- All things Elder Scrolls -

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:49 am

Hello there and well met!

My names Chris, It's nice to meet you all. I am new around here, I wished to join for two reasons really.

Firstly, to, well it may sound crazy but to thank Bethesda for making The Elder Scrolls. For I suffer with asperger's syndrome, social anxiety/phobia which prevents me from mixing with people and venomous depression, I have had these illness's for 12 years now. Please don't think I am looking for sympathy for that is not the case. I know my lot could be far worse and I am far better off than some poor souls.

Because of this I have lived a life mostly home bound and The Elder Scrolls has been a tremendous escapism for me, when my own world has been so dark I wished to end it, I found myself straying into the fair valleys of Cyrodill, wandering the streets of the Imperial City. Climbing the seven thousand steps, having a meal at the Bannered Mare.

I cannot put into words what a help The Elder Scrolls has been to me, I know Bethesda are a massive business with little concern for one customer, but as I play their games I feel more than “this is just a product made for money.” I can really feel the passion and love that has gone into these wonderful works of art; from the smallest flower to the highest mountain, the music that still can bring a tear to my eye, the humorous guards. The Dragons majesty, to the mudcrabs humility. Every aspect of The Elder Scrolls world is simply marvellous.

I have so many characters I'm playing and planning for both Oblivion and Skyrim, often during the day I roleplay in my head, crazy maybe but when my mind becomes so dark, it can be a relief. The music from Oblivion, ESO, Morrowind, and Skyrim too is right up there with LOTR, it is so fresh and new, yet feels as old as the mountains and as timeless as Nirn.

I do not know if any of the Bethesda team will ever read this post, probably not, but in this world people are quick enough to complain but often slow to thank. So thank you Todd Howard & everyone at Bethesda, your games have changed my life, they are a daily help to me and an inspiration that I cannot put into words.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My second reason is this, since The Elder Scrolls have been, and are still a huge part of my life, I love to immerse myself in their rich worlds. Sometimes literally all I think about is The Elder Scrolls. Crazy, I know, but when my mind is so terribly dark, they provide such peace to me. I enjoy making little props of items from the Worlds of Skyrim and Oblivion. I have a passion for Photography, I'm not very good, but I love taking atmospheric pictures of my creations. I thought that my works may interest, entertain (or even amuse) some of the folks on here. I hope they may even inspire some people to try their own hand at art, in this world of digital gadgets, many of us miss out on the simple pleasure of creating something with our hands

As I have said I adore the music from The Elder Scrolls and I enjoy bringing the music to life in a way, making a picture or piece of art that captures the essences of a song.

Well I have rambled on enough! I hope this is posted in the right section. Here are some pictures:

-----

Skyrim Dragon Language prop - http://fav.me/d6dew4b

Fallen Alchemist - http://fav.me/d6r0tu9

Skyrim misc item's - http://fav.me/d82nmsm

-----

Thank you for reading/looking, I hope to keep this thread regularly updated with Elder Scrolls themed pictures.

Wind guide you,

-Chris

Rachel Cafferty

Post » Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:54 am

Thanks for sharing both your thoughs and your art, Erinus.

Ashley Campos

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion