[RELZ] Wrye Bash -- Thread No.39

Post » Fri May 13, 2011 4:12 pm

Thanks for starting the new thread Waruddar (that went by fast...)

From the last thread:
I second http://www.gamesas.com/index.php?/topic/1084996-relz-wrye-bash-thread-%2338/page__view__findpost__p__15828537 for icons for custom applications - specifically in a folder "Custom" under "\Mopy\Images\" that we can copy over to the images folder if we want them.

sTes4EditPath - you already consolidated them :celebration: (2 hours later, still writing posts instead of code, so good :))
matt oneil

Post » Fri May 13, 2011 2:21 pm

Yeah, the amount of time BAIN takes is heavily dependent on the hard disk speed, the number of installers you have, and the number & size of loose files in the Data directory.

Only 1%, huh? Hrm.

If it has always been this slow with BAIN, I'd lean towards the disk being slow. Do you know how old the hard drive is, it's max and current capacities? If a hard drive consumes most of its available space, it's going to slow down depending on where the files are physically located on the disk.

If this is a new symptom, I'd begin to think that the drive might be starting to fail. I know that Windows XP will reduce read speeds as it encounters more errors on the drive. There are registry hacks floating around that restores the speed. See this http://winhlp.com/node/10. Please note that I do NOT endorse any programs, registry files, etc on that page. They may or may not work. I haven't looked at them. That page is just one of the first ones that came up on google with a decent explanation. If the drive truly is failing, restoring the speeds will hasten its demise.

Is BAIN the only thing that's slow on this drive? If you have multiple drives, what about copying files to and from other drives?

It's always been this slow with BAIN... it's two 500GB drives in a RAID 0 array, and I've only used maybe 2-300 GB of it. They're between one and two years old.
Eliza Potter

Post » Sat May 14, 2011 12:57 am

Surazal's Sensual Walks' Vwalk.esps aren't tagged with NoMerge or Actors. They show up under the Batched Patch, in the Merge Patches section.

Actually, WB noiw includes a version of the BOSS master list, which defines these tags - so I am sure this is correct.
Auguste Bartholdi

Post » Fri May 13, 2011 10:31 pm

Greetings,

When I use the Rename function on an installed installer file, Wrye Bash 281 (WB):
  • The UI is not immediately refreshed.
    If not a bug: I think it would be better to update the UI as it can confusing to some users.
    (Currently the user must deselect and reselect the WB window for the change to be shown.)
  • Installed state is not transferred.
    If not a bug: I think it would be more convenient to for the installed and installed-subpackage states to be transferred.
    (This can currently be worked-around by using the Duplicate function, however this requires extra time/diskspace/etc.)

Thank you for your continued works on Wrye Bash.
Lori Joe

Post » Fri May 13, 2011 11:09 pm

Another UI problem here too since 281 (besides the odd window focus behaviour mentioned earlier - I guese everyone gets that as standard since it was not addressed?
quote from thread #38 - "The only glitch I experience is a cosmetic window focus problem. I usually have a Tools folder on the desktop, open it and run a copy of Wrye bash icon from there. When I start the re-build of bashed patch, wrye bash loses focus and/or a window behind it jumps to the front. Also half way through the re-build, the progress window will sometimes disappear, eventually coming back when Wrye bash becomes 'responsive' again.
Edit: The builds always complete without further problems, its just odd window behaviour.")

Anyway new one = using ctrl up/down in the Installers tab to move a package, does not scroll the list when the package you are moving goes above or below the currently viewable list. Edit - it worked okay in 279

ctrl up/down in the Mods tab works fine as usual for adjusting load order with new mods not included yet in the boss masterlist, just this problem in the Installers tab.
Roy Harris

Post » Fri May 13, 2011 6:03 pm

Running Wrye Bash 281. And have just a little niggle here..... Seems that setting the options for armor/clothes show amulets is being wonky? I run JQ&DM's backpacks, and use the amulet slot backpack. With backpacks loaded before my bashed patch, the pack does not show up on my character. If it loads after the bashed patch, it does...... am I just doing something wrong here? Missing a trick? Need more information??
Kelly Tomlinson

Post » Fri May 13, 2011 11:19 pm

Running Wrye Bash 281. And have just a little niggle here..... Seems that setting the options for armor/clothes show amulets is being wonky? I run JQ&DM's backpacks, and use the amulet slot backpack. With backpacks loaded before my bashed patch, the pack does not show up on my character. If it loads after the bashed patch, it does...... am I just doing something wrong here? Missing a trick? Need more information??

