:

Melee weapon range shortened: This relies to every melee weapon in game. You no longer have unrealistic melee weapon range and must be closer to enemies in order to hit them. This also relies to shield bashing.

Overall weapon and combat damage raised: This basically means you no longer have to bash an enemy unrealistic often. Combat is much faster paced and you'll need to time your bashes and blocks much better in order to fight successful. The torch bash is now much more lethal, as I believe fire should do quite an amount of damage when igniting someone.

Blocking made more effective: In addition to the changes to combat, blocking is now at least twice as effective.

Auto Aim turned off for all weapons and magic: Put simply: you no longer have auto aim, not with melee weapons, not with ranged weapons, not with magic. You fail more often to hit something especially in ranged combat. The same is true for your enemy.

Arrows faster and higher range: Arrows are 1.5x faster flying, have a much higher range x2, and are more effective in long range combat. Additionally arrows are now progressing and have different stats. See the Archery section for more.

Combat stamina system revised: Stamina is now much more relevant in combat. Bashing around like a berserk without good timing is no longer possible. And on top of that, if you can't deliver a good fight, your enemy will kill you without the option to flee, because you either suffer from low stamina, and/or, in lower levels, from your low speed. Power attacks cost 1.5x more stamina, sprinting costs less stamina, but more when you have high inventory weight. In general attacks and blocks cost more stamina and power attacks now have a cool down time just as shouts. So no more power attack spamming. The only exception is zooming with a bow, which costs less stamina. This makes fending off enemies with bows or magic more beneficial before entering melee combat.

Changes to arrows and archery:

Arrows have weight: Arrows now have weight. This has an effect to your inventory and to combat as well. Some arrows are heavier than others and thus having different trajectory. A set of 100 arrows weights 10(kg) depending on the arrows class. The heaviest arrows are Golden arrows. Weight has the most impact on Golden arrows as you'll soon notice. There is a knowen bug, you experience when you served your time in jail. It will corrupt your carry weight. Use the special spell that has been introduced with version 0.4 to fix the bug. Just cast the spell and any instance of arrow weight dummys will be removed by the spell. But be aware, this spell also removes all arrows to prevent exploiting.

Arrows have different stats: Arrows now all have different statistics from each other and different abilities. Before talking too much, just have a look at this spreadsheet:

http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/6260/arrowspreadsheet.jpg

As you can see the heaviest arrow is the golden one. The most lethal probably the daedric and ebony and the most controlable the elven, glass and orc arrows. They all have different properties and you'll need to find out for yourself which arrow suits you best.

Added Silver, Quicksilver and Golden arrows: Silver, Quicksilver and Golden arrows are special arrows that are only craftable if you have the arcane smithing perk. Silver arrows ignore normal weapon resistance and quicksilver arrows emit light and are the fastest available arrows. They fly with almost 0 trajectory, but have the lowest impact force and damage of all available arrows. They are good in combination with refined spider poison and the weapon of choice for far ranged combat. The golden arrows ignore normal weapon resistance and have the highest impact force. It is a exceptional close combat arrow. The new arrows are craftable as well.

More arrows visible on bodies and stay longer: Just for a visual satisfying impact I've made thoose changes. You want to know if you'd hit someone with those new quicksilver arrows, right?

Changes to magic:

Added new Magic: There are 16 new spells. 5 spells to increase carry weight, 5 spells to increase running speed, 5 spells to slow down time and a regular nighteye spell. All thoose spells can be found in tomes throughout Skyrim. You can also find potions and scrolls with the new magic and you're able to enchant items with some of the new magic.

Light enhancing spells: I'm using the Realistic lights mod. This is why I made the candlelight spell more sophisticated and all spells give off light when casted.

Toggleable Nighteye and Vampire Sight: Yeah. Basically those two abilities are now toggleable.

Follower and summon additions:

Added 4 new followers: I've added 4 new followers to Riverwood. A Nord Barbarian named 'Berdrulf Warzenschlegger', a Breton Healer named 'Mira Duvain', and an Argonian Archer/Ranger named 'Lifts her Tail'. They share different abilitys, characters and preferences. You won't see Berdrulf ever using magic, Mira ever going into a rampage or Lifts her Tail doing anything like that. The new followers have a daily schedule. They are working at different places in Riverwood, they go eat together in the inn and their camp, and they are frequently training at the small island close to Riverwood. Additionally you get the chance to recruit a spider named 'Widow'. I won't tell you were you'll find her, but she's close to Riverwood.

5 new Summons: The 5 new summons are a 'Large Familiar' Bear Spirit, a Draugr 'Ghost Archer', a Whispmother 'Ghostspirit', a Hallow Dead named 'Hollow Death', which basically is Arnulf in ghost form and you're also capable of conjuring Alduins Ghost once you've ended the final stage of the main quest.

Additional minor changes:

Give gifts and make essential: You can now give gifts to befriended NPC's and make followers essential through dialogue.

Perk Overhaul: I've added 70 extensions for default perks and added 15 unique new perks. I don't want to spoil them, but most are related to conjuration, alchemy and archery.

Bug fixes and fixed annoyances: In addition to the fixes in crafting I've also made some changes to other things: cabbage, leek and chicken nests do now respawn. NPC's and followers no longer block doors and bottlenecks. Just bump them and they move away farther and faster. Days and month now reflect their Earth like counterparts. I'm still too lazy to learn the lore about days and month and I want to know which day it is, cause I'm writing live journals when playing the game. Knife, forks and spoons now have a name. Certain misc. items like lockpicks are weighted now. And finally I got rid of a whole bunch of annoying messages that spoiled my game experience.

Cutthroat merchants: Merchants buy from you for 25% of the vanilla prize and sell to you for 4x higher then vanilla. Money progression is significantly slowed with this.

Increase in costs: Level up training costs 1.000 gold at level novice, and is available to you only 3 times. Hirelings cost 5.000 gold instead of 500, furnishing homes is 5x more expensive. Alchemy and Enchating is 5x more expensive. Travelling across country is 5x more expensive. In addition you get slightly more reward for certain radiant quests and the value of pelts and hides are increased for the hunters. I decided to make that change in order to give the player a greater motivation to do jobs to improve his income. In general it will be very hard with Skyrim Improved to get a decent amount of income.

Traps and diseases more lethal: Contracting disease now actually does something negative to you, especially with hardcoe settings enabled. Traps are 5-10x more lethal than in default game. Most traps mean instant death to you and your followers, so be prepared and careful when venturing those Dwemer caverns.

Unique Barenziah quest book: The Barenziah quest is a very good addition, but after playing two times through the vanilla game, I no longer have the nerve to search for those stones. I've created a unique book which tells you where to find those nasty gems, but only if you understand the riddles inside the book.

Radiant Jobs: Do you remember how you could sell wood to Hod in Riverwood? Theese kind of radiant jobs have been extended, and you're able now to sell charcoal, fish and bonemeal to certain people around Skyrim. There will be far more jobs in future updates. The items can be sold logically, so you won't have good chances to sell fish to a Blacksmith, or charcoal to an Inkeeper.

New Salt Ores: It always bugged me that there weren't any sources to regulary get salt in vanilla Skyrim, so I changed that by adding 66 new salt ores around Skyrim, primarly around towns and citys. The salt mines have map markers and are fully operational. Look out for ores that are similar to silver ores.

Bandages: Thoose heal 100 health instantly and can be made of linen wraps. You can craft linen wraps from most clothes and linen wraps found in dungeons. You'll have to clean the linen wraps with spirit, which you're also able to drink in order to fortifiy persuasion, and then get your bandage from it.

