A Story of the Commonwealth: OOC Thread 2

Post » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:06 am

A Story of the Commonwealth

The year is 2287 and the Commonwealth is a dangerous place. Though scant years ago a promising alliance had formed, uniting the many small settlements, today those settlements and the unfortunates who call themselves settlers are but oases in a vast and deadly wasteland. From all angles they are beset by all manner of hostile life. Animal, mutant, mechanical, and, perhaps most dangerous, human. All societies must protect themselves to flourish, so it is and so it has always been because man, man never changes.

Your Involvement

Spoiler

We begin in and about the settlement of Sanctuary. Perhaps you are a vault dweller, as rumor has it one or more have been seen coming from Vault 111, perhaps your settlement has been overrun, escaped slave, synth, under cover raider? It is difficult to tell. You never know who you can trust these days. You're certainly no Brotherhood soldier, given your lack of Power Armor. Can't be Institute, given that you're not hunkered down in your bunker, wherever the hell that is. Can't be a Synth...you're not a Synth are you? Ahh but that's just what a Synth WOULD say. I've got my eye on you stranger.

Whoever, and whatever, you are, there's not much out here for the taking. You want a safe place to lay your head? You want to make a change, even a minute one, to this wasteland? I have nothing to give you, but you're gonna need some friends. It's not safe to go alone. So then, tell me, just who are you?

My Involvement

Spoiler

For this RP I will be the GM, that is Game Master. Here are the three basic roles of a GM.

GM's are not required to do math, its in the Constitution.

• Author

• Director

• Referee

• Manager

In this instance, and in most RPs here, I'm not really the author, you all are. I'll do a bit of directing in the form of throwing encounters at you from time to time and Refereeing, if and when disputes arise. For the most part I'll RP as a character in one of the settlements and occasionally RP as a raider or trader or what-have-you. If this RP makes it to a full on Settlement, Faction, or Nation RP things will likely change.

Three Simple Rules

Spoiler

1. No Ubering or God-Modding or Character Controlling or Meta-Gaming, Just No

Spoiler

Your character is not the Vault Dweller/Chosen One/Warrior/Lone Wanderer/Courier/Sole Survivor.

Your character IS not so good at anything, let alone everything, that he/she doesn't need help. If you begin to venture into this territory a GM will let you know by PM, that'd be me. This shouldn't be an issue as long as there's give and take. Even a very Intelligent character doesn't know everything. Character Controlling and Meta-Gaming are more difficult to define, but if you feel like something you or someone else is doing is a little sketchy you're probably seeing one or the other. Essentially your freedom ends where it constricts another player's freedom.

2. Help Out the GM, Make Him Obsolete.

Spoiler

Like the old posters said, "If you see something, say something," but then also "Loose lips sink ships."

So if you have a problem with something someone does try to work it out with them. If you just can't come to an agreement let me know. It's preferable to settle everything via PM, don't clog up the OOC with arguments, but if it comes down to it send me a PM.

3. Be a Pal, Put Effort Into Your Posts

Spoiler

Everyone makes mistakes and that's fine, but if you don't have the time to think out a good response of at least a few paragraphs, please just refrain from posting until you do. If you do have the time to think out a good response, please, present it in the best manner possible. Use spell check, read through it once before posting, read through it again after posting. From time to time everyone makes mistakes or just has time enough for a quick short post, just please don't make a habit of it. I edit my stuff a million times to fix grammatical and spelling errors, and I still miss stuff.

Map

Spoiler

http://imgur.com/XsybahR

Players and Characters

Spoiler

Player Name Character Name

------------------------------

Agrona Courtney "Cici" Cooper

Spoiler

Name: Courtney Cooper (Cici)

Race: Human/Caucasian

Height: 5’11”

Build: slender build

Hair Color: Red

Hair Style: Shaved on both sides and the rest in a ponytail

Skin Color: tanned

Eye Color: Green

Clothing: Road Leathers and combat boots with shadowed leather arm and leg pieces.

Inventory:

Stuff in a green ballistic ammo bag

a pack of smokes and a flip lighter

Colonel Martyr Martin Ruriksson

Spoiler

Name: Martin Ruriksson

Race: Caucasian/Ghoul

Height: 5'8 bordering on 5'9

Build: Average build with slight toning, but nothing notable.

