Advanced Restoration Training Quest Bug

Post » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:46 am

I am getting the same bug whenever I attempt to complete the Advanced Restoration quest in Kvatch with Oleta.

Whenever you ask Oleta for training in the NPC dialogue window by clicking "Training", suddenly the number of "Kvatch" topics in Oleta's dialogue window start to multiply.

If you click on one of these "Kvatch" topics, then the others suddenly disappear.

This bug is happening after the Castle of Kvatch has been liberated, not sure that makes a difference or not.

I know that weird glitches in Oblivion such as this can cause crashes later on in the game, it happens to me a lot that when some weird bug happens it can eventually corrupt an entire saved game file.

Anyone know a workaround for this?

Charlotte X

Post » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:52 am

Oleta's response to the "Training" topic calls RefreshTopicList; all dialogues at the end of master training quests do. It's ostensibly to show the training icon but it's unnecessary because the menu would automatically refresh since it's moving from showing a dialogue response to the dialogue menu.

It causes no harm and leaving the dialogue or going to the persuasion menu and back will fix the duplicate topics.
ZANEY82

Post » Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:57 pm

Thanks for the explanation.

My saved games have sometimes corrupted from small errors.

I haven't had any crashes yet after this happened, so I'm glad this is not an issue. :)

Sara Lee

Return to IV - Oblivion