Vault 69

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:45 pm

And of course it has to be Vault 69 that has that experiment in it.
Elle H

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:28 pm

And of course it has to be Vault 69 that has that experiment in it.

1 man
+
999 Women
+
That time of the month=
:nuke: :nuke: :nuke: :nuke: :nuke: :nuke: :nuke: :nuke: :nuke:
April D. F

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:36 am

It wouldn't be a hell, considering this:

1. The women would go insane only after week or two after entering the vault. The guy has plenty of time to prepare himself.
2. I doubt that all the 999 women would wake up at 8 o'clock, rush to the man and gang-[censored] him. There would be turns, and the man would have to do it in about 4-5 times a day.
3. Considering that a normal person can live normally some 4-7 days without six, the turn system would be good.
And there is always chance for lisbian relationships, too.

Though it has to be admitted that after 12 years of this the thing would feel kinda boring.
If the people are ~20 years old when entering, and die at 80, it would be 60 years of this? I doubt.

Also, if there is only one man there, the children couldn't reproduce. Because everyone has the same father, the vault would die out in two generations.

1. A week? I'd expect mass hysteria on the first or the second day if the average age of the inhabitants is about 20. Think in terms of "Oh my god!!! The fluorescent light just blinked! The vault is failing! We're all gonna die!!! Quick! Let's find the reactor thingy and FIX IT!!!".
The only thing he could plausably do to ensure his (and their) survival is to find a place to hide and wait it out the first few weeks, preferably undetected at all (if possible). And later claim hitting his head and blacking out or something. A good strategy would be to do it by barricading himself around the other crucial systems - reactor, water/air recycling, food growing etc. and protecting them from destruction by panic. Preferably by locking and blocking a door or two.

2/3 If he makes 4-5 happy per day, it would take him 200 days to get them all done. I'd expect that by the time of N999's turn, she'd be like the gals from Futurama's Amazon Women in the Mood episode ;) His only hope is to reduce the waiting list for the second turnaround by impregnating as much of them as he can, slowly spreading the load.

4. With a bit of careful planning and a lot of luck he might make the gene pool a bit less shallow. It's just that the sons of his would have to "help him out" with the remaining waiting list rather than working on their peers. That way, depending on ages, with careful log keeping... Maybe the gene pool can get just deep enough? (Of course, if we're talking average age 40, no chance, but with 20 maybe even the grandsons can help?)

DISCLAIMER: Written under temporal insanity and jet experimenting. Reader's sense of humor advised. Otherwise, kindly disregard :P
Craig Martin

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:24 pm

1 woman and 999 men, can you say sausage fest? lol
yermom

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:23 am

i think in the 1 man 999 woman case it might work out thanks to the fact women are usualy more logical than men and seem to be for the most part less... needy when it comes to six. but in the 1 woman 999 man case it would not because all the guys would kill each other its just how men are. but neither would make it past two generations without falling into severe inbreeding. and i am just not sure if people would be willing to go that far but you never know and even if they did they would die out from lack of genes. but i could be wrong since no one really knows what happens if you inbreed a whole lot since it hasn't been looked into at all since its so taboo in our society
Ash

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:47 pm

1 woman and 999 men, can you say sausage fest? lol

Thats vault 68 :)
rheanna bruining

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:13 am

I remember reading somewhere that the man in Vault 69 and the woman in vault 68 were the overseer.
SUck MYdIck

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:30 pm

Scientists have discovered that when women share the same enclosed environment for a prolonged period, their biological rhythm tend to synchronize. Now imagine a single male surrounded by 999 women having their PMS...

And I'm pretty sure he has to take out the trash for all 999 of them.
James Wilson

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:35 am

Scientists have discovered that when women share the same enclosed environment for a prolonged period, their biological rhythm tend to synchronize. Now imagine a single male surrounded by 999 women having their PMS...

And I'm pretty sure he has to take out the trash for all 999 of them.

