Worst fallout yet(?!)

Post » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:40 pm

Ok so let's get straight to the business.
I am really disappointed about this game and I want to hear your opinions. There are few (it's more like lot of) things that made me angry during the game and I just can't ignore them.

1. Dialog system
there are three things that I can't bear. The first one is that you have always just four options to answer and it isn't rare to find three of these options for just one statement. I just mean, that 4 answers to choose, for each and every conversation isnt very much. Second one is that all answers are described in just few words(!). There was countless situations where I almost broke F9 button for quick reload, because I pick wrong answer. And finaly, there are no other SPECIAL atributes that affects dialogs except of Charisma. I remember when I could convince someone to help me, thanks to the Inteligence or some skill. And even though, successful "Charisma check" doesn't seems to have any influence on the conversation at all.

2. 3rd person camera
It's almost imposible to play 3rd person in buildings. And with power armor it's even worse. Camera is still jumping and it's imposible to aim. I was often forced to switch to 1st person.

3. Broken universum

Fallout for was known for ist 50's and early 60's world style and now we get some serious hi-tech institute with technology like from year 2500 and synths? It is just my opinion but I think that it ruined that feeling of fallout. Where are the tribal factions? I don't know if you remember older games, but there is place for tribal factions in fallout universe. I can't se anything that looks even close to Vault 13 dwellers or Great Khans.. Why must be everything technology based?

4. War never changes ending
Guys, for real? The last scenes of previous Fallouts showed you beautiful ending with all consequences of your gameplay - even of side quests! And now? A speech of main character with no ways to change it and we all heard it in lauch trailer!!

Please tell me what you think about this and please don't hate and try to be constructive, because I am very sad about this game.

Rodney C

Post » Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:33 pm

nah that award goes to fo1&2 :sick:

Britta Gronkowski

Post » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:21 pm

This is an excellent yet flawed game. It's not perfect.

C.L.U.T.C.H

Post » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:26 am

Every game is never perfect at the beginning, the only real statement you made is the endings, everything else can and may very will be fixed through updates/patches or through the community modding. Even then, I'm sure some community member will come up with an alternate ending that you will find more pleasing.
Rinceoir

Post » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:43 pm

It's better then FO3 for sure. I need to see how the story play out before saying it's better then NV( but right now I say it is)

Allison Sizemore

Post » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:52 pm

Fallout tactics by far the worst gameplay.
Fallout 1&2 were neat, possibly great back in the early days when there was very little competition.

But, fallout 4 is an extremely enjoyable game. I would prefer some tweaks from new vegas.

Its funny how terrible the atmosphere was in new vegas but how great all the pieces were. Thats the direct opposite of fallout 3/4 bad pieces but an amazing whole.
DarkGypsy

Post » Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:33 pm

To be fair, this thread was just asking for an inflammatory response.

Sure, I've been the most critical person here about the game. I can't even play it because I'm left handed and can't rebind the keys (seriously wtf Bethesda?), but if you want to have an intelligent, balanced discussion on the quality of this game, I don't think this is the best way to do it.

The title alone would make anyone whose enjoying the game have a knee-jerk reaction and vote against you. It would also discourage anyone out there who agrees with you to some extent, like me, from participating in the discussion because they don't want to be seen as unreasonable or a "hater".

Lastly, I would suggest that if you're going to use a poll you make it more specific. Something as ambiguous and vague as "the worst Fallout yet" is just asking for trouble. You should focus on a specific aspect of the game instead. As you can see from other polls on the forum, the vast majority of people here hate the dialogue system, but that doesn't mean they think the whole game is terrible. Asking a question as vague as this doesn't help us learn anything about each other or try to find any sort of middle ground.

Jhenna lee Lizama

Post » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:52 pm

It's better than Fallout 3. It's far worse than FO1, FO2, and NV.

Aliish Sheldonn

Post » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:24 pm

The poll says it all. Most people either like the game or are kinda bummed but think it is good. The game isn't bad and anyone who says it is isn't a real fallout fan.

The people who fall in the middle and say they aren't super happy but this game is still fun are probably the majority of consumers. The game is not ground breaking or the best game ever made but it is fun... Games are supposed to be fun.

Once the bugs get fixed the game will be very awesome!
elliot mudd

Post » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:49 pm

Nah. Fallout 3 will always be the worst Fallout in my eyes. I literally (and I'm using the proper definition here) cannot think of how this or any future Fallout game could be any worse and not an improvement.

Justin

Post » Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:40 pm

So you liked FNV? Truly? You liked it? Really? I find that incredibly hard to believe. You liked FNV? Really? Honestly?

scorpion972

Post » Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:56 pm

In my opinion and the 4 reasons why I did not purchase Fallout 4, yes Fallout 4 is bad because.

