The Enclave

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:02 am

To those who played Broken Steel and those who haven't yet...

*Spoilers*

We all know by the end of Broken Steel you eradicated the Enclave. But according to Elder Lyons, they might not be totally wiped out as hoped, just dealt a huge blow to there plans.

What if that means they return for Fallout 4? I personally hope not. I think the Enclave returning as the villains in Fallout 3 were pretty cool, since they appeared in the last Fallout game, Fallout 2, but I would like for Bethesda to give us a new villain or organization that is completly different from the Enclave and is actually a force to be reckon with. To me the Enclave was a joke in Fallout compared to how much of a threat they truly were....OK they might be a little threatining since they did destroy Liberty Prime with an orbital deathstrike and could've won the war with the BoS with a death strike to the citadel, but couldn't because you arrived in time to stop them.

*End Spoilers*

So anybody think they might return?
maria Dwyer

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:12 pm

I wouldn't like them as main atagonists any more but I'd like some survivors who isolated themselves from other Wastelanders and traded you something to survive. That would give you access to Advanced Power Armor II in Fallout 4.
Something like from three to six soldiers with a leader, depending on when the game will be set and where.
Nana Samboy

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:00 am

I think in Fallout 4 you'll be doing the Main Quest, then a man will approach you and offer you a chance to "Save The United States" by killing someone or stealing something and brining it to them. Its a story Arc. You cna choose to take him up on his offer or not. If you do you discover he is an Enclave agent, and you just helped the Enclave get one step frther in rebuilding themselves. Then he will give you an offer to join.
Joe Alvarado

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:12 pm

Then he will give you an offer to join.

Admit a mutant into the Enclave? They may have hard times, but not that desperate...
DAVId MArtInez

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:09 pm

I think in Fallout 4 you'll be doing the Main Quest, then a man will approach you and offer you a chance to "Save The United States" by killing someone or stealing something and brining it to them. Its a story Arc. You cna choose to take him up on his offer or not. If you do you discover he is an Enclave agent, and you just helped the Enclave get one step frther in rebuilding themselves. Then he will give you an offer to join.

A dark man approaches and asks you to kill someone? Where have I heard that before...

Wouldn't mind it though, as long as we got to join and you didn't get "bad karma" from doing it. Well.. I don't see you officially joining. Maybe helping out.
Ron

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:36 pm

The Enclave doesn't recruit people outside of the Enclave, despite what President Eden said (he likely only said that to the Lone Wanderer to give him or her motivation to spike the water). The only Wastelanders in the Enclave are slaves, and workers. The soldiers, officers, etc. are all born into the organization and are raised and brainwashed to believe in the Enclave's post-war mission (wipe out all mutants to rebuild the world for "pure humans").
latrina

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:58 pm

Personally, the Enclave got the short end of the stick, when it came to Fallout 3...and honestly, it made them look more like a Manuel Noriega dictatorship, than an actual critical power. If anything, an interesting Fallout 4, would involve an NCR which was infiltrated by former members of the Enclave, who are engaged in a protracted war with the Western Brotherhood.
Darlene Delk

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:57 am

Hardly they will return,cuz they are mostly wiped out.
Irmacuba

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:39 pm

Hardly they will return,cuz they are mostly wiped out.

They were mostly wiped out at the end of FO2... Didn't stop them.
ijohnnny

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:45 pm

True,but anyway it would be foolish to have them in vegas.
Judy Lynch

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:20 pm

They were mostly wiped out at the end of FO2... Didn't stop them.

Navarro was a decent and organized base. When the Oil Rig blew up, Navarro post "assumed" command being led by Colonel Autumn's father and started working independently.
In D.C., however, the Enclave lost both of their leaders and atleast 80% of their manpower, so I doubt that they will return, especially in FO:NV since there are no Enclave bases left in the area.
Jessica Stokes

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:48 pm

Navarro was a decent and organized base. When the Oil Rig blew up, Navarro post "assumed" command being led by Colonel Autumn's father and started working independently.
In D.C., however, the Enclave lost both of their leaders and atleast 80% of their manpower, so I doubt that they will return, especially in FO:NV since there are no Enclave bases left in the area.