Smaller changes and additions: Timescale is lowered to 5 from vanilla 20. This means 5 minutes in game is the same as 1 minute in real life. So a Skyrim day lasts 4 hours and 48 minutes in real life. In addition to longer candlelight spell and magic giving of light, I've raised the duration of torches and the radius of emited light. It takes now 1 instead of 2 days to respawn vendors. In addition every vendor has now at least 1.000 gold. Different NPC's now carry torches on a random base. NPC's now use Ammo in their inventory. They no longer carry infinet amount of arrows. You're able to find salt in ore deposites on a random base. And finally humanoid races have more differ sizes.

CHANGELOG:

Eigth release 27.05.2012, Version 0.7.1:

- Made new follower hotkey for wait(NUM9), follow(NUM-) and dismiss(F4) followers
- Fixed configuration menu not working when starting a new game
- Made new misc hotkey 'hard save'(F3)
- Made new spell hotkeys for heal( :wink: and healing hands(')

Seventh release 26.05.2012, Version 0.7:

- Fixed the hotkey response and weird acting
- Anchored a SKSE check into the master script that will notifiy you if you don't have SKSE installed
- All vanilla followers can now be controlled via hotkeys, this includes all hirelings and housecarls
- Per request made 3 new hotkeys: candlelight(,), clairvoyance(.) and magelight (/)
- If you have better horses installed you can now use call horse with hotkey (NUMEnter) (SIBHPatch)
- Better Horses horse call spell will now be added at the start of the game (SIBHPatch)
- Entirely removed quicksave and quickload default keys (optional)
- You can now rebind the default 8 hotkeys in controls menu (optional)
- You can now rebind the toggle console key in controls menu (optional)
- Arnulf has been replaced by Berdrulf
- Improved all female voices. They still sound like Micky Maus, but at least no longer as Barry Manylow
- No more starter script at the chopping block, Codex of Survival Book has been removed, the mod is now configurable via hotkey (F2) whenever you want to configure it.
- You can choose now to enable/disable bottles needed to milk venom from spiders
- You can choose now to enable/disable level based speed progression aka basic athletics
- You can choose now to enable/disable the arrow have weights feature
- Fixed real encumbrance having a detrimental effect on inventory weight
- Real encumbrance is no longer viewable in the magic menu, just as any other not magic related effect, it's just there
- Made compatibility for Deadly Combat
- Rearranged, fixed and streamlined the whole code in order to make things more stable
- cleaned the plugin

Sixth release 21.05.2012, Version 0.6:

- From version 0.6 SKSE is officially needed in order to make hotkeys work, get it over http://skse.silverlock.org/. Always make sure to get the most actual version
- Added hotkeys to command(g) and share inventory(t) with followers. This only works as long as they are following you
- Fixed Vampire races still having abilities and powers
- Fixed the follower no torch when sneaking bug, feature now works 100% now, but only for torches
- Fixed the massive starter script bug introduced with version 0.5, which was noticeable when using SI on exisiting savegames, there no longer is a level check, instead the starter script runs only on MQ101 stage 97
- Added a book named 'Codex of Survival' which gets automatically added to the players inventory, once you start the game. You can use this book to reconfigure Skyrim Improved at will
- Added new hotkeys for torch (9, NUM9), toggle menus(NUM-) and quit game instantly(F1)
- To prevent bugs with skill progression in future, the reset skills to 0 is now reset skills to 1, this has proven to fix skill progression when using Elys Uncapper Mod
- Real encumbrance added. You slowly loose speed with increasing inventory weight, and eventually stop moving at all when exceeding your carry weight limit. This works 100% in combinatin with basic athletics and all extra carryweight spells, perks etc. added by Skyrim Improved
- SIRW Patch: Mammoth Tusk is now grindable at grain mill
- Removed all ambient sounds added by Skyrim Improved. Reason: they got annoying, and SI was never planed as Sound Overhaul
- Made Spider Widow a little bit faster
- Added ownership in and around Pinewatch
- SIMII Patch: Added ownership to handcarts and other stuff introduced by more interactive items
- Fixed text for 3 Rucksacks to reflect their real carry weight improvement
- Fixed all compatibility patches having the their correct master .esps
- The craftable barrel is now accessed while sneaking and activating it, instead of grabbing
- Added some more leather armor items to be downcraftable at tanning racks
- Arrowshafts can now be made from branches
- Made an optional plugin to revert changes made to prize ratio
- Made an optional plugin to remove map markers for salt ores
- Added some more clothes to the list of things you can make linen wraps for bandages of
- Fletch utilities renamed to feathers^^
- Recorded voices for new radiant jobs
- Made the craftable barrel have 500 weight, to circumvent exploits, also the crafting recipe now has more prerequisites

Fifth release 18.05.2012, Version 0.5:

- The most important change first: The SI starter script has been completely revamped, it is now much more streamlined and yet complex at the same time. You are now able to rejoice as much as you want. The sequence at the chopping block is slowed down with a slow time dummy ability that will be turned off, once you've made your choises. If you use SI on an existing character, or with @Arthmoors Life another Life, the starter menu will fire once you've reached level 2. You are not allowed to set your stats and skills to 0 on an existing character or with the LAL Mod, as this will certainly mess up things and your character. This won't apply to an existing savegame made with SI previously installed, since the starter menu has already been fired. This also renders the LAL patch useless, so make sure to delete it before updating to the newest version.
- The second most important change: Animal/Creature Overhaul. This is highly experimental stuff. Animals and creatures will now attack each other on a random base and no longer solely attack the player. Most animals and creatures will now attack Dragons. All animals and creatures will no longer report crimes, how exactly did they do this in the first place? Increased speed and acceleration for most animals.
Animals and creatures will now search for food once a day. Predators search for meat, prey searches for flora. Creatures individualy search for everything
- Added basic slow time spells, potions and scrolls which have been added to levelled lists and vendors
- New ingredient: Wood Chips. Can be crafted from branches, fire wood and baskets
- Fixed training cost exploit: Training costs now at least 1.000 gold at novice level and is only available 3 times per level. This fix will be revamped in future versions
- Carriage travelling and night at inns made much more expensive
- Fixed the Lady doomstone to increase heal rate like supposed to
- Fixed faulty Argonian race magic regeneration rate
- Fixed Spider Sap ingredient doing to much damage health
- Fixed Spider Widow quest not firing when trying to talk to her
- Fixed all salt ores being depleted and not mineable
- Fixed all restore health/stamina/magicka on ingredients being to high
- You can make charcoal from brooms now
- New food: wheat spirit, wine spirit, added to leveled lists and vendors, can be drunken for a fortifie persuasion effect, or used to disinfect linen wraps to make bandages
- Make clean linen wraps from most common clothes, which can then be used to create bandages
- Added bandages, they heal 100 points instantly. Either make them from clean linen wraps and a bottle of spirit, or dirty linen wraps and 2 bottles of spirit
- Fixed ingredient Spider Eye and Spider Tooth having black texture
- Changed some vanilla ingredient to have fortify persuasion, so you can craft persuasion potions more often
- Introduced More Interactive Item mod by @JustinOther to the recommended mod list and made a compatibility patch for it. The patch introduces some new recipes, like making bonemeal from bones, and dwemer ingots from the new items added by the More Interactive Items mod
- Increased value of hide, pelts and tusks in order to make the hunt worthwhile...yes, I'm listening to user wishes, though there are some pelts now that have higher values then their armor counterpart... :biggrin:
- You can smelter iron from basic knifes now
- You can smelter dwarven ingots from all vanilla dwarven miscs now
- You can smelter steel ingots from all basic draugr weapons now
- You can smelter various material ingots from all basic armor now
- Added map markers to all salt ores
- Fixed all spells, abillitys and powers to no longer show race specific properties in their description
- Fixed Khajit and Vampire Night Eye description to show it's toggleable
- Added a patch to remove ambient sounds added by Skyrim Improved
- I've managed to contact @DragonBoon. He allowed me to incooperate his LiHud+Map mod into Skyrim Improved. This is completely optional, as this mod runs only on resolution 1680x1050
- Added two new Rucksack variants and fixed all meshes to be closer to the body, for thoose 3rd person players. You'll get the better variants with higher levels only
- Fixed all arrow meshes to be closer to the body, for the 3rd person players
- Made crafting recipes for carts introduced by More interactive Items mod. You can make firewood of them (SIMIIPatch)
- Animal bones and other bonemeal stuff introduced by Real Wildlife is now grindable at grain mills instead of the tanning rack (SIRWPatch)
- Bonemeal has significantly weight reduced
- Linen Wraps have significantly weight reduced
- Fixed new spider ingredients not be inside of some spiders and Real Wildlife spiders (SIRWPatch)
- Added new job: Sell Bonemeal to apothecarys and pawnbrokers

