Tell me about your character

Post » Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:40 am

Hello, my name is Alice. I am a level 8 Nord warrior, I have also been recntly bit by a vampire. I recently closed the gates of Obilivion and entered the Shivering isles. I am currently trying to become the Dutches of Dementia.

D LOpez

Post » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:24 pm

Hello and welcome! :)

Sounds like your character's been quite busy and the Isles is a fun place indeed. Going by the headline of this thread you can read a short summary about my character on my profile where you can also find a link to his Bethesda wiki page :)

Bee Baby

Post » Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:07 am

Thank you!
Naughty not Nice

Post » Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:39 am

Greetings!

Like several other long-time Oblivion diehards here, my avatar has a substantial record of accomplishments (or lack thereof) behind him. At this stage of his career he is comfortably past the Crisis and other Nirn-shaking events and spends almost the whole of his existence in service to the Empire, constantly patrolling its major roadways and collecting taxes-due. While on these excursions he oft delivers merchandise for several business concerns, and owns Champion's Second-Hand Sales & Service Shoppe ("Buy from the name you know and trust!") in Chorrol. He calls Weye Manor home (and owns properties elsewhere), sharing it with his ward and almost constant companion (a purely platonic relationship I assure you), their wolf and of course the house staff. He prefers three square meals a day when he can fit them into the gang's busy schedule, and tries for a solid eight hours sleep per night, though this isn't always possible. (He also enjoys evening swims in Lake Rumare with his ward, time and circumstances permitting as it too often isn't.)

Possibly the best way to get a feel for my avatar and his companions during the performance of their mundane daily activities is to view the four-episode Youtube chronicle of one of their countless patrols of the Silver to Bruma linked in my signature. Be aware that I'm not overly happy with episode one, it being my first attempt at producing video. Episode two okay but nothing special. I'm rather pleased with episodes three and four.

Vahpie

Post » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:39 am

I′m re-watching episode three now and judging by your character's actions, calling him decrepit is quite far from the truth I'd say :laugh:

Matthew Warren

Post » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:40 am

Welcome to the forums! As is customary on these forums for newcomers, a fishy stick is bequeathed to you: http://en.uesp.net/w/images/c/c4/Fishystick.jpg

Say, did you see a mudcrab the other day? Also, have you heard of the High Elves?

willow

Post » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:28 am

Wiki page for a character? Is that a thing I haven't heard of? :P

And welcome to the forums prettyinink.

Dan Stevens

Post » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:50 am

I have two characters. One is an Imperial named Lucius Varus. He is a level 3 battlemage doing the main quest, and is also a member of the Mages Guild and Fighters Guild. He is a lawful good character and I'm planning on doing the KOTN dlc with him. My second character is a level 1 Dunmer assassin, and after he left the Imperial prison, he left to Bravil to pack up some things (since he is hunted by the Dark Brotherhood.) He stayed at the local inn for a night, and in the morning heard of a mysterious door that had opened nearby. Looking for a way off Cyrodiil he went to investigate and has been in the Shivering Isles since then. Not knowing what was on the other side. All he new it couldn't be worse than being punished by the Dark Brotherhood. He is lawful evil and is doing some quests for Sheogorath.

Ricky Rayner

Post » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:41 am

My current character is named Prisoner. I know that because it's what they called him at the beginning of the game. He is a Mage as are all my favorite characters except for Severus Snape who was a custom class; Alchemist.

In the past, I played dead-is-dead and only played one character at a time. Severus had over 700 hours when his cynical nature and the apparent cowardice of city guards lead to a sense of being betrayed. It struck a chord with his long standing feelings of isolation and longing for acceptance. He concluded that mankind did not deserve saving. In the midst of the epic final battle in the streets of the Imperial City, he lowered his shield, sheathed his sword and began his final rites to the Nine. I grieved for days.

Sarrah was the girl next door seeking romance and domestic bliss. What she found was a violent world. After nearly losing her life in a attempt to seduce an ogre, she suffered a total mental breakdown which involved weeks of recovery. Out of that time came her transformation to steel. She closed thirty-eight Oblivion gates by first seeking out and killing every living thing that dwelt there. In the thirty-ninth gate she was driven off a bridge into a deadly lava flow. In those final moments, with over 500 hours of gameplay I thought I caught a glimpse of the girl next door.

Prisoner started out as a bit of a coward. At first, he only traveled when there was a Legionnaire nearby and entering dungeons never even occurred to him. Still, over time, with the aid of companions, he has gained experience. The loot from roadside encounters allowed him to establish a home in Anvil. By this time, the lack of focus in his life lead him to take up the cause of the Prophet after the destruction of the Dibella chapel in Anvil. It lead to a knighthood and leadership of the Knights of the Nine. He still does not consider himself the heroic type and tends to drift a bit but he no longer fears facing the world.

I've dropped the dead-is-dead philosophy but since Prisoner has never been killed it's a moot point. These days, I tend to play the game more like a tourist than a hero.

Alkira rose Nankivell

Return to IV - Oblivion