Asian Race

Post » Fri May 20, 2016 1:38 am

No one is entitled to be represented in a work of fiction. Creators of fiction are not obligated in any way to include what others may feel is needed in their works.

Sorry for the soap box but today's society of "me too" really grates on my nerves.
Enny Labinjo

Post » Thu May 19, 2016 9:39 pm

Which Asians?

Allison C

Post » Thu May 19, 2016 6:55 pm

I'm assuming Orientals. Threw me for a loop too, as i have a good deal of English friends, and Asian to them, is Indian to us across the pond.

Personally, my favourite theory on the Tasesci, and the one i really hope they go with, is that they are, indeed, Vampiric Snake Men. But, as per the law of 'You are what you eat', an extensive diet of man-blood has turned most of them into far more human beings, to the point where only their eyes and a fine golden scale to their skin is noticeable.

Rebecca Clare Smith

Post » Thu May 19, 2016 10:40 pm

Or it could be the more common idea of Tsaesci are both human and the snake-men of akavir. That the "eating of all man" was more of devouring human culture on Akavir before turning it into Tsaesci where the distinction between human and snake-man is just biological but not cultural.

This is the thing about Tamriel, to most the culture is usually based on both race and culture, the only culture that is probably based on more then race is Imperial and even that is mostly seen as a cyrodiilic culture despite having numerous non-cyrodiilic influences in it. So to Tamrielites they see the mixture of Snake-men and humans being the humans were devoured by the cultural and became Tsaesci.
kat no x

Post » Thu May 19, 2016 11:32 pm

Which may or may not mean to actually be eaten. There is much doubt and ambiguity with what's known about the Tsaesci, Much like what Cider! said,

"That the "eating of all man" was more of devouring human culture on Akavir before turning it into Tsaesci where the distinction between human and snake-man is just biological but not cultural."

Kat Stewart

Post » Thu May 19, 2016 8:49 pm

Me and my fellow Goblins will be much offended if the next TES game doesn't allow us to play as ourselves.

Dan Stevens

Post » Thu May 19, 2016 2:42 pm

Actually Goblins could work. The Orsinium Goblins and Ogres are supposedly more civilized then their cousins in places like Cyrodiil and iirc the Altmer keep goblins as slaves so those could be non-hostile and more well spoken by being closer to the altmeri
R.I.p MOmmy

Post » Thu May 19, 2016 7:04 pm

Tamriel is not the United Colors of Benetton.

Leonie Connor

Post » Thu May 19, 2016 6:02 pm

There's a lot of ambiguity about Akavir in general. The tales of what Akavir is like are reminiscent of what Europeans used to say about East Asia, lower Africa, and other places that were far off and exotic, with poorly understood and misrepresented culture and a ton of things that were simply made up. It's kind of like those old maps that showed images of monsters in the uncharted regions.

Andrew Perry

Previous

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion