The voice actor for General Tullius was a bad idea Bethesda.

Post » Wed May 02, 2012 6:14 pm

The only problem I have with Hogan as Tullius is that my Imperial heavy armor looks more and more like a toaster.

That isn't much of a problem, though.
Kaylee Campbell

Post » Wed May 02, 2012 3:52 pm

The only voice actor I have a problem with is Karliah (sp?). Everyone else suits their roles quite well, I think.
OTTO

Post » Wed May 02, 2012 6:50 pm

The only voice actor I have a problem with is Karliah (sp?). Everyone else suits their roles quite well, I think.

And this is the really interesting part of this thread (which everyone should pay attention to):

If Bethesda listened to every individual complaint, then they'd have to conclude that every voice actor in this game was the worst person they'd ever hired.
chirsty aggas

Post » Wed May 02, 2012 12:22 pm

Tigh was by far my favorite BSG character.

He was a great character, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AuxJH2Mj30

;)
Shiarra Curtis

Post » Wed May 02, 2012 2:03 pm

Never played a fallout game. And none, except for Wes Johnson, of the actors are people I've heard of.
Yes, this is why people that saw "Raiders of the Lost Ark" when it came out all were disappointed. They were too reminded of Star Wars when they saw Harrison Ford and heard his voice. Millions of people couldn't understand why Han Solo was running around fighting nazis. The fans' confusion was so profound, both of the movie franchises failed. To this day, Harrison Ford is confused with a smuggler that has a big walking carpet as best friend and co-pilot, by rational intelligent and reasonable people, when he walks down the street

And yet it was Indiana Jones role that defined his character, and solidified his spot as being among the great actors..
Amanda savory

Post » Wed May 02, 2012 10:55 am

And yet it was Indiana Jones role that defined his character, and solidified his spot as being among the great actors..

I love Harrison Ford and Indiana Jones, but are you insane?

He was already semi-famous after American Graffiti. It was Star Wars that made him a household name, not Indiana Jones. And sorry, as much as I love the guy, he's not considered one of the "great actors". He's one of the great stars. Incredibly charming, but not on a level with people like Daniel Day Lewis.
Ricky Rayner

Post » Wed May 02, 2012 5:50 pm

I've grown used to most Arnold Guardzenegger voices, but Farengar is just something that will haunt me for years to come.

I totaly agree, he didn't sound nord, didn't look nord, didn't act nord. He looks like an alien or something that belongs in Loom. I know he is supposed to be some kind of nord smartguy but he seem so out of place.
Jason White

Post » Wed May 02, 2012 5:06 pm

I love Harrison Ford and Indiana Jones, but are you insane?

He was already semi-famous after American Graffiti. It was Star Wars that made him a household name, not Indiana Jones. And sorry, as much as I love the guy, he's not considered one of the "great actors". He's one of the great stars. Incredibly charming, but not on a level with people like Daniel Day Lewis.

I agree with Steven Spielberg, why can't H.F be Indiana Jones? Its the best thing he ever did.
Stay-C

Post » Wed May 02, 2012 7:56 pm

Is he that eyepatch man from battlestar galaga? Sounds too cranky and entitled, like a pirate. If that is what they were going for then I guess they just couldn't reach Jack Nicholson.

I lol'd. :lmao:

I personally didn't have any problem with Paul Hogan as General Tullius.

Now if they only had Max Von Sydow stay consistent with characterization with Esbern. There are several lines that still sound like Sydow... but not like Esbern.
Brandon Bernardi

Post » Wed May 02, 2012 4:03 pm

Oh hells no. Michael Hogan rocks too much to be any kind of "bad idea". Every time I see Tullius I half-expect him to go "What the FRAK is THIS?!"
casey macmillan

Post » Thu May 03, 2012 12:49 am

Sounded fine for the role to me. Since when would a general sound like a television wrestler or a hoohahing meathead?

And anwyay to me as a european all american accents sound high pitch/effeminate. Doesn't mean I look down on them.
Miss K

Post » Wed May 02, 2012 6:46 pm

LOL speaking of the same voice actors. I just met Mr. Burke in Fallout 3 and although, he was dressed differently, I could only think of Lucien Lachance! hahahahahahahaha I'm like, woah, what are YOU doing in Megaton? hahaha
TASTY TRACY

Post » Wed May 02, 2012 11:19 pm

I think skyrim has better voice actors then previous TES Games.

I don't know... Skyrim had better Consistent voice acting. Or at least better pedigree consistently. You had a decent Patrick Stewart for about 15 minutes of Oblivion; and while he wasn't punching things in the face the whole time (Because really, what can't be improve by that?), Liam Neeson did a good job in Fallout 3. That said, we had bigger name people, doing at least a decent job, throughout most of the game.

Though in retrospect, we should probably complain that Neeson didn't strap bottles to his hand in Fallout 3, and get into a fist fight with a supermutant. It would be like if they cast Russel Crowe in the next Beth game, as a pacifist.

This thread has taught me that the general discussion forum is evil...

Seriously? It took you this long to figure that out?

I had no problem with Col. Tigh playing Gen. Tullius. I liked him in the role. He was perfect. The only thing lacking was the English accent. See when I was growing up all things with Empires had English accents and sounded like James Mason or Peter O'Toole. Claudia Christian (Legate Rikke) was very good, too, and I wish we'd hear more from her.

