EA Access how does it work?

Post » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:30 pm

I am thinking of getting it, my son wants it, so we would get the $30 version for the year. So for example you have Dragon Age Origins on it. Do you get the full version of the game with all the DLC or is it just the base game?

Also how would it work? By that I mean for example, I bought Fallout 4 on my xbox. Somehow it installed on my son's xbox. I guess because it was mine it was the primary xbox for me. So if we get EA Access would I be able to install it on my Xbox but since my sons Xbox is my primary xbox still, would he still be able to play the games as well?

Thank you for your time.

Prue

Post » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:16 pm

You get to demo upcoming releases, a discount on EA digital purchases and unlimited access to a limited selection of games.

Most likely these are just the base games (no DLC), there are currently 21 games in that vault.

It doesn't apply to any other games, so Fallout 4 wouldn't take advantage at all. You couldn't transfer the game to another console (at least not the digital version).

IMHO, it isn't worth it. Most of the games in the vault are sports games which have limited lifespans and online multiplayer games like Battlefield and Titanfall which will eventually stop working.

The whole Playstation Plus / Xbox Live Gold Games system is a million times better. For Xbox, you can download free two games per console (2 for XBOX 360, 2 for XBOX One) each month, once downloaded they are yours for the lifetime of the digital service. The only catch is that you have a limited time period to download the game.

Also the subscription services gives you access to multiplayer features. PS Plus / Xbox Live Gold also give discounts on digital game purchases (better selection then the EA store).

T. tacks Rims

Post » Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:38 pm

Thanks for the post. That bites DLC are not included. Going to be hard to justify it and explain to my son DLC are not included.

Yeah most of the games in the Vault I don't care for except for Dragon Age, and the games I did like I already bought 2 years ago lol. Thing is, it's more for my son which he likes the online games and loves the sports games. Sadly I just bought him Fifa 16 and now it's in the vault. Argh we have like 4 or 5 games in the vault already lol. But for $30 I thought it was still a great deal so he can play the games he likes. I was just hoping to play Dragon Age on my Xbox to try it out.

Amy Cooper

Post » Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:21 am

Dragon Age: Inquisition is 20USD/digital for the deluxe version. Unless you want at least 80% of the vault games then it makes no sense to pay 30USD/year for a 20USD game.

Oops 30USD/year not month :P

Isabel Ruiz

Post » Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:29 am

I thought for $30 a year was a great deal for all the sport games for my son to play. He wants those sports games even though he has Fifa 16. Hockey, football and basketball, I think it's great for him.

*edit* I had to edit as well, I see you made a mistake with the $30/month. :)

gemma king

Post » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:11 pm

Yeah, I gotta agree with that, especially for Xbox. (While PS4 might have a more diverse library, Xbox consistently offers better free games, imo.)

But both companies offer many sales and discounts for Plus/Gold memberships through-out the year. Often games on sale are even cheaper than buying a used copy at a local game store.

If you really enjoy all the EA sport games though, then it might be a worthwhile choice.

Add Meeh

Return to Othor Games