Any way of making Non Respawning NPC inventories refresh?

Post » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:21 am

I have a mod that adds tons of weapons to the game, some of which I've hand placed in different areas or on specific enemy templates with custom Leveled Lists. In Oblivion, changing an NPC's inventory was as simple as loading my mod changes last, and/or merging the inventory changes in the bashed patch.

Right now though, I can only seem to change the inventories of non-respawning npcs. How Bethesda set up these NPCs is that once you meet an NPC for the first time, if they're a non-respawning NPC they'll have whatever inventory you found them with for the first time forever. They're essentially frozen in time.

What I want the mod to do is to essentially "re rank" each of these non-respawning npc using my custom leveled lists that I gave them, and "unfreeze them from time". I know that a lot of modders have probably had to deal with this problem with NPCs such as followers and the like, and I don't know if anyone has come up with a solution yet... But I"m sort of at the end of my rope with frustration and really want some help T_T.

The npcs I'm looking at in particular are the NPCs in the Stormcloak camps, including the Quartermasters and the Commanders, and the footsoldiers there, and eventually I will be touching on the Imperial Soldiers in my later releases (which is another reason why I want it to work.)

So as a summation, as it is right now, if you start a level 1 character with my mod, it will work fine, but if you're higher level or at different stages in the story, you wont get to see my changes on those NPCs. I want it so that regardless of what point in the main story you're at or who you've seen; you'll be able to experience my mod without having to miss out on anything. So later on when I add changes to the Imperial Soldiers too, you dont miss out on that either.

Does ANYONE have any suggestions on how to do this?

Also if I'm not making a lot of sense and you need more clarification let me know, I'm kind of all over the place since I'm almost done lol.

Thanks in advance, and thanks for reading!
Lauren Denman

Post » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:11 am

Does disabling and enabling them through script work?
KiiSsez jdgaf Benzler

Post » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:53 am

For the console, there's "resetinventory", which does what you want.
Maybe it's also available for scripting?
Craig Martin

Post » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:24 am

Yeah that's what i was hoping for.
Rowena

Post » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:07 am

Do you know where I might have to check in order to see if its available for scripting?
Zualett

Post » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:53 pm

Do you know where I might have to check in order to see if its available for scripting?

http://www.creationkit.com/Category:Scripting
GEo LIme

Return to V - Skyrim