Ambience...

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:14 pm

New features, better graphics yada yada yada. To me this game needs to kick the ambience level to 11. Morrowind had tons of it. So much of it in fact, you would be absorbed into Vvardenfell just by playing.

Since the new generation of games(around 2004ish), this important piece to gaming has been missing. TES: Oblivion was one of the countless that felt like there was no soul. Graphics...action...done.

I really hope Bethesda brings back their old ways of game developing. At risk of sounds like a complete geek, I want to live in Skyrim...not play in it.

Make it happen!
Vicki Gunn

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:15 pm

I agree.

Though i think its culture that needs to be brought back, not just ambience.

I want to feel like that nord in the corner has a little too much mead in his system and a mispoken word means his imminent assault on me. His brother hates me now, so does the guardsmen who are related to thier family..... I love dynamic and interactive relationships between NPC's...

I want to see thier way of lives in Skyrim. NOT just close shop, go to tavern, eat apple, talk to larry, go home to sleep, wake up, open shop, repeat! That's terrible.
celebrity

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:39 am

I want to see thier way of lives in Skyrim. NOT just close shop, go to tavern, eat apple, talk to larry, go home to sleep, wake up, open shop, repeat! That's terrible.

I agree that that would be cool, but you can't really complain about Oblivion doing that. I mean, compare it to Morrowind: people just stood there. It was a big jump even if it wasn't what they promised with Radiant AI and it's still a lot better than almost every other rpg which a lot of the time still just has NPCs standing around doing **** all. I'm hoping we'll see some improvements in the AI tech for Skyrim either way though. And hopefully, better pathfinding!
Susan Elizabeth

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:53 am

When you look at the jump in AI complexity from Morrowind to Oblivion, it's staggering. That makes me very excited what the AI system in Skyrim will be like (much like what we all expected/hoped for in Oblivion).
Marcus Jordan

Return to V - Skyrim