Hair Color: Brown (What's left of it.)

Hair Style: Combed back with patches missing of his hair.

Skin Color: Formerly white

Eye Color: Formerly blue (now murky like most ghouls)

Crazy Ewok Jayson Venner

Spoiler

Name: Jayson Venner

Race: Asian / Caucasian

Height: 5'9”

Build: Stocky

Hair Color: Black

Hair Style: Ronin

Skin Color: Tan

Eye Color: Blue

Facial Hair Style: None

Belongings: A .38 automatic pipe pistol, trench knife w/ round knuckle guard, khaki cargo pants w/ medical brace over the right leg, worn blue button up shirt, stained gray cotton trenchcoat, beige trilby hat, black rim eyeglasses, large filled green canvas backpack w/ bedroll on bottom & water canteen and bottle of bourbon on side pouches

Crazy Ewok Arthur

Spoiler

Name: Arthur

Race: Protectron w/ Mister Handy software

Height: 5'6"

Build: According to company standards

Skin Color: Burnished blue shell, white coloring at the joints

Eye Color: Green optic sensors behind the transparent faceplate

Belongings: 2 Built-in arm mounted lasers, leather harness to hitch to a wagon, flatbed wagon loaded w/ footlockers

DG_Nacho Shane Crowell

Spoiler

Name: Shawn Crowell

Race: Human

Height: 5’11

Build: Very fit

MINUS ALL GEAR (grenades, weapons, patches on clothes, etc.)

Belongings: small backpack, 1 bottle of water, 1 bottle of whiskey, gas mask, combat knife, drawing of home

Fisheye98 Alex Lantry

Spoiler

Name: Alex Lantry

Race: Caucasian

Height: 5'9

Build: Slim, almost to the point of appearing unhealthy

Hair Color: Dark Brown

Hair Style: Shoulder-length and straight

Skin Color: Pale, starting to appear sun-burnt

Eye Color: Dark Blue

Facial Hair Style: None

Facial Hair Color: None

Lt. Andronicus Robert Elmsley

Spoiler

Name: Robert Elmsley

Height: 6'1

Build: Average, the wasteland tends to keep one fit and trim.

Hair Color: Dark Brown

Hair Style: Scruffy and Unkempt.

Skin Color: White, but pock-marked with dirt and grime, and tanned from the wasteland sun.

Eye Color: Brown

Facial Hair Style: A full, unkempt beard.

Belongings: Farmhand clothes, a hardhat, a pipe revolver, a toolbox, and a pack of cigarettes

Lt. Andronicus Dorothy Elmsley

Spoiler

Name: Dorothy Elmsley

Height: 5-4

Build: Petite

Hair Color: Red

Hair Style: Long and typically unkempt. Wasteland-style.

Skin Color: "Wastelander," often she appears sun-burnt due to her light complexion. Her face is covered in freckles.

Eye Color: Hazel

Belongings: A Ratty Skirt, a common Hunting Rifle, and a few miscellaneous odds and ends

Magus the Red Malcolm Grant

Spoiler

Name: Malcolm Grant

Height: 5ft 11inches

Build: Thin, but slightly muscled(Though the muscles are fading owing to lack of nourishment and whatnot)

Hair Color: Black, with greying.

Hair Style: I'm going to be lazy and say this.

Skin Color: Tanned and Weatherbeaten.

Eye Color: Hazel.

Facial Hair Style: Stubble, hasn't shaved in around two weeks.

Belongings: Green Shirt and Combat Boots, Brown greatcoat, Mining Helmet, Army Haversack and khaki messenger bag, Medical kit, Combat knife, open razor and a Laser Pistol(Down to it's last Energy cell). And the usual water and food.

Mr.SmileySmile Buford Tannen

Spoiler

Name: Buford Tannen

Race: Wasteland Mutt

Height: 6'1

Build: Little Bit Heavy

Hair Color: Brown

Hair Style: Buzzed

Skin Color: Tanned and Burnt

Facial Hair Style: Long Mustache

Belongings: A .308 Pipe Repeater Rifle, a length of Rebar, a mostly empty backpack, jeans, a green and black flannel shirt, tan jacket, and a sleeping bag.