Thank you... seriously. Col Tigh is good, but Cpt. Ivanova was better.

One thing about Christian, at least from what I heard, was that she seemed a little better at reading her lines and giving them some weight and emotion. I watched the interview with Sherlock Holmes (Christopher Plummer) in it, when he mentioned it being different to read for this, than it was acting on stage or something. I think General Chang (Again, Plummer) had a point, in the difficulties and differences between stage and voice parts. While Beth has always shelled out for bigger name people, often their performance's quality was dictated by the number of games or cartoons... something were speech was more important than facial expression, they had done in the past. I'm not saying that they do this intentionally to make sales...

Okay that's not ENTIRELY what I'm saying, though I do think that is part of it. Especially since prior to Skyrim, most of these people had cameo roles of little importance. But, it has gotten better.
Josee Leach

Post » Wed May 02, 2012 1:48 pm

General Chang (Again, Plummer)

SOMEONE TELL ME how to get Klingon Academy working with windows 7 :blush:
Laura Richards

Post » Wed May 02, 2012 7:56 pm

SOMEONE TELL ME how to get Klingon Academy working with windows 7 :blush:

Sing jaunty songs, sacrifice a goat, and pray to Kaless
maya papps

Post » Wed May 02, 2012 3:35 pm

His voice fit well with Tullius.
The others were any voiced by Claudia Christian.
Because, you know, Ivanova.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xO9Vr_nBE8
:wink:
Roberta Obrien

Post » Wed May 02, 2012 11:37 am

I think y'all are nuts. Michael Hogan was perfect for Tullius and the only thing that made a character with no other redeeming qualities even tolerable. I think of him primarily as Tigh, but have also seen him in a variety of roles, so the news that he played in another video game is not exactly a shocker.

Farengar doesn't bother me but he drives my husband nuts. He sounds to me like someone who is clearly not a native speaker and is very uncomfortable with the language, to the point that his phrasing is sometimes a little bizarre.
Eve Booker

Post » Wed May 02, 2012 1:40 pm

See, Karliah is my favorite voice actor in the game. She has the perfect synthesis of the lower-class Dunmer accents with the polish and refinement you would expect of her grandmother's granddaughter. What do you dislike about her?
Chloe Yarnall

Post » Wed May 02, 2012 11:09 am

I liked him voicing Tulius and I think it was a great idea to use him. Didn't remind me of the guy from NV at all
Quick draw II

Post » Wed May 02, 2012 7:18 pm

since New vegas was a sequel and not completely handled by bethesda, I didnt play it. and on that note i thought General tullius was a damn good character.
Valerie Marie

Post » Wed May 02, 2012 10:10 am

I never played NV and only the opening bit of Fallout 3, so I didn't make any connection between the two. That said...

> Tullius has a canadian accent,

He does? I'm Canadian, and I didn't think that! (Mind you, there's more than one "Canadian" accent; they vary by region.)

I knew he was a Canadian the moment Tullius spoke in the game intro. Very pronounced accent. He says the word "throne" at one point and it really stood out with that word.
Natalie Harvey

Post » Wed May 02, 2012 11:10 am

He's Colonel TIgh, dammit! COLONEL TIGH!
Julie Ann

Post » Wed May 02, 2012 6:09 pm

The only problem I have with Hogan as Tullius is that my Imperial heavy armor looks more and more like a toaster.

That isn't much of a problem, though.

So long as you don't have a red eye constantly shifting left to right to left... :ooo:

My only problem with recognising his voice was that I expected the same character as Tigh. However I was then quietly pleased to find myself surprised. Never expect what you think you should when you see or hear a familiar actor.
Spencey!

Post » Wed May 02, 2012 9:49 pm

Overall I like most of the voice acting in Skyrim (Tulius is well done imo) but I think the game could have been much improved by not having a few of the voices be quite so common. I had to 'do away' with the housecarl in Markath ....just because he had the same voice as my husband also living there and it drove me nuts!

I really like the voice of Vilkas/Ralof but it is way too common and it would have been great if the voice actor could have switched it up a bit (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0299855/- a very talanted, capable and prolific voice actor) but I suspect it may not have been the fault of the voice actors but rather the direction. Perhaps they were just given a list of lines to read without any indication of any specific characters?

I thought Farengar sounded okay...but a bit odd as it reminded me of a New York City accent :biggrin:
Kelly John

Post » Thu May 03, 2012 12:43 am

Actually, for those who don't particularly enjoy mass-produced Hollywood franchises the obvious similarities between two of Harrison Ford's characters was a tiresome cliche, yes.

So as much as you tried to belittle what I said with trite sarcasm, it backfired and you actually provided a rather valid point: Indiana Jones and Han Solo are boringly similar characters, both stemming from hilariously bad franchises.

Did you have a point to make, or shall I just offer to the dunce cap now...... ? *wink

Ah , you're one of those folks who if yoy don't care for something and so don't notice the differences between things . I think you were actually doing OK ( not greast just OK) until now but just lost yourself the arguement for me. ( Serously boringly similar characters. Are you on drugs? :biggrin:
Tania Bunic

PreviousNext

Return to V - Skyrim