Alcohol Addiction

Post » Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:57 am

Wasn't much information on the wikis about addiction in fallout 4 so thought i'd ask.

What's the negative effects of alcohol addiction?

I've never given much thought about how addiction works in fallout 4 but i presume it's like previous title - when the alcohol effects wear of when you're addicted the negative effects kick in. So I guess this means it's not a good idea to roleplay alcoholist since i'll be getting the negative effects straight after the effect of a beverage wears off? Since the effects wears off in like a minute.

I'm planning on making a melee character build with strenght, endurance and some luck. With the flaw of being an alcoholist. But I was hoping the negative effects of addiction would kick in if i haven't been drinking anything in let's say a day. If it worked like that it would actually be quite a nice flaw to play with it, having to hunt for booze to ease my withdrawals for the day. Doing it every minute, however, just seems very very annoying.

In addition to those two questions, here's a third one: Is it possible for a mod that alters when the withdrawal effects kick in without affecting how long the alcohol stat boost applies? Or is the geck needed?

I could always try and go for the party boy perk but first of all I don't want to spend 7 point in charisma (this perk seems more fitting in endurance in my opinion and certainly not that high in the charisma tree) and secondly I actually WANT to have a chance to get addicted (adds a bit of flavor to the playthrough)

Heather Dawson

Post » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:52 pm

perhaps you could carry one of the antidotes to addiction and use when you feel it's necessary, or visit a doctor for a cure.

flora

Post » Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:30 am

Addiction isn't automatic and (if it works the same way as other drugs in the game) it'll just be a penalty to a couple of stats. You can fix it at a clinic, or by cooking a radscorpion omelet or brewing a "refreshing beverage".

There's also perks to help. Party Guy and Chem resistant should both help. I think.

Sudah mati ini Keparat

Post » Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:56 am

As I mentioned I won't/can't use the party boy perk in the build i'm going to make (low charisma) and I don't want to "cure" it. I wan't the character to be an alcoholist and suffer from "withdrawal" when he doesn't have any alcohol. Add a bit of extra flavour for the playthrough. But it won't really work if it is the way I suspect and when the alcohol bonuses wears off (after a minute), I'll suffer from withdrawal. I was hoping it would be that i'll suffer from withdrawals like after a day without consuming alcohol.

Anyway, I guess I'll keep my fingers crossed for a mod that does somethnig similar (although don't remember any such mods from previous titles). I also found out now that the withdrawal is -1 agility and -1 charisma, which I guess could be acceptable since that won't focus on those 2 specials.

Jennie Skeletons

Post » Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:06 pm

Yeah you suffer withdrawals as soon as the effect wears off (assuming you're addicted of course.)
James Rhead

Post » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:36 am

Is that some kind of alcohol connoisseur?

Kit Marsden

Post » Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:32 pm

The negative repercussions aren't too bad, if you aren't taking partyboy alcohol svcks as an item. You could get a junkie weapon and stack max addictions for high damage.
Joey Avelar

Post » Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:52 am

Shhh... Alcoholic*

Channing

Return to Fallout 4