Fourth release 11.05.2012, Version 0.4:

- Removed changes to skill progression in favor of Elys Uncapper mod found in the recommended mod section. I do this to tribute Elys efforts, and his mod is far better then mine. This should also remove any bugs you get with the smithing or other skills
- Branches can now be made of wooden laddles
- New jobs: Theese are jobs like selling wood to Hod in Riverwood. You can now sell charcoal to any Blacksmith in Skyrim and Fish(Salmon) to any Innkeeper and/or general store
- Changed amount of charcoal you get from firewood from 20 to 9
- Fixed all fortify heal potions to work like supposed to
- Fixed all fortify heal food to work like supposed to
- Fixed all fortify heal enchantments to work like supposed to
- Arrow shafts and utilitys (feathers) can now be crafted with your fletching tool and/or the tanning rack
- Fixed lanterns not being smeltable to iron
- You can semlter iron from forks now
- Fixed mushrooms Namira's Root, Imp Stool, White Cap and the human heart not having any value
- Fixed some jugs not having any value
- You can smelter steel from iron and charcoal now
- New food: Bread, Baken Skeever Meat, Honey Nut Treat, Grilled Leek, Baken Potatoes
- Fixed some unique weapons not being temperable
- Ultimatively fixed the bug with auto health regeneration kicking back in after you talked to Paarthunax the first time and/or got the Sinderion spell
- Fixed 'Eternal Spirit' not regenerating health like supposed to
- Revamped the athletics skill. Highest speed is now 125% at level 100, 117.5% at level 50 and 100% at level 13
- Added feather scrolls and added all feather spells, scrolls, tomes and potions to certain leveled lists and vendors
- Added increase speed scrolls, spell, potions and enchantment. Also added them to certain elveled lsists and vendors
- Added regular Night eye spells and added tomes to leveled lists
- Added speciall spell to fix the arrow weight bug when getting released from jail, use it only after you served your jail time
- Updated Life another Life patch
- Fixed bug with Sons of Skyrim not having weapons in their inventory, most noticable in Riften
- Rebalanced all smelter recipes to avoid exploiting
- Fixed refine bottles weren't craftable from lanterns
- Rucksack now craftable at tanning rack
- Golden, Silver and Quicksilver Arrowheads and Arrows now forgeable under category steel instead of misc
- Followers will put away torches and lanterns when you are sneaking...this is a little bit bugged, followers retrieve torches/lanterns even though they not have them in their inventory when previously no torch/lantern was present
- - Updated UFO Patch and fixed all missing changes made by booth mods. Now the patch 100% does what it is supposed to
- You can randomly loot spider eggs from spiders
- New spider ingredients: Spider Sap, Spider Tooth, Spider Eyeball
- - Fixed one last ownership in Riverwood...no more free soulgem for you... :biggrin:
- The quest to retrieve Spider Widow will now only start once you were close to Widow and examined her
- And finally a huge new feature: I've added 66 new Mine ores, namely Salt Ore Deposites throughout Skyrim, most in close vicinity to settlements, with the exception of Eastmarch
- Ambient sounds now only play at certain time a day. You won't hear woodcutting sounds around towns in the middle of the night anylonger
- Fixed bug with spider Companion Widow randomly attacking you

Third release 1.05.2012, Version 0.3:

- Lowered value of portable tools to prevent exploiting to get more money
- All cities and towns now have extended ownership. This eliminates the exploit to get anything that isn't yours and thus making money
- Fixed a bug with giants loosing their clubs and fleeing from you
- Fixed a bug with Dwarven Centurions having 0 attack reach, thus not hitting you
- Fixed a CTD bug in Bleakfalls Barrow after retriving the first word of power. This bug may have been experienced everytime you retrieved a word of power
- Fixed a potential bug in Lifts Her Tail recruit quest
- You can randomly find salt in ore deposites now
- 3 new followers in Riverwood have their own camp now
- Spider Widow is no longer essential
- Arnulf and Mira now have quests in order to be able to recruit them.
- Widow can now only be obtained through a quest. You have to do all 4 quests in a row to get complete access to all new followers
- 3 new followers now have extended packages. They have a daily shedule in Riverwood. Arnulf works at the mill, Mira in the inn and Lifts Her Tail at the forge. They also have a daily training shedule
- Fixed forging arrowheads only available at the Skyforge. They can now be forged at every regular forge
- Fixed craftable lantern being overweighted and having higher light radius. This time for real
- Loot in starter dungeon lowered significantly a second time. Do you remember Oblivion were you couldn't get armor from fallen comrades? It's the same for Skyrim now. You will leave the starter dungeon with a handfull of stuff and maybe like 5-15 gold coins
- Updated Better Horses Patch
- Updated Life another Life Patch
- Cost overhaul: almost anything is more expensive now. Buying houses, making enchantments, traveling etc. etc. etc.
- Radiant quest rewards have been slightly raised
- NPC's now use ammo in their inventory. They no longer have infinit amount of arrows
- Giving gifts to NPC'S is no longer a spell. It's managed through dialogue now. You can only give gifts to people that befriended you
- Make essential is no longer a spell. You can only make Actors essential that are following you
- Raised chance to find gems and salt in ore deposites
- You can smelter ingots from weapons now. This only applies to basic weapons, not enchantet or unique weapons

Second release 22.04.2012, Version 0.2:

- Loot lowered in the starter dungeon
- Revamped all crafting recipes to make use of new items, also things are now much harder to craft
- Spider Companion Widow now walks and runs faster
- Made a compatibility patch for Better Horses Mod
- Start to give extended ownership: Most stuff in Riverwood is now owned by their inhabitants
- Fixed the size of all 3 new followers
- 3 new followers can only be recruited after doing a quest
- One follower has basic voice acting...just a warning, it's terrible, but a start
- Made Skyrim Improved completely compatible with NMM, easy installation via a Fomod script
- You can make bonemeal from antlers now
- Made optional plugins to revert changes to messages and skill progression. Load after SkyrimImprovedChanges.esp
- 3 new followers are no longer essential
- Fixed a potential bug with AbsorbChance AV
- Fixed Mira's and Lift's her Tail's appearance
- Hirelings cost 5.000 gold now
- Made a compatibility patch for Arthmoor's Life another Life mod
- Portable tools are only useable once, as long as your inventory is opened
- Harvest branch sound is now more silent
- All humanoid races have more differ sizes now
- Fixed arrows all shared one and the same weight. They now really all have different weight
- Added golden arrows
- Took the 3 new followers dialogue out of the vanilla follower dialogue to increase compatibilitys with other mods and lower chance for bugs
- Blocking is more effective now
- Enemies will make more use of their shields now
- Lanterns now have less weight and give of more light

Initial release 14.04.2012, Version 0.1:

- This is the first version of Skyrim Improved - Overhaul. The reason why I gave it the version number 0.1 is merely to give myself enough room for future versions. Once I'm completely satisfied with the final product, I'm going to turn it into a 1.0 version. Consider this to be a BETA, since it's a first release, and with such a large mod, I'm almost sure to have missed something. For Changelog consult the detailed information section.

