Any Pokemon card collectors out there?

Post » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:30 pm

Last night I had bought a new pack of Pokémon cards (XY BREAKpoint) that were sealed and not tampered with. When I opened the pack, one of the cards was a Meganium. I already have one that is holographic and it has the star at the bottom right corner. The Meganium in the new pack I bought has a circle at the bottom right corner instead of a star. Is this considered a misprint, or could it possibly be a fake? I haven't been able to find any information online. Thanks for any help in advance!

oliver klosoff

Post » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:15 am

New cards have various versions such as various holo forms. This changes the rarity.
Ludivine Poussineau

Post » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:40 pm

Circle means it is a Common rarity card. Star means it is Rare.

Pete Schmitzer

Post » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:41 am

Shouldn't both Meganium cards be stars, though? The only difference between the two (minus the one I just received showing that is it common) is that the first card is holographic. I have other duplicates where one is holographic and one isn't and they both show that they are rare (has the star at the bottom right hand corner). I did find a source online (Bulbapedia) that explains the rarity of cards. Most commons (circles at the bottom right) are usually basic Pokémon. The final evolution of basic Pokémon are usually rare (star at the bottom right). On Bulbapedia it shows all the Meganium cards and the rarity of each, and none of them are considered common (all of them are rares). That makes me wonder if the Meganium card I pulled last night is a misprint because the pack was brand new and bought from the store. If I had bought the card off of someone already used I would have assumed that the card is a fake.

Kelly John

Post » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:39 pm

It's up to them what cards are rare at the release of the set. But I have many duplicates where the holo is rare ans the non holos are common.
Kortniie Dumont

Post » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:04 pm

It's up to them what cards are rare at the release of the set. But I have many duplicates where the holo is rare ans the non holos are common.
Adriana Lenzo

Return to Othor Games