Got a link to mod so that I can look at it, if not a link can you pm the esp only..
Josephine Gowing

Post » Fri May 13, 2011 1:27 pm

You aren't using "unlimited amulets" as well, are you?

"Armor/Clothes shows amulets" alters clothing so that every one has "hides amulets" unchecked. It shouldn't matter where the backpack mod is because it's not being changed.

"Unlimited Amulets" removes the slot information from all amulets. You can wear an unlimited number of them, but they won't display. If the backpack is an "amulet" then it would become invisible also.
megan gleeson

Post » Fri May 13, 2011 9:16 pm

You aren't using "unlimited amulets" as well, are you?

"Armor/Clothes shows amulets" alters clothing so that every one has "hides amulets" unchecked. It shouldn't matter where the backpack mod is because it's not being changed.

"Unlimited Amulets" removes the slot information from all amulets. You can wear an unlimited number of them, but they won't display. If the backpack is an "amulet" then it would become invisible also.

Yep. This is it. I suppose having it load after the bashed patch isn't really any issue, as it only adds a vendor in Chorrol that sells the packs.

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=16443 is the mod I am using.
Louise Dennis

Post » Fri May 13, 2011 9:14 pm

I just made a request on the development forum for a NoTweak tag. I imagine it would prevent the Unlimited Amulets and All Clothing Playable tweaks from being applied to a mod. Possibly Unlimited Rings and All Armor Playable as well.

If it strikes them as a good idea, those who know may decide to expand it to NoTweak.UAmulets, NoTweak.ClothingPlayable, NoTweak.URings and NoTweak.ArmorPlayable.

They'd know better than I whether those extras are a good idea or not.
Kelvin

Post » Fri May 13, 2011 12:50 pm

I just made a request on the development forum for a NoTweak tag. I imagine it would prevent the Unlimited Amulets and All Clothing Playable tweaks from being applied to a mod. Possibly Unlimited Rings and All Armor Playable as well.

If it strikes them as a good idea, those who know may decide to expand it to NoTweak.UAmulets, NoTweak.ClothingPlayable, NoTweak.URings and NoTweak.ArmorPlayable.

They'd know better than I whether those extras are a good idea or not.

That would be awesome. It is sometimes unfortunate that you have to avoid those tweaks because your magic and crime mod use rings to apply effects to NPCs. I do not miss them much really, but there are probably who do.
jeremey wisor

Post » Fri May 13, 2011 8:32 pm

Greetings,

When I use the Rename function on an installed installer file, Wrye Bash 281 (WB):
  • The UI is not immediately refreshed.
    If not a bug: I think it would be better to update the UI as it can confusing to some users.
    (Currently the user must deselect and reselect the WB window for the change to be shown.)
  • Installed state is not transferred.
    If not a bug: I think it would be more convenient to for the installed and installed-subpackage states to be transferred.
    (This can currently be worked-around by using the Duplicate function, however this requires extra time/diskspace/etc.)

Thank you for your continued works on Wrye Bash.

Fixed the UI not refreshing, will be in 282.
Looking into transferring install state, should make 282.

Another UI problem here too since 281 (besides the odd window focus behaviour mentioned earlier - I guese everyone gets that as standard since it was not addressed?
quote from thread #38 - "The only glitch I experience is a cosmetic window focus problem. I usually have a Tools folder on the desktop, open it and run a copy of Wrye bash icon from there. When I start the re-build of bashed patch, wrye bash loses focus and/or a window behind it jumps to the front. Also half way through the re-build, the progress window will sometimes disappear, eventually coming back when Wrye bash becomes 'responsive' again.
Edit: The builds always complete without further problems, its just odd window behaviour.")

Anyway new one = using ctrl up/down in the Installers tab to move a package, does not scroll the list when the package you are moving goes above or below the currently viewable list. Edit - it worked okay in 279

ctrl up/down in the Mods tab works fine as usual for adjusting load order with new mods not included yet in the boss masterlist, just this problem in the Installers tab.

Not sure what's happening with the UI focus. Will look into it later, but it won't make 282.
Will look into the ctrl-up/down issue, should make 282.

