Post » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:21 pm

Whats up with the avatars? Sure, they help you see in a thread where you posted pretty easily, but they're ALL identical. Will this be fixed after the official launch, or is this the new style?
Undisclosed Desires

Post » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:17 am

I'm sure once the initial rush dies down they'll enable more features.
James Wilson

Post » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:49 pm

The official launch of the site is tomorrow. This will probably be fixed within a week.
Chica Cheve

Post » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:20 pm

When his brother is killed in a robbery, paraplegic Marine Jake Sully decides to take his place in a mission on the distant world of Pandora. There he learns of greedy corporate figurehead Parker Selfridge's intentions of driving off the native humanoid "Na'vi" in order to mine for the precious material scattered throughout their rich woodland. In exchange for the spinal surgery that will fix his legs, Jake gathers intel for the cooperating military unit spearheaded by gung-ho Colonel Quaritch, while simultaneously attempting to infiltrate the Na'vi people with the use of an "avatar" identity. While Jake begins to bond with the native tribe and quickly falls in love with the beautiful alien Neytiri, the restless Colonel moves forward with his ruthless extermination tactics, forcing the soldier to take a stand - and fight back in an epic battle for the fate of Pandora. Written by The Massie Twins

In the future, Jake, a paraplegic war veteran, is brought to another planet, Pandora, which is inhabited by the Na'vi, a humanoid race with their own language and culture. Those from Earth find themselves at odds with each other and the local culture. Written by Giorgio_C
gemma

Post » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:46 pm

what? What does that have to do with anything? Thats like a summary of the movie Avatar.... but....??
Melis Hristina

Post » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:47 pm

Hopefully
Marcus Jordan

Post » Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:10 am

yeah probably in the next few days or something
Karine laverre

Post » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:27 pm

They are probably working on this kind of stuff for there forum for the official launch, think of this like we are in a beta version!?!? ;)
Christie Mitchell

Post » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:33 pm

I want my avatar back =(
I bet it's because they want the site to look as good as possible, before it gets flooded with animated .gifs of facepalms and lolcats.
Rach B

Post » Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:01 am

am I the only one loading this site slow... I think their servers are under heavy load because of all the people visiting the site.
luis ortiz

Post » Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:24 am

[quote]When his brother is killed in a robbery, paraplegic Marine Jake Sully decides to take his place in a mission on the distant world of Pandora. There he learns of greedy corporate figurehead Parker Selfridge's intentions of driving off the native humanoid "Na'vi" in order to mine for the precious material scattered throughout their rich woodland. In exchange for the spinal surgery that will fix his legs, Jake gathers intel for the cooperating military unit spearheaded by gung-ho Colonel Quaritch, while simultaneously attempting to infiltrate the Na'vi people with the use of an "avatar" identity. While Jake begins to bond with the native tribe and quickly falls in love with the beautiful alien Neytiri, the restless Colonel moves forward with his ruthless extermination tactics, forcing the soldier to take a stand - and fight back in an epic battle for the fate of Pandora. Written by The Massie Twins

In the future, Jake, a paraplegic war veteran, is brought to another planet, Pandora, which is inhabited by the Na'vi, a humanoid race with their own language and culture. Those from Earth find themselves at odds with each other and the local culture. Written by Giorgio_C[/quote]

the way of quoting is kinda wierd, but anyway.... ha, ha. very, funny.

how many other people have a face view of their avatar? cuz to me, its only mine, unless its the same for everyone.
Chris BEvan

Post » Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:37 am

[quote][quote]When his brother is killed in a robbery, paraplegic Marine Jake Sully decides to take his place in a mission on the distant world of Pandora. There he learns of greedy corporate figurehead Parker Selfridge's intentions of driving off the native humanoid "Na'vi" in order to mine for the precious material scattered throughout their rich woodland. In exchange for the spinal surgery that will fix his legs, Jake gathers intel for the cooperating military unit spearheaded by gung-ho Colonel Quaritch, while simultaneously attempting to infiltrate the Na'vi people with the use of an "avatar" identity. While Jake begins to bond with the native tribe and quickly falls in love with the beautiful alien Neytiri, the restless Colonel moves forward with his ruthless extermination tactics, forcing the soldier to take a stand - and fight back in an epic battle for the fate of Pandora. Written by The Massie Twins

In the future, Jake, a paraplegic war veteran, is brought to another planet, Pandora, which is inhabited by the Na'vi, a humanoid race with their own language and culture. Those from Earth find themselves at odds with each other and the local culture. Written by Giorgio_C[/quote]

the way of quoting is kinda wierd, but anyway.... ha, ha. very, funny.

how many other people have a face view of their avatar? cuz to me, its only mine, unless its the same for everyone.[/quote]
Yeah, mine is only mine. I originally thought that when someone was online it was facing you and when they were offline it was facing away.

Kind of a shame that my avatar is the back of the head of the new nanosuit, that's not a very exciting place.
CORY

Post » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:33 pm

[quote]I want my avatar back =(
I bet it's because they want the site to look as good as possible, before it gets flooded with animated .gifs of facepalms and lolcats.[/quote]
To me that's like the people who put plastic all over their couches and don't let anyone sit on them. Why bother having them in the first place? Because it looks nice? There's no function because you can't use it.
Raymond J. Ramirez

Post » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:07 pm

You guys are all turned away from me and my avatar faces me.

I never really use the avatar feature unless I visit a site often, so we'll have to see for me.

Image test:
[img]http://i.huffpost.com/gadgets/slideshows/7501/slide_7501_99400_large.jpg[/img]
Silvia Gil

Post » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:52 pm

Why is my avatar facing me o_o?
Rob

Post » Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:41 am

So you can find yourself more easily.
JR Cash

Post » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:49 pm

Your avatar is looking through the computer at your aesthetically pleasing face?
JUDY FIGHTS

Post » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:48 pm

I bet we don't get avatars :(
natalie mccormick

Return to Crysis