Are my wasteland days over?

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:07 am

Hey guys. Remember me? :wavey:

I'm the guy that previously told you about my dissatisfaction with the way the Main quest ended after 65 hours.

Well, I downloaded all the DLC and went back for more - a second playthrough as an evil character - and mostly enjoyed it...all 75+ hours of it this time.

The vanilla ending was actually quite a bit better as I had started out Evil and progressively got to Very Evil (devil), then finally became a neutral character.

On a side note, it seemed like the game kind of forced me to do a bunch of good deeds toward the end there to boost me up to neutral.

After all, I had collected slaves, killed friendly npcs and stolen and pillaged...a LOT, so I deserved to be maybe at least evil.

Maybe it's determined by how big a thing you are doing in the grand scheme of things. But anyway, I don't want to lose the point here.

Spoiler
Well, as you know, after you blow up the air force base thingy and come back to Elder Lyons, he gives a speech and mentions that there

are two other characters who have 'tasks' for you to accomplish

Well, the tasks they give you seem like busywork, so I'm pretty sure that if there are no

other more pressing missions, that I will hang it up at this point.

BTW, ending the game this way is - in a way - even worse than the original ending.... :P it's so unceremonious.

Unless I am missing something. I'm thinking they left it open-ended to be true to the nature of this being a sandbox game, but there should be a way

to trigger an end sequence all over again, am I right?

Anyway, any suggestions on how to officially hang it up? I dumped all my gear in the middle of the citadel, instead of at Tenpenny, where I live, but I think I may be done. :(

:)

:violin:
Kerri Lee

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:41 am

Fallout 3, is like Oblivion. You don't beat it, you live it. At least in my opinion. Have you explored the wastes? Perhaps a new role-playing character? There are a lot of wonderful unmarked locations. I'm on my tenth character. This is probably my last one. Perhaps create a new character with skills the complete opposite of what you would normally take. You don't have to do any quests, if you don't want to. Just wander and enjoy. :)
Sam Parker

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:04 pm

Man, I think I found like every location. There were times when I would just explore and discover new markers. I would see a marker and would walk toward it,

would sometimes get distracted by a different marker and go toward that one, kill some enemies, find a quest, etc. You are right, but I started to lose patience

toward the end. Maybe I just need a break. I did thoroughly enjoy all of the dlc's though...Even Mothership Zeta, despite what people say.

Cheers
electro_fantics

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:22 am

Man, I think I found like every location. There were times when I would just explore and discover new markers. I would see a marker and would walk toward it,

would sometimes get distracted by a different marker and go toward that one, kill some enemies, find a quest, etc. You are right, but I started to lose patience

toward the end. Maybe I just need a break. I did thoroughly enjoy all of the dlc's though...Even Mothership Zeta, despite what people say.

Cheers

Maybe it's time to start a new character.
megan gleeson

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:37 am

for me, im on my second character, i had my first character die in a gun fight, he was going for a stroll in his duster coat, only had a .32 got ambushed by raiders and shot to death, than i started my 2nd character
Catherine N

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:34 am

Fallout 3, is like Oblivion. You don't beat it, you live it.

I don't see this as after completing OB's MQ you can play on. FO3 'ends'. Now not being familiar with FO3 I intentionally avoided spoilers or even mild hints but this seriously sux. Aside from that I stopped levelling @ 20. So I assume the only solution is to start over and avoid the MQ???
Blessed DIVA

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:56 am

I don't see this as after completing OB's MQ you can play on. FO3 'ends'. Now not being familiar with FO3 I intentionally avoided spoilers or even mild hints but this seriously sux. Aside from that I stopped levelling @ 20. So I assume the only solution is to start over and avoid the MQ???

The game does in fact end, if you do not have Broken Steel loaded. With Broken Steel, you can play forever, to your heart's content. As with Oblivion, you can play forever if you want, after that Main Quest. This is one of the reasons why I love Bethesda games.
Kira! :)))

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:07 pm

No. Download the Broken Steel downloadable content, you will be able to level up to 30. Plus, it supposedly adds new areas to existing locations on the map. I can recommend the rest of the downloadable content as well.
Madeleine Rose Walsh

Return to Fallout 3