Some UI CompatibilityD Assistance

Post » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:21 pm

Hey guys -

I've got a very stable, modded installation of New Vegas with approx. 100+ hours of gameplay and no major issues ( a la losing MCM or jacking up the graphics because of faulty installation methods). Its really been great, everything works nicely together and the game is almost exactly how I want it. Now I'm using a few UI mods,

-oneHud( Immersive, Adjustable and Expanded HUD)

-User Interface Organizer

-Unified HUD Project

-oneHUD/DarnUI patch

These worked perfectly together and along with MTUI I was fully satisfied with a HUD that allowed me to hide the hud for screenshots without having to enter the console, and gave me a much more engaging view of the game world. However, I needed DarnUI for the font size and improved usability for things like inventory management,trading, crafting etc. Now I've attempted to install these multiple UI mods for maximum compatibility using two different versions of DarnUI and had the following results...

DarnUI 1.7 - Immersive HUD continues to function as expected, hiding the default UI elements based on the selected preference of weapon out, in combat, etc. However, the compass is essentially invisible meaning the bracket for the HUD element appears, but the compass and all its markers are nonexistent. Rendering the game exceedingly difficult.

and

DarnUI 2.7 (or the most recent version) - In which the compass displays properly, however none of the default ui elements, ie. (HP, AP, Compass and Weapon CND and AMMO) do not respond to the Immersive HUD functions. Only the Additional HUD elements respond to the hotkey which is intended to hide these elements.

I would like to be able to see my compass and have it hidden by the immersive HUD, however with either of these versions I'm only getting one of the intended features. I have tried to install in the proper sequence and even using the install last function of Wrye Bash to ensure proper install order is maintained, however this still produces the result of the invisible compass or the permanent ui display. if anyone has a way to get this working properly I would greatly appreciate it!

meg knight

Post » Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:59 pm

Whelp I fell like a fool, despite downloading DarnUI at least 5 times from what i thought was the same source, I was actually being directed to a forum thread for and outdated version of the mod. It wasnt until i did a google search specifically for DarnUI version 4 did I find the correct download link which cleared up the issues I was having. After installing the proper version of DarnUI, Immersive HUD and the compass are once again working perfectly. My apologies for my stupidity, I hope this thread helps someone with similar issues in the future.

Victoria Vasileva

Return to Fallout: New Vegas