Recommended Mods:

Skyrim Improved is built around most of the, in my opinion, best gameplay enhancements mods like Frostfall: Hypothermia, Basic Needs, Real Wildlife and the Ultimate Follower Overhaul. I recommend using the following list of mods in combination with Skyrim Improved in order to get the best Skyrim experience possible.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=11163
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=14037
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=7654
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=9778
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=10843
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=3863
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=2653
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=9694
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=14767
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=1175
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=10836
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=10579
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=5312
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=10012
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=10886
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=8601
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=193
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=3562
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=11609

Compatibilities:

There’s a folder inside the Skyrim Improved package that provides compatibility with other mods. Use those patches only if you have the appropriate counterpart. Some of thoose patches not only add compatibility with other mods, but also new content, such as the SIMIIPatch, which enables more crafting recipes through bones and other stuff. The folder also contains several optional plugins that revert changes by user request. Use them only if you want certain features turned off. Load them behind SkyrimImprovedChanges.esp.

Known Bugs:

- The Ghostmother Summon sometimes duplicates itself when stucked inside a static or similar, the bug resolves once the Ghostmother dies
- The athletics/speed feature might kick in only once you've gone into sneak state, sheathed/unsheathed your weapon, or started to sprint. This actually is a vanilla engine bug, and there's nothing I can do about it at the moment
- The bug you might experience with your carry weight going crazy after you've been released from jail is fixable with the supported spell. The spell will remove every instance of arrow weight dummy from your inventory, fixing it. But beware, the spell will also remove any instance of arrows to prevent further bugs and exploits. After you used the spell to clean arrow weight dummys, the 'arrows have weight' feature will work like supposed to
- Sometimes the hotkey response is lagging. Keep it slow and easy, don't trash on them when they refuse to work, this will make them go even more wacky

FAQ:

1. Is this another personal changes mod? Could you do this or this?

Ehrm...sure this is a personal change mod. Why do you exactly think I'm doing this? To please the masses? I think I'm doing this primarly of personal preference and if someone else feels the same way about the game and how it should be improved then he/she is going to enjoy the mod. If not, the world won't go down if you don't download Skyrim Improved.

Will this work with mod x, y, z?

If mod x, y, z is not in the list of recommended mods, then there's a chance of conflict. Fortunately most features are addtitions and not changes, so there shouldn't be to much lost mod features if you'd prefer to load another mod after SI.

Could you please spellcheck and overhaul your grammar, I'm getting eye cancer!?

Sure. If you write me a 10.000 words and bug free German transcript I'm trying to improve my English skills even further, to please your grammar nazism... :biggrin:

Where do I get arrowheads?

Fletch them with your fletching tool, or craft them add regular forges.

Why did you made the game so [censored] hard? Are you suffering from a serious case of sadomaschism?

No, I'm just an old veteran gamer who plays PC games since 1989, and I'm used to actually exert myself in order to get something done in games. In vanilla Skyrim there is no exertion.

How does the sketching tool work?

In order to sketch something you must have the sketchable item in your inventory and then simply use the sketching tool. You will get a blueprint paper from it, which you then use to craft your item at forges .

Are barrels safe storages?

Yes they are. They're basically 'magic' in such that you can access one and the same container through the barrels you spread across Skyrim. Just place them where ever
you like. Nobody will steal from them, they won't respawn and they won't despawn from the game.

Why is it so hard to sell things to merchants?

Because I wanted it to be like that. There are plenty of options to make money fast, you just need to search for them. Remember what I said about exertion?

Is it impossible to survive with this mod, Frostfall, Basic Needs and MoMonsterMod?

Not if you play the game like me. I'm a survivalist, try to become one yourself... :wink:

You said you want to keep it lore friendly. Why are you using More Monsters Mod then?

Because it's an awesome addition to Skyrim despite it not being lore friendly. Aside from that, anybodys likes slashing monsters in games, don't you also?

What does reset your stats to 1 do?

It reduces all your skills to 1, and your health, mana and stamina to 50.

What does 'Do you wanna choose spells, racial powers and abilities based on school of magic?' do?

It lets you choose one racial power, one racial ability and two spells based on magic school.

Man, this is incredible hard. How should I play this?

My advice is to stay in vicinity of Riverwood until you've reached level 3. Do some jobs, collect some ingredients, go for the hunt, make some basic money, get some followers, build a group (if you're using the ultimate follower overhaul). Once you feel strong enough do Bleakfalls. Never, I repeat, never go somewhere unprepared and just head on. Staying alive is your first task, then go up for the others.

I keep dying when I jump through the roof of the inn at the start?

Watch the video to see how it's done. The reason for you dying is because you do it wrong. Fire hurts, avoid touching it.

Can you declutter the crafting lists by adding a condition to the recipes?

If I do that, how exactly would you find out how to craft things?

You said there are hotkeys. Which keys do I have to press?

F1 = instant quit
F2 = Configuration menu
F3 = hard save
NUM9 = follower wait
NUM- = follower follow
F4 = dismiss follower
NUM/ = trade with follower
NUM* = command follower
NUMEnter = call horse (with SIBHPatch only)
, = candlelight spell
. = clairvoyance spell
/ = magelight spell
; = heal spell
' = healing hands spell

Tools Used:

- Creation Kit
- Notepad
- Notepad++
- Paint
- Gimp
- Nifskope
- Audacity
- BSA Package Tool

Planed Features:

Most ideas have been made real. My focus now lies on fixing bugs reported by users and thoose I find myself. I also want to implie further gameplay changes that aren't possible due to the limitation of the CK. I'll have to wait for the SKSE team to implie new script variables to make things possible such as: Acrobatic skill, harvesting less from plants at low levels etc.. Squishing incompatabilitys with other mods is also priorized on my to do list.

Credits and Thanks:

I have to say thanks to a lot of people, specially thoose guys over at Bethesda, without them my life would be much less fun. A huge thanks goes out to @Lothar who was a great help in finding and nailing bugs, and @JustinOther for helping me with a lot of stuff concerning the CK. @DragonBoon gets kudos for allowing me to incooperate the LiHud+Map Mod, kudos to you brothers. I also have to thank all the people on the official forums. Without you guys and reading your threads in trying to understand how to mod, specially related to scripts, I would have never made this overhaul possible. I have to point out a special thanks to @tunaisafish, @Artisanix, @Arthmoor, @Elys and the guys from SKSE. You don't even know how much you help people by just posting your knowledge of modding. People like you are the pillars this whole modding community stands on. I also have to thank all the guys on the Nexus, the Workshop and over at TES Alliance, your daily input and efforts is very appreciated.

