Assassin's Creed the movie.

Post » Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:36 pm

I received today the latest copy of Entertainment Weekly and it had a brief article on the movie. The movie stars Michael Fassbender as a modern convict and a 15th century Spanish assassin named Aguilar. The movie also stars Jeremy Irons. From what I read the attention to detail in regards to the costume and weapons is amazing. They even have the signature wristblade. According to the article there will be a as yet not known character from the video games. Well that's all I know about the movie, nothing much really only small details.

Here I found a trailer on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDoD3XekhxM

Louise Andrew

Post » Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:18 pm

might be interesting.. i never go to the theaters anymore though ($25 is a little pricey for a ticket, plus snacks would be extra)

the series has gone downhill as far as the games go.. in 1-3, the Desmond portions provided a key link between the games, with and overarching path the gamer slowly sees unfolding with the main portions providing clarity to what was currently happening. that was a key part in making the games interesting.. Black Flag (and to a lesser extent Rogue) had their modern day segments play out quite differently, but it showed the fallout of Desmond & co's journey and thus kept it feeling connected..

then we got Unity, with the way they handled the modern portions (ohh, your hooked up to a VR game console to which we are feeding you data!), and the general tone of hacker "hey do this for us" girl, it felt like they were trying to just milk the franchise while forgetting the overarching themes the games were meant to tackle, and the way hacker lady talks to you makes it feel as if shes talking to a child..

my guess? Warren Vidic.. from the sound of the trailer, sounds like it takes place during the height of the Animus project before it was shut down (certainly before Pheonix project anyways), and since Vidic oversaw the Animus project him making and appearance makes perfect sense

Ymani Hood

Post » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:10 am

I feel like its going to be bad. Like every other movie based on video games.

Laura-Lee Gerwing

Post » Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:11 pm

Just saw a poster for this in the theater after finding out about it today from the thread. Weird.
Lizzie

Post » Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:02 pm

They were filming scenes for the film a few miles from my home a few weeks ago. It was the first time that i realised that Jeremy Irons was in it.

christelle047

Return to Othor Games