What's your character's names and why?

Post » Wed May 05, 2010 2:50 pm

My sister overwrote all my saves.

Pity me.

I'd like to blow her away.

Anyway, they WERE called
Beatrix - this was my Very Hard game, she's named after Beatrix Kiddo from Kill Bill ;D
Fang - I couldn't think of anything and Final Fantasy XIII was lying on my desk.
Shilo - My good karma save, I got this name from REPO: The Genetic Opera (watch it naow)
Amber - My evil save, also from REPO. Amber Sweet, aka Carmela Largo played by Paris Hilton. It must have been hard for her to play a stupid, shallow millionaire's daughter XD Not really, she is quite clever.

What's yours called? :D
Carys

Post » Wed May 05, 2010 5:53 pm

I have three Fallout characters:

Aidan Christophe - Caucasian, Male, 25, Neutral Karma. No particular reason for first name, but the last name is taken from Armand Christophe. (Thieves Guild Doyen in TES IV: Oblivion) <--Aidans story is in my profile.

Abdul-Hakim Jenkins - African-American, Male, 38, Good Karma. Again, no reason for the first name. His last name is a nod to Leeroy Jenkins. (WoW fans would know who he is.) :P

Carlos Martinez - Hispanic, Male, 17, Neutral Karma. Absolutely no reason for either first or last name. This is my 'realistic' character. He does exactly what I would do, if I were in the Wastes. (Not LW).
Racheal Robertson

Post » Wed May 05, 2010 5:25 pm

His last name is a nod to Leeroy Jenkins. (WoW fans would know who he is.) :P

Legend.

I feel a bit inadequate for not having last names for mine now XD I'm so used to having to have a four or five character save file name, I try to keep them short. Beatrix was adventurous for me. XD
Charlotte Buckley

Post » Wed May 05, 2010 2:57 pm

I feel a bit inadequate for not having last names for mine now XD I'm so used to having to have a four or five character save file name, I try to keep them short. Beatrix was adventurous for me. XD

None of these three are my first character. In the beginning of the game "Dad" asks you what you think of [insert name here]. And you type in the name you want. If you follow that principle, what you did was right. Thats exactly what a dialogue would contain. It's what I did before RP-ing too.

Dad: "We were thinking of naming you Amber!" -vs- Dad: "We were thinking of naming you Buckingham Wellington The Third!"

No contest.
Sherry Speakman

Post » Wed May 05, 2010 8:25 pm

Ciel - Was the name of the main charater from one of my all time favorite games, a Japanese steampunk flying adventure game.
Anna Kechovski - No real reason behind this one, I just liked it.
Jimbo - A brute with an odd fascination for junk found in the wastes. The name seemed fitting. (No offense to anybody whom's name might be Jimbo, it's just what came to mind.)
Zach Hunter

Post » Wed May 05, 2010 6:41 pm

Bubba Loin. This was the name given to my then 1 yr old son, by my four year old daughter.
x_JeNnY_x

Post » Wed May 05, 2010 7:38 pm

My sister overwrote all my saves.

Pity me.

I do. I am very sorry. My fav characters lived on a memory stick when I played on the 360. No one got to touch it but me. It was law. :laugh:

I've had too many characters to count, or to remember all of their names, but, I have also played a Beatrix Kiddo. I gave her the last name though ;)

My current character is named Melanie Petersen.

Most of my characters are named after book or movie characters. I've had a couple of characters named Jessica after the character in Dune, a Petra Arkanian from Ender's Game and I did an RP of Tyler Durden from Fight Club (my only male character).
Laura Ellaby

Post » Wed May 05, 2010 8:11 am

My two main characters:

Chris -- I'm called Chris, and he was going to look and act somewhat like me, and I couldn't be bothered to think.

Jack -- it's a basic name that doesn't suggest whether he's good or evil.

My names are never very imaginative, but that doesn't really bother me -- we're given a name at birth and, most of the time, we live with it... I don't like my character's names reflecting their personality; it just seems unrealistic to me.
Arnold Wet

Post » Wed May 05, 2010 10:53 am

The Lone Wanderer is usually the only name I use because it's unisix and I don't think it sounds stupid like other names I've used.
Julie Ann

Post » Wed May 05, 2010 12:39 pm

My current character is http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/images/13891-1-1280792735.jpg. I've run my mouth about her evil, slaving ways enough :D I wanted to name her Autumn but that seemed too stripper-like for me. I've been known to give my characters odd names (Pebbles McGillicutty, for instance) so thought I should probably go with something more "normal" for once.
Susan

Post » Wed May 05, 2010 11:22 pm

My current character is http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/images/13891-1-1280792735.jpg. I've run my mouth about her evil, slaving ways enough :D I wanted to name her Autumn but that seemed too stripper-like for me. I've been known to give my characters odd names (Pebbles McGillicutty, for instance) so thought I should probably go with something more "normal" for once.

