TES Spin-Off Possibilities

Post » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:01 am

Hello! I'm back with more ideas for ways for Bethesda to sell out! :D

So, I reckon Real-Time Strategy and/or a Civilization-style 4x games are a perfect additional way to explore Tamriel and beyond. There's actually a mod pack for Civ V that allows you to play with Elder Scrolls races and other elements, but an official game would be totally awesome.

You could have a Khajiit army with the various 'breeds', like, you have Cathay and Suthay Khajiit as your infantry units and a cavalry made of Pahmar and Senche, while the Orsimer army could include other creatures favored by Malacath, like ogres, trolls and goblins. You could also include other races, such as the Maromer, Sload and the Imga, and the Akaviri races like the Tsaesci and the Tang Mo, and even extinct races like the Dunmer, Falmer and the Alyeid.

Scarlet Devil

Post » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:42 am

I will say the same thing I said in your other thread. I have no objection as long as Bethesda doesn't do it. I want Bethesda Gaming Studios to put all their resources into making the numbered games in the series.

Sara Johanna Scenariste

Post » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:02 pm

On a side note, I prefer the term 'Grand Strategy.'

Warcraft 3 is my favourite RTS and Total War: Warhammer was released in May and it's easily the best TW-game to date. Both are in the fantasy genre, but compared to TES-games, their... humour-levels are a lot higher. *Insert screenshots of Goblin Doom Divers / towers launching cows as projectiles*

A TES strategy game could be nice as a more subtle fantasy game.

EDIT:

http://i.imgur.com/Idgao9T.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/5N2gWjq.jpg

teeny

Post » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:02 pm

I'd love a Tropico style TES game. One that centres more on the building rather than all out war. To be a governor of a land (Imperial era?) and have to deal with local politics of religion, guild favour, defence, economy, local roads for trade routes, enough local guard to police the district, rangers to calm or protect wilderness, farming, mining, entertainment etc.

Things to deal with would be bandit groups growing into small armies if not policed, attacks from creatures such as goblins and ogres, guild influence and consequences (bribes, assassinations etc).
Kaylee Campbell

Post » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:54 am

Personally I don't find 4x and RTS strategy games very interesting or fun, so I don't want to delve too much off topic (although if it was an Elder Scrolls-themed 4x or RTS game I would definitely try it). But I would love a (obviously non-canon) fighting game, featuring characters from all of the games. Fighting with the likes of Cyrus the Restless, Gaiden Shinji, Ysgramor, Mannimarco, or Dagoth Ur would be absolutely dope.

Monika Fiolek

Post » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:33 am

Eh, nifty idea, but I think having one or more Elder Scrolls characters guest-star in another fighting games series would be far more likely. I think a strategy game would be far more likely to appeal to the Elder Scrolls crowd, but that's just me.

electro_fantics

Post » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:11 am

MarioKart rip-off that takes place in the First Era.

You'll have some Dwemer contraptions with wheels, driven by a representative of each race.

You'd throw sweet rolls and cheese at each other, racing through some of the Arena's most treacherous tracks, including the Daedric planes, Atmora and Aetherius.

Skooma speeds you up, sujamma makes you big for ten seconds.

They could call it F-Zero Sum.

Or, a 2D Super Metroid rip-off in which you play as Pelinal, going through underground Ayleid dungeons collecting awesome stuff until you progress to the final battle at White-Gold. They could call it Killing Light II: Turbo.

Matt Gammond

Post » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:18 am

This sounds like an awesome game.:D

Brandon Wilson

Post » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:56 pm

Oh, there's no way that an Elder-Scrolls fighting game would ever get made. I'd just love to have it.

I'm definitely down for it.

Rachael Williams

Post » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:01 am

I will purchase a Command & Conquer Real Time Strategy (RTS) The Elder Scrolls video game developed by Bethesda Game Studios.

Not fighting enemies like GDI vs. Nod, but being able to build buildings and train infantry and have bandits, bears, vampires, wolves, etc attack the buildings you built and destroy them.

Amy Masters

Post » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:19 pm

Ballowers, could you imagine a Mythic Era RTS? Lorkhan and the humans vs. Akatosh and the elves, with Hist as a spoiler and random beast races and Daedric hordes?