Navarro is still around, though; is it not? Plus the Enclave obviously has research and manufacturing facilities somewhere out there where they designed the new Fallout 3 APA, plasma weapons, and manufactured them. I don't want the Enclave to take the limelight again, but Bethesda has set the stage for them to.
cosmo valerga

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:12 pm

Navarro is still around, though; is it not?

All Navarro personnel was transferred to the East Coast. There is no Enclave presence on the West Coast anymore.
cutiecute

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:36 pm

Now I remember there being one, less than favorable ending for NCR, where members of the Enclave infiltrated into the NCR Congress(following the death of Westin and the Speaker of the House?). Could that be a possibility for the Enclave?
:)Colleenn

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:05 am

Well they should not return only as a minor role. Small outpost where enclave hides.
P.S.Anyway i would like to see J.H.Eden as an android
NIloufar Emporio

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:21 am

I liked seeing them in FO3... plus it made sense in a lot of ways to recap or redo a lot of FO1 and FO2 for the new audience. Other that a poorly written face-off with Eden, I thought they were well handled as well.

That said, please no Enclave in FO:NV or FO4 as a main threat or power. Same with the Brotherhood of Steel really. I would like to see some mentioning of them, and maybe a small appearence by a traveling group or remnant in the Enclave's case, maybe part of a single quest, but nothing on the scale of what we saw in Fallout 3 please.

If the Commonwealth is the setting for FO4, as I believe it will be, I could see the Outcasts being pushed north to the Commonwealth by Lyons' BoS, and them being involved on a smaller scale in FO4's main quest, with their more tech-hungry desires in full force... that would be the level of involvement I would like to see from these same groups in the future. A side quest with some abandoned Enclave squad who is searching for other members, maybe, and you can kill them, help them or reform them... something like that. Again, nothing on the scale these groups saw in FO3, that would be REALLY lame.

For New Vegas I imagine we will see some Brotherhood presence, considering the location... hopefully they're not the focus in that game either though.
Casey

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:10 pm

In fallout 4 i'de like to find out where all the muties come from.... maybe a new master....
Samantha Pattison

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:32 pm

In fallout 4 i'de like to find out where all the muties come from.... maybe a new master....

All the muties come from vault 87. It even says it on the terminals. The docs there got ahold of a modified FEV virus
Ricky Rayner

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:54 pm

All the muties come from vault 87. It even says it on the terminals. The docs there got ahold of a modified FEV virus

That's not correct...the mutants came from Mariposa!
Robert Devlin

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:00 pm

That's not correct...the mutants came from Mariposa!

They came from both, but in terms of time the Vault 87 started first. The Master started to create his mutant army in (blind guess) early 22nd century while Vault 87 began before the bombs even dropped.
sam

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:30 am

They came from both, but in terms of time the Vault 87 started first. The Master started to create his mutant army in (blind guess) early 22nd century while Vault 87 began before the bombs even dropped.

Meant east coast muties, but that works too. West coast was definitely in Mariposa, and were definitely superior, thanks to The Master figuring out how to make the muties actually smart
Mrs. Patton

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:12 pm

The Enclave will never truly be eradicated. They aren't just in the east coast, you know. They still swarm the west coast and I believe central. If anything, the Enclave that remains in the west coast will most likely just send out more troops.

^The Enclave most certainly approves of the post above
Carlitos Avila

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:08 pm

It has been posted elsewhere, with links to the wiki I believe, anunknown...(etc), that the Enclave has been removed from the West or atleast are no longer a power there. So swarm is likely an incorrect term to use. More like struggle to survive.

Enclave is rather annoying IMO anyway, best to get rid of them as more then a minor annoyance.
Naazhe Perezz

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:21 pm

Maybe in fallout 4 you are a son or daughter of enclave commander and you are trying to rebuild the glory of enclave. NO BROTHERHOO!!! But outposts of CwBos maybe no more.
And a new organisation which is fighting the enclave
Harry-James Payne

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:16 pm

They still swarm the west coast and I believe central. If anything, the Enclave that remains in the west coast will most likely just send out more troops.

Not really, it's been established that when they were nearly destroyed on the West Coast by the end Fallout 2, they relocated to the East Coast.
Darren Chandler

Next

Return to Fallout Series Discussion