Mr.SmileySmile Emily Tannen

Spoiler

Name: Emily Tannen

Race: Wasteland Mutt

Height: 4'2

Build: Thin

Hair Style: Messy

Skin Color: Tanned and Burnt

Belongings: An old doll, a .38 Pipe Repeater Pistol, a backpack, a reddish brown jacket, and a sleeping bag

Paladin Lewis John Cooper

Spoiler

Name: John Cooper

Height: 6’2

Build: Average Build, scarred left eye (seemlying from an energy weapon) and Hands (seemlying from a gunshot)

Hair Style: Scruffy Clean Cut

Skin Color: Light Tan

Eye Color: Hazel

Facial Hair Style: Unshaven

Belongings: .44 Magnum and a few rounds, a broken Pip Boy, a length of rope, brown leather jacket, blue flannel shirt, faded jeans, socks and boots

Prizrak232 Laura "Jackal" Arlington

Spoiler

Name: Laura "Jackal" Arlington

Height: 5' 11”

Build: A thin petite build.

Hair Color: Silver

Hair Style: Wendy the Welder

Skin Color: Pale white

Eye Color: Silver

Belongings: Gunner harness worn underneath a dark blue air force officers trench coat. Black military combat boots, eyeglasses, her dog tags, and a dark blue air-force officers beret. She carries most of her gear in a dark gray military sea bag and a green satchel. Most of her gear contains a first aid kit, technological scrap, assorted food and water. 7 fully loaded 30 round .308 magazines for her rifle, as well as roughly 100 rounds of loose .308 rounds. Her primary weapon is a .308 Chinese Assault rifle, with a reflex sight, fore grip, and flash suppressor. When not in use she wears in on a sling over her shoulder. She also has a custom pip boy that she stripped out of it's casing, and now wears it on a cable connected to her belt instead of on her wrist.

Sacredless Naval Santiago

Spoiler

Name: Naval Santiago

Height: 5'8''

Build: Athletic

Hair Color: Jet Black

Hair Style: 9 to 5 / Waster

Skin Color: Olive

Facial Hair Style: Goatee & Stubble

Belongings: A Bi-Fold Chinese Officer's Sword, a Military Cap, Dirty Black Suit, a Tire Iron, a Pip Rifle, and Pocketed Leather Chest Armor

Sacredless Ellie Lane

Spoiler

Name: Ellie Laine

Height: 5'6''

Build: Frail from a sheltered, then impoverish lifestyle with little exercise

Hair Color: Brunette

Hair Style: Summa C. Laude

Skin Color: White

Belongings: Fatigues, Summer Shorts, Low Range Portable Radio Transmission Set, Snubnosed .44 Pistol

Sacredless Africa Sanders

Spoiler

Name: Africa Sanders

Height: 5'2''

Build: Swimmer

Hair Style: An outgrown bobcut, remarkably clean.

Skin Color: Honey Brown

Belongings: Winter Jacket, Flacon of Irradiated Water and a Shiv

Tundrafrog Helen

Spoiler

Name: Helen

Height: 5'9"

Build: Helen has a slight but strong build.

Hair Style: Slightly past her shoulder and curly, she keeps it braided or tied back most of the time.

Skin color: Wasteland brown

Belongings: She wears a black, tattered and hooded robe over a few loose rags and long johns. Helen wears worn boots and a knap-sack and satchel.

TheLoneRanger Harrison Cole

Spoiler

Name: Harrison Cole

Race: Human, Caucasian

Height: 6'0

Build: Cole’s physique is one of a man that has spent his years working for what little he has. His build is likely average for those that must live by the sweat of their brow, as such he has a small bit of bulk to him, wiry, lean muscle. However, the scarcity of suitable foods has left him looking rather malnourished. Coarse, dark brown hair sits atop his head, matching his unkempt, overgrown beard. Blue eyes peer out, a scarred nose between them, and a scowl etched into his face.

Belongings:

• A small bag of caps

• A lighter

• A hunting rifle

• Twenty-eight .308 rounds

• A crowbar

• A gray knit cap

• A brown and gold flannel shirt

• Blue jeans

• A leather armor pauldron

• A bandolier

Vatrou Bufftats

Spoiler

Name: Bufftats

Height: 6ft tends to slouch so he seems a tad shorter.

