Addspell and addperk not working since dawnguard

Post » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:57 am

I have an extensive vampire mod that dawnguard has caused some issues with. I have several spells that will no longer add to the player, and perks. I have debugs running to test if the player has these perks, and they never get added, even though the code is there. If I load a save game, my spells work fine, but with new games after dawnguard it won't add.

I noticed I can no longer add any more lines of code to the playervampirequestscript. So I started using notepad++ to get around this character limitation. Could this be the problem? I am using the default compiler since I couldn't get the compiler to work with notepad ++. So I edit the script, open it in the CK then save it in the CK which compiles it.

Are there any known quirks to perks or spells which makes it so you cannot add them to the player? Even before dawnguard I would get problems trying to add spells from time to time. Like I would make a new spell and hook it to my magic effect then it would add again. It is possible I edited my magic effect a bit after I already had the spell in its basic form, and then I made it into a spell that would not be possible to have. I know that is hard to understand but from what I have seen, the CK will only allow certain magic effects to be added to certain types of spells. Like certain magic effects can only be attached to a hand spell,not a voice power. So perhaps I broke the spell by editing its magic effect after I attached it to the base spell?

It's only some stuff I made that won't add. I can add vanilla spells.
Tiffany Holmes

Post » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:21 am

If I load a save game, my spells work fine, but with new games after dawnguard it won't add.
mole, what if you do:
  • New game
  • Save
  • Exit to Main Menu (optional, maybe ...)
  • Load Game
?

(are any of your controlling quests "start game enabled"?)
Matthew Barrows

Post » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:01 am

mole, what if you do:
  • New game
  • Save
  • Exit to Main Menu (optional, maybe ...)
  • Load Game
?

(are any of your controlling quests "start game enabled"?)
On a new game some of my powers and perks do not get added. Sometimes to fix it, I have to make a copy of my spell, rename it and then edit the script to add the renamed one. LIke there is some kind of corruption going on with the spell name? Is this a save game problem or a problem with my mod?

When I said an old save works, I meant a character that has the spell already can cast the spell and it works properly. So the spell is a functional spell is what I meant.
Taylah Haines

Post » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:40 am

I solved the problem. Even though the properties were shown as filled, somehow they were not. I did do some re-arranging of the properties in the script so maybe that reindexed them or something strange. Anyhow, I removed the property by commenting it out of the script, loaded the game, saved it, added the properties back in, compiled it, then added the properties to the quest script with the auto fill button, and it works great now. What a frustrating ordeal, I hope my misfortune helps someone at some point.
lauren cleaves

Post » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:20 am

Blimey, mole; Well done for figuring a fix!

I would agree the "amendments" of your properties probably "unfilled" things that were previously filled ... I get the occasional "oddity" when making big changes to script-properties.
CYCO JO-NATE

Return to V - Skyrim