Automatron - some issues and feedback

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:17 pm

• Robots equipped with unstable gatling lasers have severe friendly-fire problems. They need to use the same code as settlement turrets, which from my experience are quite careful about not shooting settlers or me. My robot has murdered a number of Settlers found in fights against Rust Devils. The other energy beams are much weaker and in any case, Bethesda can use the turret code they already have. It would also be nice if they didn't fire on crops, what a mess.

• Protectron needs the protectron voice, especially the law enforcement one. It also needs to talk much less than it currently does. Maybe only when combat starts. The new voice is annoying, though I like ADA's.

• Parts dropped by robots needs to be much more varied. I have parts to build several assaultrons, but no mr. handy and very little protectron. I'm well aware you can make these yourself, but why favor assaultron parts so much?

• Just like all the other corpses in game, if you revisit an area too quickly, the robot corpses seem to stick around forever. This needs to be universally fixed - one timer countdown, no matter what the player does.

• Spawn for robot attacks on Castle need to start outside the walls, obviously.

Eric Hayes

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:31 pm

Get the inspirational perk, no more friendly fire from both sides.

The other things are bummers :(
Liv Brown

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:55 am

Does it work for non-hostile NPCs? I suppose I can try.

Sophie Payne

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:34 am

+1 for Protectron voice option!

Veronica Flores

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:42 pm

Ye'h. We need Protectron voices, Mr. voices (Mr. Handy, Mr. Gutsy, and so on), and we really need a Robobrain voice. I really wanna hear more Robobrain dialogue because when I killed one, I literally heard it say something like "Oh. Okay. I go now." upon death and I just crack up laughing from it! I really wanna hear more dialogue from them without having to follow that Jezel one around.

Also, Eyebots. I will always say that we need custom Eyebot companions. Mechanist has one, so we should too!

Nice one

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:08 pm

100% agreed on all fronts...

Manuela Ribeiro Pereira

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:18 am

The main issue I had was that Ada (equipped with lockpicking module) wouldn't pick locks in the two quest related buildings. She wouldn't even register that I had given the order.

Budgie

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:18 pm

it won't be the same as ED-E though, I was expecting them to patch in the ability to have robots with our companions so we have 2 :(

Naughty not Nice

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:02 pm

Two Robot companions good googly moogly! how OP do you want to be? LMAO I haven't even created a robot companion I just upgraded ADA and she already does most of the annihilating work for me, I'm almost tempted to never have a robot companion with how powerful you can make just one, not to mention I can annihilate anything myself on very hard, at this point the only good thing a companion is good for is extra lugging weight and a body to use as a shield or a distraction while I come in guns blazing X-01 style. Although it is quite hilarious and terrifying to watch ADA's Legs get blown off only to still see her charging at the enemy's shooting her Face beam at them.

Lizbeth Ruiz

Post » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:18 pm

How OP i want to be? Not at all, I want to have dogmeat with another companion or a human companion with a assaultron. :(

carla

Post » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:14 am

Hmmm, I have tons of protectron and Mr. Handy bits. I turned one particularly unpleasant robot into the lamest junkbot I could... But make them yourself? That ability I haven't seen, but I'm taking my time and just now got to the Mechanist lair. Since the character doing this was only level 16 at the start, the fights are satisfyingly challenging. To clear one area I lured in a bunch of nearby supermutants. Fun!

I would like more voices. Especially the Ms. Nanny accent Francaise!

SHAWNNA-KAY

Return to Fallout 4