Alternate to obsolete Nexus Mod Manager?

Post » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:27 pm

I updated to some kind of community patch for the abandoned Nexus Mod Manager and it completely destroyed my mod installs. I would like a suggestion for an alternate mod manager. I have tried Mod Organizer, but it is not user friendly at all, and I am quite new to modding.

Eilidh Brian

Post » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:04 pm

Nexus Mod Manager is not abandoned. They are redesigning it since they have now one of the people behind Mod Organizer. Mod Organizer I believe will no longer be worked on. I do not use Mod Organizer so I do not know if there are any plans for it.

http://www.nexusmods.com/games/news/12905/?

You can use Wyre Bash to install mods for Skyrim and Oblivion.

You can use Bethesda built in mod manager to install mods that are available from bethesda.net if running the Special Edition of Skyrim,

Robert Jackson

Post » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:38 pm

I'm using NMM 0.61.23 - it works fine for the most part. I - um.... well, I haven't upgraded to the latest version.... because I had SERIOUS issues with it after attempting the upgrade. 0.61.23 works - as long as the power doesn't go out with it open.... Yeah. Don't ask.

Susan Elizabeth

Post » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:39 am

Well I have only been using Bethesda.net for Special Edition on the PC and Xbox One and I like it.

Luis Longoria

Post » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:33 am

Using nmm and loot to get over 100 mods of various size to work together perfectly. This is a broken platform huh?
naana

Post » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:05 pm

Please explain the "not user friendly" part. I found Mod Organizer very easy to use with Skyrim. Skyrim-SE does have some compatibility issues and MO2 isn't quite ready and may never be. Is it SkyrimSE 64-bit you're having the problems with? Also are you playing on console or PC? I think it matters to get a good answer.

It's the "works for the most part" that bothers me about using the new NMM for Skyrim-SE. The lack of a easy to use, reliable mod installer is one of the reasons I'm waiting on switching to Skyrim-SE. That and that some of the mods I like may not ever be ported over.

Genocidal Cry

Post » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:18 pm

I'm using that as well, for PC. But I run my load order through LOOT, and force SSE to comply with LOOT's version. I trust LOOT. I DO NOT trust beth's setup. Then again, I don't play SSE much - because I don't have SSKE for SSE - so.... WAY too many mods I need aren't available.

@Macole: "for the most part" isn't anything to do with how NMM manages stuff. It's to do with losing power (a common occurrence here in the winter) while NMM is open - which means I lose my profiles, and there's no way to get them back. This is something that most people will never have to deal with.... I live in a very out-of-the-way area, and winter - well I LOVE me my winter - but losing power with NMM open.... it's seriously problematic.

I've gone to copying the ModProfiles folder to a backup drive every morning. Nope, doesn't help when NMM chokes (because there's no way to retrieve those profiles since no one ever bothered to make that an imperative) - but at the very least, I can figure out what each girl had active the last time I logged on, so I don't get the dreaded "missing files" message....

Nicole M

Post » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:06 am

I'm basically in the same boat only I'm using LOOT and W-Bash to install. W-Bash to install, Loot to sort, manually adjust W-Bash load order to LOOT, run bash patch and finally I can start game. Won't it be nice when all these pieces start working well together like one integrated system?

I'm hoping that soon along with SKSE64, SKYUI and LOOT one installer method will stand out above the others. What I would really like to do is manual install mods but that gets kind of messy with modders using FOMO and BSA setups. I can see myself spending more time breaking mods down and setting them back up than I do playing.

Dean

Post » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:34 pm

Eh.... SKSE is only likely to be in beta in March or April. It's - not going to happen any time soon.... I actually manually install in SSE, then run LOOT and force SSE to comply. I have to say though - I don't play SSE much. Because I don't have my "real" mods yet. So... it's not - happening. Probably won't for a very long time.

Thing is.... modded oldrim is - for me - absolutely stable and works perfectly. So.... that's what I play.

Josh Lozier

Post » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:00 pm

I do not use profiles. I do not even like the idea of it. It just spells trouble for me. I just play with one character at a time and use the mods I have installed at the time. When I am done with the character I usually just wipe everything and start from scratch. Less headaches that way. I really do not need any mod that uses SKSE and the ones that did looks like they have been ported over to Xbox One or bethesda.net. I have not used loot for Skyrim SE or even the old version for quite sometime and prefer to do it manually. I also do not use that many mods usually under 6 and maybe a dozen at most, depending on the mod and what it changes.

zoe

Post » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:37 pm

It's funny, I find it more user friendly to just manually install mods over Mod Organizer :D

The interface is just a bit... crowded. Or something. I get Interface Dyslexia from it.

Dean Brown

Post » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:32 pm

If you're happy with one character at a time, that's fine. I'm not. If you're happy with beth.net, that's fine. I'm not. If you're happy with 6 mods, that's fine. I'm not happy totally yet - with 215 mods.

I'm an envelope pusher. Apparently you're not.

Casey

Post » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:53 pm

"Abandoned"? Troll much?

Dagan Wilkin

Post » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:21 pm

I would like to know where you got the idea that NMM was abandoned and that a community patch was needed. And what community?

BRIANNA

Post » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:49 am

Sorry that you are not happy yet.

We all have different needs and wants in the game.

luis dejesus

Post » Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:51 pm

was not aware there was a community patch for NMM. It handled my 320+ mods with 0 problems. My only request is a robust backup system, instead of having to uninstall and reinstall whenever there is a major update.

Erich Lendermon

Return to V - Skyrim