#1. Armor and weapons degradation system (CND) is removed.

#2. The dialogue wheel is bad.

#3. Essential NPC's (Unkillable companions) is in.

#4. Level scaling of loot and NPC's is in again.

Genevieve

Post » Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:44 pm

I think it goes something like this... Fallout 4 is the new kid on the block. He ain't street-wise, not very cool as such things go because he's still just a kid, so to speak. I remember when it was the same way for Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, FO3, and FONV. They came out and they weren't all shiny and full of the very best content and features but in a couple of years, a miracle happened.

Patches fixed the bugs, mods were made that improved the graphics, the story, the eye-candy, the combat, and every aspect of te games unitl they were terrific games and fully worth every penny anybody paid for them. Except of course for the console players, who are forever frozen in vanilla, but that's a different issue.

In a couple of years, there will be hundreds or thousands of mods for FO4 to choose from, and it will then be the cool kid on the block... Until it's replacement comes out,anyway. When its replacement does come out, tehre will then be a plethora of complainers saying how the new game isn't like FO4, doesn't have all those cool things that we will come to love in modded FO4, and the cycle will repeat.

I love this game, but perhaps even more for what I know it will become than what it is today. I KNOW my money was well-spent.

Neliel Kudoh

Post » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:22 am

I haven't completed the game, So I didn't read about the ending.

But for your third point.....
Around 2077 in the FO universe was 50's style retro-future. Not necessarily after the Great War.
MIT has always been about cutting edge technology. So, there would definitely be technologies there that are not found in every day life.
Continuing to do work after the bombs fell is an extension of this.
So yes, the general public at the time of the great war was 50's retro-future. Anything after, all bets are off.
As far as tribals. Different areas are going to be different.
Aside from that, places like Arroyo made no sense. They constructed a temple. Which they only use to hold the mythological vault 13 suit, because you know.. some day, someone would need to pass a trial and use that illustrious jumpsuit to save the village.
The tribal elder is a [censored] shaman, capable of sending you spirit visions. This fits with the FO universe?
Sabrina Steige

Post » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:31 pm

Well now I can't really take your opinion seriously without having played it....

gemma

Post » Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:53 pm

I can't stand playing RPG video games that have their armor and weapons not breaking.

I'm still upset Bethesda Game Studios removed it from The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and feel like I lost $60 dollars (USD). I have fun with it in The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Fallout 3, and Fallout: New Vegas. Bethesda Game Studios could of improved it instead of just removing it completely.

The dialogue wheel is just annoying for me 4 choices.

I like in The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind being able to kill companions or important quest NPC's and a message popping up saying "with the death of this character the story has been severed" or something similar to that.

Level scaling is just terrible. I like no level scaling of NPC's in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. I like to see unique leveled items spread across the video game world map, while I don't care if the same leveled items are on common NPC's like bandits and raiders.

Dean

Post » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:54 am

Thanks for another great game.

suniti

Post » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:36 pm

The most fun to play Fallout game yet. It makes the others look like the Fable series.
maddison

Post » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:02 pm

All of the off-topic posts have been removed.

If you don't like a thread, don't bother posting in it.
All the off-topic complaints is spam, and doesn't make the forum a nice place for anyone.
People who repeatdedly post spam or derail threads will recieve warnings and suspensions.

Shirley BEltran

Post » Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:00 pm

it's the only game I ever asked for a refund because it's unplayable (I have over 220 games on steam), so while I think the game is potentially very fun, the fact that PC gamers who need to rebind their keys are completely left in the dust is extremely bad.

Ana Torrecilla Cabeza

Post » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:11 pm

I don't like the it, and it is continuing the heavy push further away from what made the series, but it is not the worst as a game.

Albert Wesker

Post » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:16 pm

Then get off the forum. If you're only complaint is that you can't remap you keys, that's a pretty lame reason.

Kate Schofield

Post » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:51 am

I'm afraid to say you are part of the VERY vocal extreme minority on this...your opinion can't be wrong, however most everyone loves this game
Alexis Estrada

Post » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:33 am

I like it better than Fallout 1 and 2. Good games, I played them when they needed current comps to handle them. But even then I really could not get into them.

Fallout 3 and 4? Fantastic.

One thing I would like to say, is that the worst Bethesda game still gets at least a 90% out of 100 in my book. For example, my worst Bethesda game is Morrowind and I can play that for hours and hours and still love it.

Alessandra Botham

Post » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:57 pm

Nope but this is one of the worst hate threads yet...

:wink_smile:

lolli

Next

Return to Fallout Series Discussion