Any way to save Dr. Schilling and Co.?

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:00 pm

I just finished the Veronica's quest, I Could Make You Care, and I told her to leave the Brotherhood of Steel. On the way out of the bunker, I told the paladins that confronted us that they didn't need to worry about Veronica as she was leaving. Went to the Follower's Outpost, waited a day, and the occupants were murdered by the Brotherhood. I was wondering if there was any way to avoid this. I tried going back and doing the speech check telling the paladins that new ideas were good (or something like that), but the same thing happened. I got the paladins to leave me alone with Terrifying Presence, but the quest wouldn't end until I killed them. My question is: is there anyway, short of telling Veronica to stay with the Brotherhood, to prevent this from happening? Is there something I could do to prevent this? Change the timing? Sending Veronica back to base before visiting the outpost for the first time? Going back to the Lucky 38 first? I would like to avoid the outcome, but I don't want to bother trying different things if it's not possible.

Another question: does it really matter, story wise if you pass the speech check after leaving with Veronica?

Thanks,

Spacetime

Tyrone Haywood

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:13 am

Short awnser: no.

And yes, the speech check dont change anything.
Crystal Birch

Post » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:29 am

Thanks! Saw this post this morning and moved on in the game.

cheryl wright

Return to Fallout: New Vegas