Such A Dilemma! [The Pitt]

Post » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:15 am

Currently, I'm in Ashur's place. I've done this DLC before and twice sided with Wehrner. I was contemplating siding with Ashur this time around. Talking with Ashur and Sandra (Marie's Mother), it is hard to take "the cure" and deliver it to the slaves. Yet what will change if I do not?

I can not get into any "deep dialogues" with anyone involved: Ashur, Sandra, Wehrner, or the slave's Doctor. I am not presented with a "compromise." Will slaves still be slaves? Will ruffians still be ruffians? Will Ashur still hold all the power when the cure is found?

I guess this is a case of "choose a side and fight your way out." This seems rather common in Bethesda games. This is what makes these less of an RPG and more of an action adventure game. Violence is the only choice in far too many activities.

And the terrible part of it all is... I am really feeling this dilemma! I am anxious about any decision I make. I have doubts and most assuredly have reservations about both choices. I find this exciting, fun, and frustrating. I wish I could drop that last one. I'm a "violence as a last resort" kind of guy. But when violence is called for, I partake willingly :)

AH! The dilemma!

Which ways have you taken in this DLC? Always with one side? Tried them both? Avoided the DLC altogether?

glot

Post » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:01 am

I've always sided with Ashur. Werhner is a distrustful, lying, little weasel for starters.

No way in hell I'm handing over Marie to that sleazeball. The slaves can just remain slaves and Lord Ashur will reign until Marie takes his place.

Alyna

Post » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:56 am

Yea, I'm not too happy about Werhner, either. He seems to not have the best interest of Marie foremost in his head. And I agree he is a sleezeball. But with Ashur, The Pitt will not change.

Of course, there is no guarantee that "Wehrner's World" will be any better.

The scales keep balancing! Dagnabbot! :D

xemmybx

Post » Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:40 am

Well, I had tried them both. First I sided with Werhner, due to the slavery thing, but when I saw how careless they were with the baby and in what kind of dumb they took her, I was like oh no, next time she will stay with her mom and paps, and they can continue to work on a real cure. LOL

So, should I ever play that DLC again, I would again side with Ashur.

rolanda h

Post » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:54 am

Because Werhner's motivations were never about freedom-fighting. He just wants to usurp power from Ashur, using the freed slaves as his new power base. Only now he's flooded half the city with Trogs.

At best he'll become a local warlord, and will probably revert to slavery in time himself to keep the Pitt's ammo presses churning. At worst, he just wants to watch the Pitt burn.

And then of course, there's the matter of probably hurting Marie throughout her life to get back at Ashur. Its pretty clear he hates her already.

In Ashur's lifetime? Probably not.

But he appears to be setting it up so that when Marie succeeds him, she rules over a slaveless Pitt. A fresh start in other words, since she can be a figure that both the raiders will follow (as the God-King's only daughter) and the slaves can look to for salvation (as the liberator and the curer of TDC).

Shelby McDonald

Post » Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:37 am

He never ended slavery even in the game, I can't remember what he says but it's some "justification" for keeping all the people working.

But yeah. Werhner svcks, obvious power-ploy at the cost of half the reclaimed area. That and Ashur actually does seem to have decent intentions. Maybe it's because I'm the type of guy who likes the Enclave but sometimes the world svcks and some hardship is needed to make it better.

John N

Post » Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:16 pm

My character usually takes Marie to Wernher, only to have second thoughts because of the way he acts/talks. I then make him leave or kill him and take Marie back to her parents.

YO MAma

Post » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:24 pm

After reading through all these fine posts, I restarted The Pitt. Originally, I sided with Werhner again. You fine folks helped me decide to give Ashur a shot. Thank you, all!

He does say that after the cure is found (no timeline given), they will no longer "need" slaves as they will be able to reproduce normally again. He does have a vision for The Pitt to rise as a "functioning city" and will keep the workers pressing ammo.

Overall, I felt much better siding with Maria's parents instead of the quite shady Werhner :)

A Lo RIkIton'ton

Return to Fallout 3