I would definitely get that.

Theodore Walling

Post » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:50 pm

This is exactly what I would absolutely love. Bethesda has already started incorperated settlement building into their games, so it would be inkeeping with the present direction of the franchise. kinda a bit like a fantasy version of Tropico. Players can spend hours planning and fine tuning the lay outs of their infrastructure the same way Minecraft is popular.
Lady Shocka

Post » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:42 am

I'm now thinking of a TES Caesar or Pharaoh... I would buy the crap out if that.
Alba Casas

Post » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:27 pm

i'd be up for a TES RTS, in the style of Warcraft 3 preferably..

wouldn't happen.. the fighting game genre is under a full monopoly by a small handful of Japanese developers, as a result its a genre that is near impossible for outsiders to successfully break into regardless of product quality..

Tai Scott

Post » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:11 pm

you mean a Command & Conquer x TES crossover? as C&C is a franchise of its own, not a genre of game..

Cheville Thompson

Post » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:59 am

TES/Dishonored 2 spin off replacing steampunk with high fantasy.

TES series already have thief guild questline but do not have elaborate stealth mechanics and level design dedicated for stealth.

JD FROM HELL

Post » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:19 am

I realized I forgot crossover or style in there.

Yes.

Kelly Tomlinson

Post » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:19 am

Is it possible to re-title a thread? If so I'm thinking this should be a general spin-off thread and not restricted to just strategy titles, since we've gone off topic a bit already, and so we don't en up choking the forums. Because I was thinking about the racing cart idea and I thought "That sort of sounds like ta mod that Trainwiz would make." (I'm assuming that most of you know who that guy is, by the way.) Also I could just multi-quote my previous thread about ideas for spin-off adventure games here so that topic doesn't die.

Anyway, back on the current topic, the RTS I'm most familiar with is Age of Mythology. I think the 'Age of' formula would work fairly well for Elder Scrolls, but that's only because the only other RTS I've really played is Warhammer 4k. 4X games I've played are Civ 2 and 5, and Endless Legend.

joannARRGH

Post » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:59 am

Age of Mythology style RTS where you pick a divine, and then a Deadric prince? Depending on who you pick determines the monsters that you can summon? Some of the Deadric Princes have some crazy units. Like Sheo has Golden Saints riding giant cheese wheels that crush your enemies.

Darren Chandler

Post » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:56 am

That would actually be really interesting to branch out the setting and reinforce the notion that the Princes aren't entirely focused on Tamriel ALL the time.

Of course, Balance in an RTS is... well... A small nightmare. So trying to balance 16 different factions...

Sarah Evason

Post » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:01 pm

You could do what ESO did and merge multiple races into a single faction -- for example, you could have the magical Altmer working with the stealthy Bosmer.

Nick Swan

Post » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:41 am

A TES-themed fighting game, a Mario Kart-style TES game, and a Twisted Metal-style TES game...by Azura, I'd make it rain with the amount of money I'd throw at those if such games existed.

Nick Swan

Post » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:16 pm

16-bit JRPG. FFIV or Chrono Trigger but with Elder Scrolls.

You play as Nerevar in the First Era, adding Vivec, Almalexia, Sotha Sil, Dagoth Ur and Alandro Sul to your party as you first fight off the Nordic rulers and then make war against the Dwemer. Dumac could be in your party during the Nordic part of the story. You could have lots of epic boss battles against Tongues, and then a final fight against Dumac.

At the end, when you get killed by the Tribunal, if you unlocked some specific things, you could then play the version of events as told in the 36 Lessons of Vivec. Kill the children of Molag Bal, fight the moon people, travel to Yokuda, kill Wulfharth and then do battle against Numidium.

So much cool weapon and magic opportunity. TES sprites would be really cool, too.

Darlene Delk

Post » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:09 am

I can see so many potential future April Fools jokes in this thread for the Bethesda team to troll us with XD

casey macmillan

Post » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:27 pm

I'm not really into civ-likes, but a total war, sphere of influence or crusader kings rip off with TES trappings would be pretty cool

lolli

Next

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion