The Enclave

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:36 pm

Not really, it's been established that when they were nearly destroyed on the West Coast by the end Fallout 2, they relocated to the East Coast.

Was this from Fallout 3 lore, since I don't remember that mentioned in Fallout 2. Also, didn't some members of the Enclave become integrated into NCR?
Minako

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:45 pm

About the Enclave not allowing people to join, sure that might be true, but they have people who work for them from the outside. Stiggs and Anna Holt in Fallout 3 were both born in the wasteland, Stiggs even said he was dying from radiation poisoning. They still let him work for them. So maybe you won't "join" the Enclave, but you could work for them? Unless you're born in the Enclave which I don't see happening at all.
Ross Zombie

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:26 pm

I seriously hope the Enclave doesn't come back in any strength. Black Isle gave us new enemies (and allies, for that matter) in both games, and now Beth just recycles them? Bah!

And in point of fact, the first FEV exposure on the West Coast was from West-Tek, AKA The Glow, which when released mutated with radiation and created the ghouls in the Bakersfield Vault. Mariposa came much later. (Anyone but me see the complete inconsistency in having ghouls in DC when there was no large leakage of FEV on that coast?)
Amanda savory

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:25 pm

Actually, ghouls are not a result of FEV but of radiation. This is something that even the FO1 devs disagree on, Tim Cain going for the radiation explanation, and Chris Taylor for the FEV explanation. Chris Avellone initially went with Taylor's in the Fallout Bible, but in later Fallout Bible issues he decided to consider Tim Cain's version canon, and so currently does Bethesda.
Lori Joe

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:03 pm

About the Enclave not allowing people to join, sure that might be true, but they have people who work for them from the outside. Stiggs and Anna Holt in Fallout 3 were both born in the wasteland, Stiggs even said he was dying from radiation poisoning. They still let him work for them. So maybe you won't "join" the Enclave, but you could work for them? Unless you're born in the Enclave which I don't see happening at all.

I wonder if that will change though. With defeat after defeat, they will need to do a recruitment drive eventually.

Actually, ghouls are not a result of FEV but of radiation. This is something that even the FO1 devs disagree on, Tim Cain going for the radiation explanation, and Chris Taylor for the FEV explanation. Chris Avellone initially went with Taylor's in the Fallout Bible, but in later Fallout Bible issues he decided to consider Tim Cain's version canon, and so currently does Bethesda.

It makes the most sense anyway.
brenden casey

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:46 pm

Then what is life like for an Enclave citizen (that's if you could call it that)?
When the Enclave moved to the west coast, what was on the minds of the personnel?
I'm thinking they believe the whole USA is their oyster and plan to lord over what was once the United States or perhaps more outwards.

I'd like to believe that the Enclave is not fully destroyed. Yet, there should be a new more powerful menace to face in the next games.
And perhaps something other than mutants. Perhaps something technological. And I'm not counting aliens in the upcoming Mothership Zeta.
ladyflames

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:35 pm

Then what is life like for an Enclave citizen (that's if you could call it that)?
When the Enclave moved to the west coast, what was on the minds of the personnel?
I'm thinking they believe the whole USA is their oyster and plan to lord over what was once the United States or perhaps more outwards.

I'd like to believe that the Enclave is not fully destroyed. Yet, there should be a new more powerful menace to face in the next games.
And perhaps something other than mutants. Perhaps something technological. And I'm not counting aliens in the upcoming Mothership Zeta.

Foreign power is something I'm hoping for. Not sure if the vets would agree with me though. I mean like another BoS but...not. Just an organization that popped up in another country that has reasonable technology. Probably not power armor because (I think) it was only made in the USA.
Danny Blight

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:57 pm

Meant east coast muties, but that works too. West coast was definitely in Mariposa, and were definitely superior, thanks to The Master figuring out how to make the muties actually smart

No, the Master didn't have to figure out anything. FEV-II was already potent and had a chance of the subject retaining his intelligence or even expanding it (such was the case with Richard Grey).
maria Dwyer

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:14 pm

The Enclave can't die off, they are just to EPIC

Just because Raven Rock is destroyed (and whatever happen's in broken steel, I haven't gotten too it yet) can't completely roll out the enclave. They have base camp's pretty much everywhere ( In DC atleast) Not to mention people are dieing to just join up with the enclave.

The enclave is like an infection. You think you get rid of it, but it come's back to bite you in the ass.
James Potter

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:09 pm

Unfortunately we are homeless.

Hungry donner just closed up all the threads for the fanclub.

the only hope we have is a website I used as a temporary base while someone else restores a new address.

So we are basically still alive, but clinging by a thread. Although there are other bases in America. Factories , bases, outposts, all around us.

We are here to stay.
Nikki Lawrence

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:29 pm

Unfortunately we are homeless.

Hungry donner just closed up all the threads for the fanclub.

the only hope we have is a website I used as a temporary base while someone else restores a new address.

So we are basically still alive, but clinging by a thread. Although there are other bases in America. Factories , bases, outposts, all around us.

We are here to stay.

This is more-or-less the state of the Enclave at the end of FO3. With the destruction of Raven Rock, and their secondary base at Adams AFB at the end of Broken Steel (I'm assuming this will be the Canonical Ending, though I could be wrong,) the Enclave are hanging on by a thread. In all likelyhood, the Enclave will always be a feature of the Fallout World, but their heday came and went with FO2 and FO3. We need a new Major Badguy; the Super Mutants had their day, so did the Enclave.