I'm still having trouble figuring out which is a more disturbing prospect... The second or third sentence... *shudder*
hannaH

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:21 pm

1 man 999 women

... sign me up
Olga Xx

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:21 am

You know what they say about women that live together and "timing".
So for one week out of the month this guy better lock himself in his room. ;)

Wow, I laughed so much when I read that!!!!
BrEezy Baby

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:50 pm

Also, if there is only one man there, the children couldn't reproduce. Because everyone has the same father, the vault would die out in two generations.

It's creepy, illegal and wrong, but yeah they can, how did Cain and Abel have children otherwise?

i think in the 1 man 999 woman case it might work out thanks to the fact women are usualy more logical than men and seem to be for the most part less... needy when it comes to six. but in the 1 woman 999 man case it would not because all the guys would kill each other its just how men are. but neither would make it past two generations without falling into severe inbreeding. and i am just not sure if people would be willing to go that far but you never know and even if they did they would die out from lack of genes. but i could be wrong since no one really knows what happens if you inbreed a whole lot since it hasn't been looked into at all since its so taboo in our society

Geez sixist much?
Skrapp Stephens

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:01 pm

It's creepy, illegal and wrong, but yeah they can, how did Cain and Abel have children otherwise?

It may actually be possible for the gene pool to deepen enough as was said above. If he impregnated each woman they would have normal children. Half-siblings sharing a ceretain amount of genes in common. Essentially it is possible for him to be the father figure of 999 families. As his grandchildren began to reproduce the genes they shared would be diluted out. Of course there is no way of predicting what might happen. There could be by chance a generation of men, some people may be infertile, the man to begin with could be infertile. Too many variables, not enough intelligence.
Matthew Barrows

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:48 pm

Geez sixist much?

No, it's apparently ok to bash on men, sixism is a double standard thing, same with racism
Adam Porter

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:04 am

i think in the 1 man 999 woman case it might work out thanks to the fact women are usualy more logical than men

The amount spent every year on female clothing and make-up would suggest otherwise. I think even women would have trouble coming up with a logical explanation for some fasion choices/purchases other than "I wanted it".
TRIsha FEnnesse

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:04 pm

As illuminating of common society the sixist posts are I do believe that overt modern-day political statements are not allowed.
Zoe Ratcliffe

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:21 pm

i hope bethesda releases another DLC " Fallout 3: Vault-69 Massacre"
mimi_lys

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:28 pm

Just imagine the "Honey Do" list that poor SOB would have from those 999 women..
Becky Cox

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:21 pm

Just imagine the "Honey Do" list that poor SOB would have from those 999 women..

Good thing most of the Vault systems are autonomous or automatic at least ;)
Though... oh the horror! The word "redecorating" would probably wake him up in cold sweat every night :D
dav

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:32 pm

Because it's a fairy tale.
Sebrina Johnstone

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:14 pm

if i was in vault 68 i hide in my room until ever kill each other and save the girl before she dies

ps) i bet the girl would be really ugly and fat

in vault 69 i bet the women are all lisbian but at least you could watch!
Andres Lechuga

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:24 am

I Think the Guy in vault 69 was Chuck Norris, or a Descendant of him.

that's why they put him in that vault. :P
Kim Kay

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:11 pm

women being more logical then men? really? weird, since that means my 2 former girlfriends and atleast 90% of my friends girlfriends must come from the illogical part of womankind, since what i saw all day and still see when i visit my pals are pure chaos.

but the point about six is true.
Evaa

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:13 pm

To my understanding, the gene pool was a lot cleaner back then, and Abel never had children. Second, according to the Scriptures, God does allow for inbreeding for massive population drops, but generally abhors it.
Amy Cooper

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:02 am

Its pretty funny because 69 is actually a six position you know. Im not going to go into depth, but you can probaly wiki it... not kidding. wikipdiea has like.. everything.
sarah taylor

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout Series Discussion