What reward did you take from Clavicus Vile's quest?

Post » Sat May 19, 2012 3:01 pm

So in Clavicus Vile's quest, you and his "dog" Barbas have to track down The Rueful Axe, and from what I can tell, you can a) keep the axe, or b) return it and get the Masque of Clavicus Vile in return.

That's all well and good, but I use light armour and swords, so neither of those artifacts are all that useful to me, so I went with option c).

I'm keeping Barbas.

Anyone else do the same?
SHAWNNA-KAY

Post » Sat May 19, 2012 11:11 am

I found barbas really annoying, so there was no way in hell that I would have kept him.
I'm a two handed weapons player who uses axes exclusively,..... So naturally I chose the masque :P
I just thought it was more impressive then the Axe, which actually wasn't even as good as the axe I was using at the time.
Also the masque reduces the price of things, and that's never a bad thing to have.
Rachel Cafferty

Post » Sat May 19, 2012 12:03 am

I found Barbas when I was rather low level and managed to survive long enough to get to the second stage of the quest where he follows you around. After I realized he was immortal, it became a bit annoying because combat encounters became too easy with Barbas as a tank. But I needed to fight my first dragon and learn at least a few shouts before I was going to attempt to retrieve Rueful Axe, so I was stuck with him for a while.

By the time I went after the Rueful Axe, I had a handy Blizzard Scroll that wiped the floor with the enemies in the cave. The blizzard spell has got to be the single greatest design for a magic effect I've witnessed in any game.

Playing as a dual wield stealth character, so I had no use for the axe and I certainly don't want Barbas barking in my ear all the time. I noticed Barbas was so aggressive, if I was standing still, he would gradually push me forward. I hope the "normal" dog companions in the game are not like this.
Katey Meyer

Post » Sat May 19, 2012 3:44 am

I found Barbas when I was rather low level and managed to survive long enough to get to the second stage of the quest where he follows you around. After I realized he was immortal, it became a bit annoying because combat encounters became too easy with Barbas as a tank. But I needed to fight my first dragon and learn at least a few shouts before I was going to attempt to retrieve Rueful Axe, so I was stuck with him for a while.

By the time I went after the Rueful Axe, I had a handy Blizzard Scroll that wiped the floor with the enemies in the cave. The blizzard spell has got to be the single greatest design for a magic effect I've witnessed in any game.

Playing as a dual wield stealth character, so I had no use for the axe and I certainly don't want Barbas barking in my ear all the time. I noticed Barbas was so aggressive, if I was standing still, he would gradually push me forward. I hope the "normal" dog companions in the game are not like this.
Yeah, the pushing thing was what got me annoyed. Especially when you're in a small space and he pushes you into a wall or something.
Stupid mutt.
Astargoth Rockin' Design

Post » Sat May 19, 2012 12:00 pm

Yeah the pushing thing was annoying but Barbas was helpful at the beginning. I chose the mask since I'm one handed and the effects are way more useful than the axe would've ever been
KiiSsez jdgaf Benzler

Post » Sat May 19, 2012 3:28 am

where do you get the quest? I have 2 dragon priest masks but I would like another one.
Amy Smith

Post » Sat May 19, 2012 6:24 am

So in Clavicus Vile's quest, you and his "dog" Barbas have to track down The Rueful Axe, and from what I can tell, you can a) keep the axe, or b) return it and get the Masque of Clavicus Vile in return.

That's all well and good, but I use light armour and swords, so neither of those artifacts are all that useful to me, so I went with option c).

I'm keeping Barbas.

Anyone else do the same?

I took the masque , simple for the 20% better prices enchant , along with the amulet of zenithar 30% better prices , not bad , and barbas is really annoying.
Trevi

Post » Sat May 19, 2012 5:38 am

Is this the quest where I have to go find Lod's dog? If it is a daedric shrine quest then Im gonna start it after I get my homework done. I want awesome rewards!
Ashley Hill

Post » Sat May 19, 2012 9:09 am

where do you get the quest? I have 2 dragon priest masks but I would like another one.
Wrong mask. This mask is the Daedric reward for Clavicus Vile's quest, it's completely separate from the Dragon Priest masks.

I couldn't kill Barbas. He's annoying, but I couldn't kill him for his loyalty.
Sarah Unwin

Return to V - Skyrim