Fixing these last few issues, and then I'll release 282 to the public. Shouldn't take too much time.
willow

Post » Fri May 13, 2011 10:31 am

That happened to me too. I reported the bug in v279. I thought it was fixed in v280, but I have not used it in a while, and I only looked at it for a day.
TWITTER.COM

Post » Fri May 13, 2011 11:53 pm

Not sure what's happening with the UI focus. Will look into it later, but it won't make 282.
Will look into the ctrl-up/down issue, should make 282.
Fixing these last few issues, and then I'll release 282 to the public. Shouldn't take too much time.

Cool, oh wait that means I delayed the release... sharp exit :bolt:
JERMAINE VIDAURRI

Post » Sat May 14, 2011 2:49 am

So the latest release with the "traceback errors" fixes is coming out today, then? Sweet.
Beat freak

Post » Sat May 14, 2011 3:06 am

Renamed install states fixed.
Ctrl-up/down fixed. Took the most time...was rather bothersome to get just right.

Packaging 282 right now for uploading.
Bellismydesi

Post » Sat May 14, 2011 12:14 am

Wrye Bash 282 released! Available at both TESNexus and Sourceforge.

Main post has the changelog.

If you downloaded the pre-release, you should update.
{Richies Mommy}

Post » Sat May 14, 2011 2:02 am

Let me be the first to say thanks it seems to work like a charm so far.
I love YOu

Post » Fri May 13, 2011 3:17 pm

2.82 load a little faster I noticed and build patches a little faster has well so that is nice. Built a fcom bashed patch in less than 6 minutes with content checkers activated, import scripts, etc..
neil slattery

Post » Fri May 13, 2011 4:29 pm

WOW... :goodjob:
* WOWInstallers is Quite a bit faster, and it took 280 >7min to build a patch, I just rebuilt the same ome in ~3min.
Lalla Vu

Post » Fri May 13, 2011 12:27 pm

Everything's fine, except an esp has purple text. Nice fix dude!
Cameron Wood

Post » Fri May 13, 2011 10:59 am

If the esp has the NoMerge tag, the purple text is intentional. It shows that the esp would be mergeable if it didn't have the NoMerge tag.
David Chambers

Post » Fri May 13, 2011 11:34 am

Thank you for the update, I think along the way you may have inadvertantly resolved the window focus problem, I have not done many re-builds of the bashed patch since, a couple needed ones plus another just to test the window focus again... Its not happening so far. B)

Scrolling is working as expected in the Installers tab now, but one bug remains. Grab a package with ctrl up/down, drag it to the bottom of the list, let go of control and the up/down keys, you still have the package highlighted, now just move the cursor key up or down without control... doesn't happen every time but the highlighted cursor position will jump up to the top of the list instead of just to the next up or down package, use the scroll bar with the mouse to find it way up there.

Apart from that I must add it all feels a lot quicker now, I just revised and repackaged my BAIN installers for QTP3 Redimized plus patch, UOPs plus patches, QTP3 follow up, UMP and UOP 325 supplement, RAEVWD necessaries for that lot followed by AWLS
Long story but threw that lot into my installers folder, loaded up Wrye bash, let the scan complete, un-installed and deleted the previous similar bunch of installers, installed the new ones without taking out all the rest of the mods in there, anneal all... Beeeeautiful. Everything working marvellously. Boss button, rebuild bashed patch, TES4Lodgen from its shiny new button, load game after updating save... not a hitch.

Stable, no purples, only the expected yellow conflicts for overwritten textures/meshes, otherwise green across the board.

My only question is when are you lot going to get snaffled up by gamesas to show them how to do the next game properly?.
Mel E

Post » Fri May 13, 2011 10:01 pm

I thought that scrolling issue was fixed. That really bugged me using v279, so I switched it with v276 whenever I ran into BAIN problems. My bashed patch still takes about 7 minutes to rebuild; however, I do have about 350 plugins there, merged them a bit though...only 260 installed plugins.
k a t e

Post » Sat May 14, 2011 1:08 am

The scrolling has been fixed in as far as the list now scrolls when you drag a package off-screen, so the list scrolls where you are taking the package in the install order, but theres just a little bug left where if you move the cursor without dragging a package afterwards it can jump to either end of the list again off screen instead of just the few places up or down the list you would expect it to move.

My total mods list after installation is not so many just now, about 64, takes 1 minute 40 seconds, previous to this update it took up to 2 minutes so definately a performance improvement, and not getting those window un-responsive moments either which usually happened just before the window focus problem.
nath

PreviousNext

Return to IV - Oblivion