Enough talk now, go enjoy the game!!!
Oh, and if you find grammatical faults inside this ReadMe, go on and eat them, they're yours... :biggrin:

DISCLAIMER:

This software is provided 'as-is', without any express or implied
warranty. In no event shall the authors be held liable for any damages
arising from the use of this software.
Genevieve

Post » Mon May 28, 2012 10:00 am

Looks great! I was just about to start a new game anyway, so this might make for some fun!

What place would you suggest to put this in the load order?
Especially with the SIRW compatibility patch?
Jerry Cox

Post » Sun May 27, 2012 11:04 pm

Looks great! I was just about to start a new game anyway, so this might make for some fun!

What place would you suggest to put this in the load order?
Especially with the SIRW compatibility patch?

I'm still testing myself were to place the .esp. As long as I'm not telling something else, you're safe to place it in front of every other plugin. I've gone through every other plugin I have installed and tested compatitibility, for those that don't work I've made compatibility patches, place those after the corresponding plugin. If you find any incompatibilitys, let me know please so I can make compatibility patches.

The SIRW compatibility patch goes after Real Wildlife.

@all

I'm going to make a video this evening. I feel the need to show you how to play this mod. I've really played it yesterday for the first time, without only testing it, and I have to admit, it's difficult...:D
Emily abigail Villarreal

Post » Mon May 28, 2012 3:26 am

After Valve fixed a problem with Steam, that affected the whole German community, I can now give a peek look into what I'm working on for the next update. Expect it's release on Sunday 23.04.2012 latest. Some changes are still in the works, so I can't promise to bring in everything until Sunday.

- Compatibility patch for Better Horses. Was necessary due to conflicts with Actor/Player thus rendering the changes to starter spells useless
- Made spider companion Widow have higher walk speed, she couldn't match up with my speed
- Fixed portable tools to be useable minimum once and mximum three times before getting useless and thus removed from your inventory
- Fixed arrows really have different weight now. Due to a script error they were all sharing the weight of iron arrows
- Make Blocking twice as effective, I'd forgot about this when raising the overall combat and weapon damage
- Lowered the volume of the harvest branch custom sound
- Getting the 3 new followers to follow you will be much more harder now
- All humanoid races have more diversive sizes now
- Starting set of custom voice acting for 3 new followers
- Made several modular plugins in order to turn certain features on again, due to popular demand
- Lanterns have less weight...I dunno why I gave them 10 weight at all
- Skyrim Improved is now compatible with NMM
- Made a alternative starter script in order to make the mod compatible with 'Life another Life' alternative start mod
- Made changes to the starter dungeon giving you less loot
Tamika Jett

Post » Sun May 27, 2012 11:10 pm

Version 0.2 is uploaded to the Nexus and the Workshop. Following Changes:

Spoiler
- Loot lowered in the starter dungeon
- Revamped all crafting recipes to make use of new items, also things are now much harder to craft
- Spider Companion Widow now walks and runs faster
- Made a compatibility patch for Better Horses Mod
- Start to give extended ownership: Most stuff in Riverwood is now owned by their inhabitants
- Fixed the size of all 3 new followers
- 3 new followers can only be recruited after doing a quest
- One follower has basic voice acting...just a warning, it's terrible, but a start
- Made Skyrim Improved completely compatible with NMM, easy installation via a Fomod script
- You can make bonemeal from antlers now
- Made optional plugins to revert changes to messages and skill progression. Load after SkyrimImprovedChanges.esp
- 3 new followers are no longer essential
- Fixed a potential bug with AbsorbChance AV
- Fixed Mira's and Lift's her Tail's appearance
- Hirelings cost 5.000 gold now
- Made a compatibility patch for Arthmoor's Life another Life mod
- Portable tools are only useable once, as long as your inventory is opened
- Harvest branch sound is now more silent
- All humanoid races have more differ sizes now
- Fixed arrows all shared one and the same weight. They now really all have different weight
- Added golden arrows
- Took the 3 new followers dialogue out of the vanilla follower dialogue to increase compatibilitys with other mods and lower chance for bugs
- Blocking is more effective now
- Enemies will make more use of their shields now
- Lanterns now have less weight and give of more light

Sorry, wasn't able to do anything. I've expereienced some certain limitations, and had to learn that some changes will only be possible with SKSE in the future.
Jack

Post » Sun May 27, 2012 10:52 pm

Would this be compatible with the Deadly Combat mod? I find it to be essential to simulate even somewhat realistic combat and it'd be painful to choose either/or. :/
Chris Ellis

Post » Mon May 28, 2012 7:22 am

Would this be compatible with the Deadly Combat mod? I find it to be essential to simulate even somewhat realistic combat and it'd be painful to choose either/or. :/

I'm not using Deadly Combat, so I can't tell for 100%. I assume it should work as long as you load DC after the SkyrimImprovedChanges.esp. As far as I can tell DC makes some of the same changes then SI and adds new scripts in order to improve combat...this shouldn't be incompatible with SI.

Make it so:

1. Load booth mods in Creation Kit, doesn't matter if you choose SI or DC to be active...it will even work without any mod active
2. Find the Creation Kit ErrorLog.txt in your Skyrim folder (not Data)
3. Copy and paste the text over here wrapped in spoilers

I'll have a look at it and tell you if it's compatible or not.
Sun of Sammy

Post » Mon May 28, 2012 1:18 am

Sneak Peek for next update:

- All settlements have increased ownership. This includes smaller settlements like Rorikstead, Karthwasten and Dragons Bridge. Got through all ex- and interiors to give items ownership. You can no longer take things that are not yours in and around settlements. This will be improved in future versions, so that every single settlement, like farmsteads, mills and watchtowers, that are not occupied by bandits or other rogues, will have increased ownership.
- All 3 new followers can now only be recruited through quests and depending on which level you are. Lifts her tail will be recruitable at level 3, Mira at level 9, and Arnulf at level 15.
- All 3 new followers have extended packages, so they actually are living in Riverwood now. They occiasionally go on the hunt to bring in new food for the community.
- Significanly lowered the prizes of portable tools. Was to much of a cheat to craft and then sell them for high money.
- Fixed fletching recipes so you're now able to craft arrows on every forge, not just Skyforge.
- Costs are raised on a broad base. Almost anything is at least 5 times more expensive. This includes hiring mercenaries, sleeping at inns, buying and equiping houses and enchantment costs.
- Radiant quest rewards have been slightly increased-
- NPC's now actually make use of ammo. They no longer have infinite amount of arrows.
- Remember starting dungeon in Oblivion were you couldn't obtain armor and weapons from the corpses you've killed? It's the same for the Skyrim starter dungeon now. You'll leave the starter dungeon with a handfull of stuff and as much as 5-15 gold.
- Make essential and give gift are no longer spells. This functions now through dialogue. You can only make NPC's essential that are part of CurrentFollowerFaction, and you can only share gifts with people that befriended you.
- The overweighted lantern now really has been fixed to have less weight.

Things I'm still working on:

- German translation.
- First part of travellers around Skyrim, such as merchants travelling from town to town and hunters hunting for food for their domestic community.
- Extended compatibility patches for Real Wildlife, Basic Needs and Frostfall. The goal is to make use of new items from Skyrim Improved in the other 3 mods and vice versa.
- Loot in starter dungeon lowered even more, it's now like I want it to be.
- Widow is no longer essential. You can make her essential through dialogue though.
hannah sillery

Post » Mon May 28, 2012 6:48 am

Version 0.3 is live on the workshop. Going to upload to the Nexus now.

