All factions take over locations?

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:43 am

Just wondering about this. I am starting a new character and doing a few minuteman quests to get some settlements unlocked. All of a sudden I am noticing Minutemen popping up in several locations where there would have been raiders or other baddies. Do the other 3 factions do this as well? Kind of not liking that. I'll probably side with someone other than the Minutemen this play thru, so am wondering if all the factions do this as you get further along in their quest lines?
victoria johnstone

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:11 pm

Yeah. You'll see patrols of BoS walking around (and their Vertibirds). You'll see RR agents. Even

Spoiler
Institute Synths

will be found in area's later on.

So yeah, there will be encounters with these groups. Not sure why you wouldn't like it though. It just shows that the group is having more influence thanks to you.

Vicky Keeler

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:06 am

I would have loved to have seen some sign of the MM without my characters input, I had one patrol in 90 + hours of gameplay......this combined with Preston is why the don't exist in my current playthrough.

Nymph

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:53 pm

Seemed like in my first play thru they took over a lot of areas where mobs would have been. But I suppose there are still a lot of spots to farm raiders and the like.
Shae Munro

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:20 pm

The further you get into the story, the more of them you'll see as well.. If you get to a certain point with the Bos, almost every time you get into heavy gun fire, they'll drop on your position and "help-out" This can get really annoying during any sort of exploration. I found it best to do all of the world exploration before getting to the point where the Prydwin comes... On that note, I've never seen the Railroad faction outside guarding or doing anything. If you side with them, you obviously wouldn't have to deal with the Bos scumming your xp post end-game.

Chloe Yarnall

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:12 am

Oh, cool, did not know that about the railroad. Maybe I will side with them. On a side note, if you kill the guards from whatever faction you are with at certain location, will they come back, or will your faction turn against you? Was thinking of this as a solution to having them everyplace you go.
Guy Pearce

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:17 am

I dont think the entire faction will turn against you (but I could be wrong). After siding with

Spoiler
the Institute, I've killed synths posted at outposts to get their armor without any negative effects. Well aside from everyone at the outpost turning hostile toward me, but I'm still in the institute's good graces. Not sure if the synths are unique in this respect as they are just robots.

If everyone at an outpost dies, they'll respawn eventually. There are also crates that refill at the outposts where you can nab extra ammo and weapons.

Jamie Lee

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:45 pm

I think you're safe as long is there is no 'named' NPC in the group you kill and your current companion isn't part of that group.

Though I'll add I wouldn't bother just killing all your friendly NPC's just because, unless that's just the role-play you are doing. It's always pretty easy to find enemies to kill in FO4. Note however if you are wanting to level up you get a lot more EXP just doing side-quests for factions than from kills.

Tracy Byworth

Return to Fallout 4