About extracting .bsa

Post » Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:09 pm

Hello everyone,

I was thinking to extract some of the bsa of the mods in my load order toi keep the total count of esp, esm and bsa below the 325 cap.

My question is if the mods would work as intended once the bsa is extracted or if I need to take some other steps.

Phillip Hamilton

Post » Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:12 pm

They'll work, they can be unpacked, just note that some of them may contain similar filepath/file names and you may have to overwrite. Best to let something like Wrye Bash handle it. I have all my BSAs extracted and set up as bash installers. Since the vanilla bsas are quite sizely this makes adding/removing them take a bit longer than I'd like, but I don't have to worry about missing texture, meshes, etc due to how wrye bash handles installation order. When I install a mod with bsas I extract them before repacking them into wrye bash.

Back up your archives someplace else in case you change your mind for whatever reason.

Spooky Angel

Post » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:40 pm

Thank you for your help :tops:

I have another question. What I have to do with the dummies .esp whose only function was to load the .bsa? Once the bsa is gone, I don't need to keep these .esp active, right?

Stefanny Cardona

Post » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:38 am

Correct. They are useless without their BSAs they are used to load.

RAww DInsaww

Return to IV - Oblivion