She's hot. :x

I don't think 'Autumn' sounds stripper-y! It makes me think of slightly ginger girls with freckles. XD
stacy hamilton

Post » Wed May 05, 2010 11:16 am

My "goody two shoes" canon character is named Noah. Initially he was building up a big survivalist's cache for the people of 101, so they would be prepared when they eventually left the vault, but it just kept getting bigger and bigger. Now it's just obscene. For example, he has 26 suits of fully repaired Enclave Power armor. I think he's about to retire.
dean Cutler

Post » Wed May 05, 2010 7:35 pm

My current character is http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/images/13891-1-1280792735.jpg.

Nice, what's that "armor"? :hehe:

My characters are:
Veronica, sneaky, snipy, headshotty character. No story behind the name, i just think it fits her.

Jill, EW, science and medicine focused do-gooder. After Jill Valentine from Resident Evil, first female character that really impressed me. Even with B-Movie dialogue :D

Elisa, "tank" type mercenary. The default name of human noble in Dragon Age, i ran out of imagination :blush:
joannARRGH

Post » Wed May 05, 2010 4:31 pm

Nice, what's that "armor"? :hehe:

The name escapes me right now but it's from http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=13357.
Angel Torres

Post » Wed May 05, 2010 12:00 pm

My Characters:

The Lone Wanderer: This is the original one I put the most playtime into so far.
The Lone Wanderer V2: His name actually doesn't actually have the V2 this is just the more thought out one.
Thanatos: Melee wielding meat-head who wears heavy armor and wields a Super Sledge
Nims

Post » Wed May 05, 2010 7:35 am

My first one was a male named Gareth Gobulcoque. Why'd I name him that? Because it made me lol, and I'm a big fan of Zero Punctuation. I also played one as Mike Litoris. Then I started playing females. One was simply "Jen", another "Alyx Vance", most have been re-iterations of the same one played because technical reasons made me restart from scratch. That character's name is Krystal.

Gareth was evil. He blew Megaton. The rest were all good.
R.I.p MOmmy

Post » Wed May 05, 2010 1:07 pm

My "evil' character is named Ares, named after the Greek god of war. Given his penchant for slaughtering strongholds full of raiders and enslaving the last one standing, it seemed appropriate enough.
Jessica Nash

Post » Wed May 05, 2010 1:33 pm

Currently?

Amanda Uhuru - Female African-American. Taken from the original Star Trek - "uhuru" is the original word, meaning 'freedom.' This is my good/paladin character.

Stephen Ironhorse - Male Hispanic (actually Native American) From Stephen King and some actor whose first name I forget. I just liked the sound of it. My neutral character.

Jack Scaramouche - Male Caucasian. Jack - just "Jack," Scaramouche meaning a fool or jester. My Joker character, complete with albino-white skin and green hair. My evil character, natch. Haven't played a full game with him yet.
Charity Hughes

Post » Wed May 05, 2010 6:46 pm

Like always Top killa or Top killer
ILy- Forver

Post » Wed May 05, 2010 1:40 pm

Like always Top killa or Top killer

Somehow I can't picture someone naming their newborn baby Top Killer. There should be an option where you can pick a Wastelander name after a few levels/missions.
Marine x

Post » Wed May 05, 2010 8:08 am

Somehow I can't picture someone naming their newborn baby Top Killer. There should be an option where you can pick a Wastelander name after a few levels/missions.

:rofl:
Same.......but Ive been using Top killa or Top killer for such a long time and I can't use any other name.
OTTO

Post » Wed May 05, 2010 8:25 pm

Jeff, after Jeff from Earthbound. He has a high Science/repair stat, builds high-tech weapons and can reprogram robots, sort of like Jeff in EB.

My previous character was named after Cormano from Sunset Riders, but really had no resemblance beyond appearance.
KRistina Karlsson

Post » Wed May 05, 2010 10:25 am

When I play as a female my name is Mina Murray and I have Lucy West as my companion because Mina Murray was the close friend of Lucy West in the novel Dracula.

When I play as a male my name is Sergei Grigorovich which is an obvious reference to GSC Gameworld and their own series of well known post apocalyptic games.
Euan

Post » Wed May 05, 2010 1:01 pm

Well My first, neutral guy, is called Nutimik, for reasons I shouldn't really explain. And my second is a female evil one called Mephala. Most of you should know where it comes from.
Juan Cerda

Post » Wed May 05, 2010 9:27 pm

When I play as a female my name is Mina Murray and I have Lucy West as my companion because Mina Murray was the close friend of Lucy West in the novel Dracula.

God yes. I hate Lucy, in game and in novel. `?_?
Lou

Next

Return to Fallout 3