List of changes:

- Lowered value of portable tools to prevent exploiting to get more money
- All cities and towns now have extended ownership. This eliminates the exploit to get anything that isn't yours and thus making money
- Fixed a bug with giants loosing their clubs and fleeing from you
- Fixed a bug with Dwarven Centurions having 0 attack reach, thus not hitting you
- Fixed a CTD bug in Bleakfalls Barrow after retriving the first word of power. This bug may have been experienced everytime you retrieved a word of power
- Fixed a potential bug in Lifts Her Tail recruit quest
- You can randomly find salt in ore deposites now
- 3 new followers in Riverwood have their own camp now
- Spider Widow is no longer essential
- Arnulf and Mira now have quests in order to be able to recruit them.
- Widow can now only be obtained through a quest. You have to do all 4 quests in a row to get complete access to all new followers
- 3 new followers now have extended packages. They have a daily shedule in Riverwood. Arnulf works at the mill, Mira in the inn and Lifts Her Tail at the forge. They also have a daily training shedule
- Fixed forging arrowheads only available at the Skyforge. They can now be forged at every regular forge
- Fixed craftable lantern being overweighted and having higher light radius. This time for real
- Loot in starter dungeon lowered significantly a second time. Do you remember Oblivion were you couldn't get armor from fallen comrades? It's the same for Skyrim now. You will leave the starter dungeon with a handfull of stuff and maybe like 5-15 gold coins
- Updated Better Horses Patch
- Updated Life another Life Patch
- Cost overhaul: almost anything is more expensive now. Buying houses, making enchantments, traveling etc. etc. etc.
- Radiant quest rewards have been slightly raised
- NPC's now use ammo in their inventory. They no longer have infinit amount of arrows
- Giving gifts to NPC'S is no longer a spell. It's managed through dialogue now. You can only give gifts to people that befriended you
- Make essential is no longer a spell. You can only make Actors essential that are following you
- Raised chance to find gems and salt in ore deposites
- You can smelter ingots from weapons now. This only applies to basic weapons, not enchantet or unique weapons
Shirley BEltran

Post » Mon May 28, 2012 12:45 am

Update for next version 0.4. this will be the biggest changelog since release. Fixed a copple of bugs and added some new features, which probably created new bugs to fix...:

- Removed changes to skill progression in favor of Elys Uncapper Mod. It's highly customizable and it doesn't make sense to have one and the same feature in two mods
- Wooden laddles can now be crafted to branches
- You can sell charcoal to smithers now, just as if you would sell wood to millers like Hod in Riverwood, this is the first step for more jobs in Skyrim Improved, others like fisher, hunter and miner will follow
- Fixed all fortify heal rate potions, food, enhcantments and spells to work like supposed. Removing auto health regen bugged this magic items
- Arrow Shafts and Arrow Utilitys (feathers) can now be crafted at the tanning rack and with your fletching tool
- Fixed lanterns not being smeltable
- You can smelter Iron from forks now
- Fixed Namiras Root, Imp Stool and White Cap mushrooms doesn't have a value. Also fixed human hearts not having any value
- Fixed certain jugs not having any value
- New food recipes: Bread, Skeever Meat Baken, Honey Nut Tread, Grilled Leek, Baken Potatoes
- Ultimatively fixed the auto health regeneration kicking back in after you first talked to Paarthunax and found the Sinderion Spell
- Fixed Eternal Spirit meditation word not regenerating health like supposed
- Athletics skill aka speed progression significantly lowered. Your maximum speed will now be 125% at level 100, 117.5% at level 50 and 100% around level 12-13
- Added feather scrolls and added all feather spells, scrolls, tomes and potions to certain leveled lists and vendors
- Added increase speed scrolls, spell, potions and enchantment. Also added them to certain elveled lsists and vendors
- Added speciall spell to fix the arrow weight bug when getting released from jail, use it only after you served your jail time
- Fixed bug with Sons of Skyrim not having weapons in their inventory, most noticable in Riften
- Golden, Silver and Quicksilver Arrowheads and Arrows now forgeable under category steel instead of misc
- Followers will put away torches and lanterns when you are sneaking...this is a little bit bugged, followers retrieve torches/lanterns even though they not have them in their inventory when previously no torch/lantern was present
- Updated UFO Patch and fixed all missing changes made by booth mods. Now the patch 100% does what it is supposed to
- Fixed one last ownership in Riverwood...no more free soulgem for you...:D
- The quest to retrieve Spider Widow will now only start once you were close to Widow and examined her
- And finally a huge new feature: I've added 66 new Mine ores, namely Salt Ore Deposites throughout Skyrim, most in close vicinity to settlements, with the exception of Eastmarch

I was about to release version 0.4 today, but there's still much to do and fix, so maybe wednesday or friday. I'm still working on the following changes:

- Follower Hotkeys to access inventory and give orders
- Console Hotkeys for TM, TFC, TFC2, QQQ
- Smelter ingots from all armors and draugr weapons
- Craft clothes missed in earlier updates
- Rucksack variants
- More random ambient sounds
- Making moveable statics like bones useable and put them in your inventory...this is a huge plan, and will take some time
- Improve SI textures and sounds
- Adding new jobs like selling wood to guys like Hod
Steven Hardman

Post » Sun May 27, 2012 11:42 pm

Mofakin... you are... a madman...
Lil Miss

Post » Mon May 28, 2012 6:11 am

Mofakin... you are... a madman...

I take that as compliment...:D
Rowena

Post » Sun May 27, 2012 6:46 pm

Version 0.4 is live on the Nexus, will be live on the workshop in some minutes. Final changelog:

- Removed changes to skill progression in favor of Elys Uncapper mod found in the recommended mod section. I do this to tribute Elys efforts, and his mod is far better then mine. This should also remove any bugs you get with the smithing or other skills
- Branches can now be made of wooden laddles
- New jobs: Theese are jobs like selling wood to Hod in Riverwood. You can now sell charcoal to any Blacksmith in Skyrim and Fish(Salmon) to any Innkeeper and/or general store
- Fixed all fortify heal potions to work like supposed to
- Fixed all fortify heal food to work like supposed to
- Fixed all fortify heal enchantments to work like supposed to
- Arrow shafts and utilitys (feathers) can now be crafted with your fletching tool and/or the tanning rack
- Fixed lanterns not being smeltable to iron
- You can semlter iron from forks now
- Fixed mushrooms Namira's Root, Imp Stool, White Cap and the human heart not having any value
- Fixed some jugs not having any value
- New food: Bread, Baken Skeever Meat, Honey Nut Treat, Grilled Leek, Baken Potatoes
- Ultimatively fixed the bug with auto health regeneration kicking back in after you talked to Paarthunax the first time and/or got the Sinderion spell
- Fixed 'Eternal Spirit' not regenerating health like supposed to
- Revamped the athletics skill. Highest speed is now 125% at level 100, 117.5% at level 50 and 100% at level 13
- - Updated UFO Patch and fixed all missing changes made by booth mods. Now the patch 100% does what it is supposed to
- - Fixed one last ownership in Riverwood...no more free soulgem for you... :biggrin:
- Ambient sounds now only play at certain time a day. You won't hear woodcutting sounds around towns in the middle of the night anylonger
- Fixed bug with spider Companion Widow randomly attacking you
Matthew Aaron Evans

