Another missing level with an interesting gameplay mechanic

Post » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:42 pm

https://twitter.com/sneaky_bastards
Dishonored once featured a cut level set in a lunatic asylum with inmates that were extremely sensitive to sound. http://t.co/QIfULioC

So I guess this is yet another level that wasn't put into the game and it sounds quite good as well.
Richard Dixon

Post » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:11 pm

Here's to seeing the missing levels (i.e. asylum and lawyer) as DLC!
bonita mathews

Post » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:24 am

Hope so.
adam holden

Post » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:46 am

Exactly how many missing levels are there? After having played the game, my guess was that half of it was missing... it would be interesting to know how close I was/am.
Donatus Uwasomba

Post » Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:36 am

Exactly how many missing levels are there? After having played the game, my guess was that half of it was missing... it would be interesting to know how close I was/am.

How can you possibly, with any rational and logical thinking, deduce that HALF the game is missing. What logic would lead to that statement?

There are 3 levels that I know of that are missing. Keep in mind that this comes from a friend who is a ZeniMax employee and a lot of searching on the internet. One of them was the earliest signs of gameplay, revealed at QuakeCon 2011 and that was a level where you had to assassinate a corrupt lawyer who drove people out of their homes by falsely accusing that they were plague victims. There are screenshots of the level. Another one was visiting a tomb, there is little information known about that but it is in the files I believe. And lastly is the one I showed.

I believe there are more levels cut out but that's a normal process for a game's development. A lot of things are cut out and time constraints don't exactly help that.
RaeAnne

Post » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:44 pm

I hope they just give us more Corvo missions where ever in the timeline and make the adjustments to all the vanilla levels accordingly. This will extend the core game and give us more runes which I could always use more of! Save the other character/location for a full fledged sequel.
c.o.s.m.o

Post » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:33 am

Only if it's free.
Nichola Haynes

Return to Othor Games