using MCP w/WryeMash question

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:52 pm

Hi. What I want to know is when using The Morrowind Code Patch and Wrye Mash together how often(or at all) should I:
(1) 'sync to load list' for saves?
(2) 'repair all' for saves?
(3) 'repair refs' for mods?

The reason I ask is because I read that MCP takes care of this but I still feel unsure.

(4) When I Update the masters to account for a new mod in Wrye mash what should I do then?
(a)Leave Mash and launch the game
(b)Launch the game through Mash
© 'sync to load' my saves because they are green or will MCP fix that when I launch the game without syncing them in WryeMash?

(5)While using MCP and WryeMash together (because I'm new to this and didn't read that MCP handles things) I have been (after adding to and updating the mods list) doing 'repair refs' to all mods, 'sync to load' for the saves wanted and then doing 'repair all' on all the saves I did 'sync to load' on.
Is this:
(a)too much?
(b)necessary?
©neither now because of the MCP?

(6)Lastly about refs.
(a)Do I have this straight that when using 'Keep Replaced Refs' feature for MCP that you SHOULDN'T clean that PARTICULAR save with WryeMash?
(b)Is it OK to clean that save with Wrye Mash after saving again?

Even if nobody has answers I feel better about getting these questions off of my chest. I've been reading up on this for four days now and every time I think I have it right and know everything, I just come to more questions that I have to read up on. I'm dreaming about this stuff already. It is interesting, addictive and annoying at the same time.
Also I've only made test games. I can't start any serious game until I know I'm safe.
Kate Schofield

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:41 pm

I'd say that whenever you add a mod to a running game (regardless of whether the EXE is MCPd or not) you should:
(i)Use Mash's Updaters function (if updating a mod).
(ii) Follow basic mod management good practice by using Sync to Load List and Repair All

Checkboxes on the Saves tab should be purple.

"Repair Refs", personally, I'd only use if prompted to by Mash. It's a once per mod activity.
Brooks Hardison

Post » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:01 am

Thank you for the advice. I think I can relax and play now.

EDIT - Unless someone has anything else to add. Everything is appreciated.
Nicola

Return to III - Morrowind