Post » Sun May 27, 2012 9:10 pm

I'm ready for another sneak peek for the next update. Another huge amount of fixes...:D

Release maybe tomorrow, Wednesday latest:

- Fixed Spider Sap ingredient doing to much damage health
- Fixed Spider Widow wuest not firing when trying to talk to her
- Fixed all salt ores being depleted and not mineable
- Fixed all restore health/stamina/magicka on ingredients being to high
- You can make charcoal from brooms now
- New food: wheat spirit, wine spirit, added to leveled lists and vendors, can be drunken for a fortifie persuasion effect, or used to disinfect linen wraps to make bandages
- Make clean linen wraps from most common clothes, which can then be used to create bandages
- Added bandages, they heal 100 points instantly. Either make them from clean linen wraps and a bottle of spirit, or dirty linen wraps and 2 botles of spirit
- Fixed ingredient Spider Eye and Spider Tooth having black texture
- Changed some vanilla ingredient to have fortify persuasion, so you can craft persuasion potions more often
- All alcoholic beverages fortify speechcraft now for 60 seconds, this is made with Basic Needs mod in mind, once you drink more then one bottle, the effect is disabled
- Introduced More Interactive Item mod by @JustinOther to the recommended mod list and made a compatibility patch for it. The patch introduces some new recipes, like making bonemeal from bone, and dwemer ingots from the new items added by the More Interactive Items mod
- Increased value of hide, pelts and tusks in order to make the hunt worthwhile...yes, I'm listening to user wishes, though there are some pelts now that have higher values then their armor counterpart...:D
- You can smelter iron from basic knifes now
- You can smelter dwarven ingots from all vanilla dwarven miscs now
- You can smelter steel ingots from all basic draugr weapons now
- You can smelter various material ingots from all basic armor now
- Added map markers to all salt ores
- Revamped the whole Skyrim Improved atrter script. You can now rejoice. You are no longer stuck with choosing your path only once.
- Fixed all spells, abillitys and powers to no longer show race specific properties in their description
- Fixed Khajit and Vampire Night Eye description to show it's toggleable
- Added a patch to remove ambient sounds added by Skyrim Improved
- I've managed to contact @DragonBoon. He allowed me to incooperate his LiHud+Map mod into Skyrim Improved. This is completely optional, as this mod runs only on resolution 1680x1050
- Added a compatibility patch for Basic Needs
- Updated Real Wildlife patch

Still in works:

- Crafting clothes
- More ambient sounds
- Rucksack variants
- Slow Time Spells
- Improve SI textures, sounds and voices
- Follower Hotkeys
- Torch Hotkey
- Hotkeys for some console commands
- What should I do with baskets? They are the only misc item I can't decide what to craft out of them...charcoal?, branches?, wooden chips(new ingredient)?
- Adding map markers to all ores throughout Skyrim
QuinDINGDONGcey

Post » Sun May 27, 2012 7:10 pm

I have a few of questions about you mod.

1) Will this only work 100% with a new game? If I start using it with an existing save, will changes like the removal of starting spells and carryweight apply retroactively?

2) Are all of the features optional, or only the ones which you have explicity stated can be chosen at startup?

3) If I use it for a while or uninstall it, will there be any lingering repercussions on my game? I.e., will my stats/spells go back to normal, things like that?

Sorry for the barrage. I'm fairly conservative with mod use and I like to know what I'm getting myself into. ^_^
Ron

Post » Mon May 28, 2012 7:52 am

I have a few of questions about you mod.

1) Will this only work 100% with a new game? If I start using it with an existing save, will changes like the removal of starting spells and carryweight apply retroactively?

2) Are all of the features optional, or only the ones which you have explicity stated can be chosen at startup?

3) If I use it for a while or uninstall it, will there be any lingering repercussions on my game? I.e., will my stats/spells go back to normal, things like that?

Sorry for the barrage. I'm fairly conservative with mod use and I like to know what I'm getting myself into. :happy:

1. It will. The script will fire when stage 97 of MQ101 is done. The only reason I know of when it doesn't work, is when you are using the Life another Life mod, but there's a patch for this in the downloadpackage.
2. Not all features are optional, only thoose explicity stated in the readme. This includes: Carryweight, Reset stats and skills, Turn off health regen and lower stamina/mana regen, choose spells, abilitys and power.
3. In case you wanna uninstall, do a clean save without Skyrim Improved and all its patches activated. This should leave no trace in your savegames. But I can't promise, since I'm still in BETA development. You could 'startquest SI_SkyrimImprovedStarterQuest' in order to reset all of your settings.

The mod is primarly made for the start of a new game. As of version 0.5 you will find yourself with stats set to 15 on an existing savegame. I do not recommend using this on an existing character once the version 0.5 is released. There will be problems with your skills and stats if you do so, because the starter script is set up to reset the skills to 15. You could manually fix this with the console if you really want to use it on an existing character. If you previously started a new game with Skyrim Improved, your savegame won't be affected, because in your savegame, stage 97 of MQ101 is already fired.

I'm aiming to make this mod compatible with existing savegames once the mod is out of BETA.
Latino HeaT

Post » Mon May 28, 2012 5:54 am

Thanks for the info! I really like a lot of this stuff. Adding you to my watch list, will grab when I'm ready to dig in and play again. :D
Je suis

Post » Sun May 27, 2012 7:21 pm

Thanks for the info! I really like a lot of this stuff. Adding you to my watch list, will grab when I'm ready to dig in and play again. :biggrin:

I assume it will take me another 4 weeks to get this mod out of BETA, unless I'm getting a huge amount of new ideas...:D
Chris Guerin

Post » Sun May 27, 2012 9:47 pm

Given any thought to splitting bits off into modular plugins? Like, separate ones for companions, crafting, combat, leveling, etc? That will probably make the mod more accessible to a lot of people. It is often a bit scary to have changes to so many types of things rolled into one plugin.
carrie roche

Post » Mon May 28, 2012 9:07 am

do you think resistances to magic/elements could be overhauled in some way?
celebrity

Post » Sun May 27, 2012 10:29 pm

Given any thought to splitting bits off into modular plugins? Like, separate ones for companions, crafting, combat, leveling, etc? That will probably make the mod more accessible to a lot of people. It is often a bit scary to have changes to so many types of things rolled into one plugin.

I'm not planing on a modular version. The package comes as is. Depending on feedback of users, I'm going to make patches for the core file to change what people most want. The companions, crafting and combat is deep within the core file, so I'm probably not going to make it modular, unless people really urge for it. The changes to crafting and recipes took more then 90% of the time I've invested into this mod, so the chance to modular this, is = =%.

do you think resistances to magic/elements could be overhauled in some way?

Get more in detail what exactly you want, and I'll see if I can do it. Changing 'resistance to magic/elements' sounds to imprecise.

Guys, I'm cut off my Internet from today 12:00 central Europe time unti lFriday or Saturday. So the release of version 5 is postboned until then.
Peter P Canning

Post » Mon May 28, 2012 4:02 am

I mean an overhaul in spirit of your work: resistances that do not stack with each other, raising the cap to 100%.
Devils Cheek

Post » Mon May 28, 2012 12:02 am

First, let me tell you I really enjoy your mod, it makes Skyrim a lot more challenging and interesting. I'll have to browse all my mods to check if some are not needed anymore.
Now, some questions and feature suggestion, I already put on the other forum but you asked to put this here instead...