Build: Though he looks scrawny most of his body well toned.

Hair Color: Blue

Hair Style: Has a combed over mohawk that lays towards the right of his skull.

Skin Color: Tanned and filthy

Eye Color: Green

Facial Hair Style: Clean Shaven

Belongings: Raider leathers, a baseball bat and a pipe pistol. Everything else would appear to be in a worn duffel bag.

How to Make Character Sheets

Spoiler

Please prepare two Character Sheets for each and every character, and please note that having more than one character is probably a good idea. One Simple Character Sheet and one Complete Character Sheet, per character. The Simple Character Sheet should be posted here while the Complete Character Sheet should not be posted here and instead should be PM'd to me.

Don't worry too much if you only have time for the Simple one right now, just make sure you get me the full one before you start posting in-character.

The Simple Character Sheet is so that everyone knows just what they would know about your character from seeing them on the street, at least to start with. This way our characters, and us ourselves, can get to know other characters organically. Should be much better than our characters ostensibly knowing nothing about each other while we ourselves know each character's strengths, weakness, fears, and favorite color. I enjoy eggshell white and moonlit walks on the beach, in the nvde.

The Complete Character Sheet is so that the GM, me in this case, can make sure your character is balanced. Not likely to be necessary but every once in a while someone or other wants to make a super soldier and in this RP in particular that would quite quickly throw the balance all out of whack. Not many want to RP as a normal settler working to cement himself when Double Lieutenant Billy B. Badass (the B stands for Bad Ass) comes to town.

(Also it can help the GM, me again, to figure out how to make sure there's something for everyone to do)

Simple Character Sheet

Spoiler

Name:

Race:

Height:

Build:

Hair Color:

Hair Style:

Skin Color:

Eye Color:

Facial Hair Style:

Facial Hair Color: (If different from Hair Color)

Complete Character Sheet

Spoiler

Name:

Race:

Height:

Build:

Hair Color:

Hair Style:

Skin Color:

Eye Color:

Facial Hair Style:

Facial Hair Color: (If different from Hair Color)

Strengths: Try to reflect these as the story goes on

Weaknesses: Make sure to reflect these as the story goes on

Personality:

Background:

Belongings: Keep things simple, you wouldn't be a settler if you owned a full set of Combat Armor and an Auto-Shotgun

Destinyscharm

Post » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:03 am

I was going to edit my last post to get a reply in to William, when I realized I somehow didn't post it. Had it all typed up. Could have sworn I clicked the Post button, didn't do it. Weak.

Robert Jr

Post » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:42 am

Done that before. Always svcks. Well hopefully one of these other fellows can help William out, or stick a gun in his face. At this point I think P.A.M would insist on it being the latter. :P

KiiSsez jdgaf Benzler

Post » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:04 am

Anyone planning on getting a post up shortly? If not I'll get another one up, probably be a little short, but still.

Big mike

Post » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:23 am

Smiley you might wanna check the links in the OP, some seem to be broken.

Multi Multi

Post » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:02 am

What links?

I checked all the Spoilers and the one link to the map and they all worked for me.
Emily abigail Villarreal

Post » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:35 pm

It's all working fine for me as well.

Who was Bufftats referring to as Princess?

u gone see

Post » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:20 pm

For example DG_Nacho's character Shane Crowell, his appearance link is broken. There might be others among the characters, I found that links don't quote over well at all.

Shane. Since he went on a ranting spree.

Lauren Dale

Post » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:47 pm

Ah, cool.

True, that link isn't working for me either. It looks weird though, so it might be something to do with the link itself?

Courtney Foren

Post » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:38 pm

Must have copied it as just text rather than the abbreviated link. I'll fix it later today.
Sammygirl

Post » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:19 pm

Hey Nacho, Cole couldn't really have been there to hear what Shawn said since Cole had already stormed off in a huff, leaving for the woods.

Timara White

Post » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:21 pm

@Long Walke: Hey, didn't realize that William was talking to Arthur there. Ima get on it right away, probably put something up later tonight.

Sammi Jones

Return to Fallout Series Discussion