Do you have crashes with Sounds of Skyrim? Try my fix.

Post » Sun May 27, 2012 9:52 am

Simple and relatively easy change, to hopefully fix the crashes with Sounds of Skyrim. All I did was go into Wrye Bash and set both SoS.esps to master files. Like I said, simple and relatively easy. Still, a lot of people don't know or can't use Wrye Bash or even know to do this fix. You still need to download Sounds of Skyrim (both wild and dungeons), as I don't and won't add the sound files to the mod.

Granted, if you use a lot of mods and crash anyway...it probably won't stop that. However, from the comments...this has helped quite a few people. It worked for me, in any case.

Here is the link: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=16375

Also, supposedly master files leave permanent things into a save, even after removing a master file mod...but, I've heard no complaints from those who removed the file or anything else wrong that had to do with the mod. Should still be easy enough to remove. This was in one of the comments on the mod page.

However, if you really like or just want to use Sounds of Skyrim, but can't use it due to crashes...this will hopefully fix it for you.

It doesn't fix bird sounds in caves (I plan to go in Creation Kit and mess around with it, see if I can't see what may be causing it) or compatibility issues with other mods. All this does (at least for now, unless I or someone beats me to it, get bird sounds fixed) is hopefully fix crashing.
Kay O'Hara

Return to V - Skyrim