[Followers]

Perhaps you should remove the training part of NPC who can be followers as well. As with training (and as you remove the 5 points per level limit) this is just a matter of having enough money for 1 skill point, and we just have to then take our money back from the follower. Or perhaps if this is doable you can make so that the money we give to the follower will not be in his inventory, but lost forever, to prevent exploiting the system.

Perhaps an upkeep cost for followers could add to strategy as well, so we can have 15 followers but it would cost money, or food, or a % of the loot, or anything, dunno... as it is know once we find 15 followers we can just walk around with our small army

[Training]

Would be fine to me to add training time, let's say for instance that using a trainer to train 1 point or something could cost 1 hour game time (or more, will have to check what could be a good time) so you cannot train from 1 to 50 in a skill in a matter of seconds. This is good to go along with mods like eat/drink/sleep thing...

[Crafting]

Making fletching knives to be able to craft arrows on the field is good, but... perhaps it is a bug or not but we use this knife even if we craft nothing. It often happened I used the knife and see I have not enough materials to make anything, but the knife is still lost. Sure I can fix that by saving before using the knife. But if possible would be good to use the knife only if we craft something.

This mod is toward a harder skyrim, but by making portable barrels we can put anywhere to put our belongings in, and more important, magical barrels so all barrels are interconnected, isn't it a path toward and easier gameplay? Barrels ok, so put our stuff we cannot carry around, but perhaps they shouldn't be magically interconnected, and perhaps (if possible) we can imagine having to pay a fee for a barrel to be moved from one place to the other. Oh and why not craftable chests as well instead of barrels? It seems even more logical to have a secured chest (as we can lock it with a key) than a barrel.

[Gameplay]

Running and stamina - for an even more realistic skyrim we could imagine that running around costs stamina, not as many as sprinting, but a bit though, so we cannot run around for hours without being exhausted. If possible we could even imagine this is not a nothing or all thing, I mean if you're full stamina you can run faster than with half stamina.

[Recommended mods]

Total Realism - Basic Needs : any reason why put this one instead of IMP - More complex needs? This is just a question, I do not say one is better than the other, just wanted to know the reasons of this choice.

[Misc questions]

You say traveling is 5 times more expensive. Now, going from Solitude to Whiterun costs 20 gold. Seems cheap to me. Does it mean it costed 4 golds before?
Are salt ores glowing like other, with glowing ore mod enabled?
Before I used the Duel - Combat Realism mod. Is your mod as harsh than this one when it comes to close fight? Or even harder?
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=2700

Good luck with this wonderful mod.
gary lee

Post » Sun May 27, 2012 7:59 pm

I mean an overhaul in spirit of your work: resistances that do not stack with each other, raising the cap to 100%.

Sorry for acting so dumb, but I still don't get it. Vanilla resistances that don't stack on on each other. Potion based? Spell based? Which cap? The level Caps? The skill caps? The resistance caps? Please be more specific.

First, let me tell you I really enjoy your mod, it makes Skyrim a lot more challenging and interesting. I'll have to browse all my mods to check if some are not needed anymore.
Now, some questions and feature suggestion, I already put on the other forum but you asked to put this here instead...

Thanks a lot for the praise friend, this is very appreciated. Answering questions on the nexus is far more difficult then over here, because I have to switch between downloadbase and forum.

[Followers]

Perhaps you should remove the training part of NPC who can be followers as well. As with training (and as you remove the 5 points per level limit) this is just a matter of having enough money for 1 skill point, and we just have to then take our money back from the follower. Or perhaps if this is doable you can make so that the money we give to the follower will not be in his inventory, but lost forever, to prevent exploiting the system.

I've listened to your input. This will be fixed in version 5. Training cost has been raised to 1.000 at novice level and you can only train 3 times per level. About using the vanilla exploit, there's not much I can do. Put I shall try so in future.

Perhaps an upkeep cost for followers could add to strategy as well, so we can have 15 followers but it would cost money, or food, or a % of the loot, or anything, dunno... as it is know once we find 15 followers we can just walk around with our small army

[Training]

Would be fine to me to add training time, let's say for instance that using a trainer to train 1 point or something could cost 1 hour game time (or more, will have to check what could be a good time) so you cannot train from 1 to 50 in a skill in a matter of seconds. This is good to go along with mods like eat/drink/sleep thing...

Agreed. I'll se what I can do.

[Crafting]

Making fletching knives to be able to craft arrows on the field is good, but... perhaps it is a bug or not but we use this knife even if we craft nothing. It often happened I used the knife and see I have not enough materials to make anything, but the knife is still lost. Sure I can fix that by saving before using the knife. But if possible would be good to use the knife only if we craft something.

It's not a bug, it's a feature to prevent exploits. You can craft as long as the inventory is open. So make up your mind about what and when to craft it. You can still let a follower carry 'your burdens'...;)

This mod is toward a harder skyrim, but by making portable barrels we can put anywhere to put our belongings in, and more important, magical barrels so all barrels are interconnected, isn't it a path toward and easier gameplay? Barrels ok, so put our stuff we cannot carry around, but perhaps they shouldn't be magically interconnected, and perhaps (if possible) we can imagine having to pay a fee for a barrel to be moved from one place to the other. Oh and why not craftable chests as well instead of barrels? It seems even more logical to have a secured chest (as we can lock it with a key) than a barrel.

Read the readme. It clearly states that Skyrim Improved is not only trying to improve difficulty, but also to cut off nuisances. And one of the greatest nuisances to me in vanilla skyrim was notbeing able to have one central place to put my stuff in. I agree however that it is much of an exploit like that. I'm listening to your input, but since this feature is still in development, it will take some more time to iron out the bugs. Remember that I'm the only one working on this huge project.

[Gameplay]

Running and stamina - for an even more realistic skyrim we could imagine that running around costs stamina, not as many as sprinting, but a bit though, so we cannot run around for hours without being exhausted. If possible we could even imagine this is not a nothing or all thing, I mean if you're full stamina you can run faster than with half stamina.

I've had that question in Oblivion already. I've installed a real encvumbrance and stamina mod, with the result that I got completely annoyed of it, because I was permanently in a state of being like overencumbered. So no, this will never be changed. I could do a patch for this however.

[Recommended mods]

Total Realism - Basic Needs : any reason why put this one instead of IMP - More complex needs? This is just a question, I do not say one is better than the other, just wanted to know the reasons of this choice.

Personal preference...;) I just like it more. It's simple yet complex enough to fullfill my needs.

[Misc questions]

You say traveling is 5 times more expensive. Now, going from Solitude to Whiterun costs 20 gold. Seems cheap to me. Does it mean it costed 4 golds before? Has been fixed for version 5.
Are salt ores glowing like other, with glowing ore mod enabled? They are silver ores just filled with salt, so yeah, I assume they'll glow.
Before I used the Duel - Combat Realism mod. Is your mod as harsh than this one when it comes to close fight? Or even harder? I don't know, I don't use it.
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=2700

Good luck with this wonderful mod.
Robert Devlin

Post » Mon May 28, 2012 3:23 am

I mean resistances given by magic, capped at around 80%, also of the permanent sort (actual abilities). I wonder if the cap can be raised to 100%, and if they are meant to stack with each other or if they can be calculated separatedly: magic resistace always stacks with fire, frost or shock resistance, just to clarify, while spell absortipon does not (luckily)
Louise Andrew

Next

Return to V - Skyrim