Maybe make the Outcasts or a group of BoS Radicals the enemies in the next game? Would be an interesting twist...
Peter P Canning

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:33 pm

Well since the Enclave got knocked out of the West Coast, and all huddled to the East Coast where they got their asses kicked twice, and they don't seem to have that big of a presence in the Mid-western United States, the only other place I could think that they MIGHT have a chance of holding strong, but its more like a last bastion of hope would be the Southern United States. Maybe they've got a secret base under the Alamo now?
Averielle Garcia

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:09 pm

Maybe make the Outcasts or a group of BoS Radicals the enemies in the next game? Would be an interesting twist...

A rogue BoS or Outcast leader would be exactly the kind of story I would expect from Bethesda, really... and I don't mean that as an insult neccessarily. It could work, given the proper writing and actor, despite the expectedness of it and the cliche plot.

In some way, they already did this with The Pitt though.
JD FROM HELL

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:58 pm

Now if I remember correctly, but wasn't there a reference in Navarro that the Enclave did run a recruit depot near the post, where they actually were recruiting from the less mutated elements of society?
James Wilson

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:04 pm

I don't recall anything like that. And even if they did use some outsiders, they would never be real Enclave citizens, just cannon fodder.
maya papps

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:33 am

I don't recall anything like that. And even if they did use some outsiders, they would never be real Enclave citizens, just cannon fodder.

There was reference on the wiki, in the section on Enclave Human Resources, that there was a potential for outside recruitment...I would assume, this to be everything from labor battalions to low end troops.
Enie van Bied

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:07 pm

Yeah, there was a recruitment drive in Navarro. I remember that. The non-hostile Enclave troops..
I’m my own

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:50 pm

Is it possible, that before the bombs fell, that the Enclave began or already had secret bases in Canada or Mexico? The reason I ask, is maybe the Enclave (Though it hasn't been said in any games) is pushing their wills onto other people in nations like Canada and Mexico. So maybe if they did, the Enclave is only "finished" in the US, and maybe they're trying to make another "Little America" in Mexico or Canada?

Do you guys/gals think its possible?
Marquis T

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:45 pm

Yeah, there was a recruitment drive in Navarro. I remember that. The non-hostile Enclave troops..

There was no recruitment drive in Navarro. You had to lie your way in by pretending that you're already an Enclave soldier.
Budgie

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:17 am

Well, since the Enclave are low on troops, do you think that would drive them into recruiting from the wasteland? They're leaders are gone, so somebody else would have to rise up. Maybe they would come to that decision?
djimi

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:49 pm

There was no recruitment drive in Navarro. You had to lie your way in by pretending that you're already an Enclave soldier.

That's what it was? Damn, either way I haven't played Fallout 2 in ages.
Gisela Amaya

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:05 am

Well, since the Enclave are low on troops, do you think that would drive them into recruiting from the wasteland? They're leaders are gone, so somebody else would have to rise up. Maybe they would come to that decision?

In all likelyhood, the answer is yes. They're not the classic stupid badguys who will never win; the Enclave is smart and cunning (as evidenced by the fact that they've been using concealed factories to build their Vertibirds, Power armor, and Plasma weapons, and their propaganda campaign in the Wasteland.) I can see that when push comes to shove, they have the smarts to realize when they need to relax some of their own standards to continue pushing towards their ultimate goals.
Robert DeLarosa

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:09 pm

Their goals and policies during the time of FO3 are in question and flexible... Eden is a hard-core traditional Enclave member, maybe because he is programmed to be on some level, but Colonel Autumn thought killing everything mutated was overboard, and during the final confrontation he seems to have the goal of activating the purifier normally, distributing pure water and actually helping the wasteland, in return getting the people's trust and obidience to the Enclave, which they would probably use to grow their forces. In other words, Autumn wanted power and control, rather than genocidal purity.

I would guess after the desctruction of the oil rig and such in FO2, the Enclave ended up consisting of seperated groups with possible differeny goals. Eden and Autumn took control over a large group of them, but probably not all, and all these groups and leaders might change Enclave goals and policies in some way... I would expect this to factor into future games on some level.
Sammygirl500

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:04 am

I doubt, as it has been said, you will see the Enclave recruit wastelanders as anything other then fodder. Oh yes, they might recurit them as troops, but they will be the ones going in first, with the low tech gear, and getting slaughtered. Even if Autumn was more open to using mutated people, keep in mind he still would just view them as slaves, making him just as bad as Eden.
Anne marie

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:15 pm

About being allowed to join the Enclave:

The Enclave was introduced in FO2 where the Chosen One wasn't pure at all, while this isn't quite true for the Lone Wanderer. So we must assume for the Enclave there are two things that count - purity (exposure to FEV and radiation being possible if not too long or too mutated) and loyalty to the old ways. Frank Horrigan is an example of someone that is working for them and feeling like them. although he is heavily mutated. So there is no reason the Enclave would object to anyone that is willing to join them. It's just that people like Frank Horrigan know that after the job is done, they will gladly sacrifice themselves to obtain total purity.

And second, computers, especially of the 50's view aren't strong with lying. If Eden would think you could never join, he would have told you, as he's a machine. He begged you to perform your 'duty', knowing you weren't from the Enclave. If he would have lied like a human, he would have falsely promoted you to the rank of an enclave officer and then given you the job and told you nothing could happen to you. Instead he told you the truth - that you had a chance to die if you were infected enough.

So finally I would say, that anybody that is pure enough to survive the genetic cleaning process of the Enclave would count pure enough in their eyes and could be allowed to count as human. And any one who they trust to be loyal to their course could be allowed to be joined if he is willing to sacrifice to the great goal.

At least they would allow people like Frank Horrigan to join them temporarily and get rid of the danger later, after all dirty work has been done.

So joining would always be an option - either by being pure enough or by joining temporarily. I can't understand people telling this is impossible because of the players impurity (especially the Lone Wanderer who might still be pure enough).
Oyuki Manson Lavey

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout Series Discussion