Awsome i got an idea for a fan fic but i cant word it :/

Post » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:59 am

so i was thinking of making a fan fic for before comming to morrowind on how my character ended up being in jail and the journey to morrowind.

so i was thinking my character was put in jail for being diffrent from the rest by being faster and stronger and so the imperials locked me away in fear

then the outbreak of blight stroms and corporus disease in morrowind happend so the king sends me there 8 years later to try and stop it

of course in 8 years my abilities being untrained weaken and i must relearn them

so far for the trip of teh carriage would be something like: ...after being hualed out of my cell gagged and blinded i was thrown into the back of what must of been a jailer carriage (i could only hear my surroundings whining horses grumbling henchmen and wandering scribs)

:/ so could any one help me with this?
Katy Hogben

Post » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:40 am

It would be sacrilege for anyone else to mix their ideas with yours. Immerse yourself in the story and the ideas will come.
Stacyia

Post » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:33 am

It would be sacrilege for anyone else to mix their ideas with yours. Immerse yourself in the story and the ideas will come.

its more of wording then ideas i can come up with ideas but when comes to wording them so its fluid its like FAIL
Brentleah Jeffs

Post » Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:55 am

Don't be so hard on yourself. As my English teacher always says, "It's just a process. If you talk it out, it will make more sense." Have you ever tried talking out your ideas, then writing it?
Tanya Parra

Post » Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:57 pm

Don't be so hard on yourself. As my English teacher always says, "It's just a process. If you talk it out, it will make more sense." Have you ever tried talking out your ideas, then writing it?

i then begin to question what im saying and then i litterlay kill one thing and end up forgetting teh rest of it :/

because at 1st i was going to say i was arrested and thrown in an insanelsilum for being diffrent but then i relaszized my character isnt crazy and i dont think its a crime to be better at something and i doubt they have isolation cells (and if they do i doubt there called isolation cells)
Miss K

Post » Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:13 pm

Hmm...what if your character was falsely accused of treason or something like that and because of his/her difference, they were thrown in jail?
Natalie Taylor

Post » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:18 pm

Hmm...what if your character was falsely accused of treason or something like that and because of his/her difference, they were thrown in jail?

im not sure what treason is o.0

and im pretty sure i wouldnt be locked away for it possible executed (my character has to make it to morrowind )

ive also got something for end of journey

: after the long and uncomfortable trip on the imperial prison ship being, treated like a common slave I awoke to my friend juib who has been helping me get a name to be called... after being locked away for so long I only remember small amounts about my past. My name, my home and my family has escaped me to the point that would cuase any "normal" being to go insane....
Alexander Horton

Post » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:05 am

EPICFAIL. I have known you since you first joined these forums. Your use of the English language has improved quite a bit, although you will be the first to admit it needs to get better. You also rely on other people telling you what and how to do things - look at all the questions you ask in the Morrowind forum.

Now is your chance to show what you can do by yourself. Tuck yourself away with your computer, load a Word program and have a go at writing your story, then post it here. Not just two or three lines, but a long one, something that other members can read and comment on. You will find there are plenty of others here to help you along and constructively criticise your writing.
Sophh

Post » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:08 pm

It can be daunting, I agree. Just start with it and you'll notice it keeps getting easier and easier. It's a lot of fun, don't let possible negative comments keep you from it. I'll deffo read it, but, then again, I'll read anything I can get my hands on ;)
Paula Rose

Post » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:40 pm

It can be daunting, I agree. Just start with it and you'll notice it keeps getting easier and easier. It's a lot of fun, don't let possible negative comments keep you from it. I'll deffo read it, but, then again, I'll read anything I can get my hands on ;)

i am good at writing once i can get past the beginning things (like name and how to introduce which usaully take me foreevr to think of something)
Wayne W

Post » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:17 am

You will find there are plenty of others here to help you along and constructively criticise your writing.

Indeed. :)
Nikki Lawrence

Post » Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:49 pm

i am good at writing once i can get past the beginning things (like name and how to introduce which usaully take me foreevr to think of something)

Then don't start with the beginning. There are stories which I started to write somewhere in the middle. Of course the bad side of it you must wait until you get to the beginning to start publishing them but then again you will be able to publish very quickly one chapter after another which will keep readers interested.

When it comes to names, I just name them A, B, C and so on. Only when their personalities are defined I try to find names for them.

Just don't look for reasons not to write. We writers are lazy anyway. :)
Nany Smith

Post » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:14 pm

i thought of a begging to teh beginning ^.^:

It has been many days since i first came to Morrowind.
After travelling this desolate dark region for what has seemed like an eternaty i have progressed my skills enough that i no longer fear the giant wandering grass-hopper dogs...

------
and that basically all i got atm :/ definatly needs work on putting them together :P
Crystal Clarke

Post » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:41 am

First sentence needs to go. A bit too meh in my opinion. Besides, many is too vague and outright boring as well. The second sentence is pretty good, but a comma in the middle (between the words "eternity" and "I") would be nice. It's not incorrect how it's currently written, but I'm usually not a fan of uber-long sentences, unless you're using them for effect. Like... someone who is really angry and they're spouting things out very fast, then a long sentence would add a nice effect to that person's already sour mood.

But yeah, I would refrain from posting up mere sentences. Wait until you have a nice bulk of writing. It doesn't matter if it's two pages or ten, just whatever fits your style. Also, be sure to edit, Edit, EDit, EDIT before you post. That way you show your reader that you actually care about your writing and how well it's received. Stuff like capitalizing your I's. Always capitalize I. Always.

Good luck to you. I'll be keeping an eye out for this. If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask. :)
Amy Smith

Post » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:09 pm

First sentence needs to go. A bit too meh in my opinion. Besides, many is too vague and outright boring as well. The second sentence is pretty good, but a comma in the middle (between the words "eternity" and "I") would be nice. It's not incorrect how it's currently written, but I'm usually not a fan of uber-long sentences, unless you're using them for effect. Like... someone who is really angry and they're spouting things out very fast, then a long sentence would add a nice effect to that person's already sour mood.

But yeah, I would refrain from posting up mere sentences. Wait until you have a nice bulk of writing. It doesn't matter if it's two pages or ten, just whatever fits your style. Also, be sure to edit, Edit, EDit, EDIT before you post. That way you show your reader that you actually care about your writing and how well it's received. Stuff like capitalizing your I's. Always capitalize I. Always.

Good luck to you. I'll be keeping an eye out for this. If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask. :)

is there any way i can make the 1st sentence better? (so i dont need to annililate it?)
Ann Church

Post » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:27 am

I did not write my first fanfic until I was in my 40's.... It was by far the longest piece I had ever written, and there are parts of it I am not happy with even now.

But the thing a writer has to do is keep writing and all that other stuff in separate boxes. Writing is simply the act of putting words on paper (or a computer screen). When you are "in the zone" and the ideas are flowing, don't sabotage yourself by agonizing over every word and sentence. Just get those ideas down. Once they are written, you can go back and look at grammar, spelling, word choice, etc. All of that is editing and revising- and it comes after writing. Get a good chunk of text (at least a page) before you start revising. Read what you have written out loud to see if it flows smoothly- if it "clunks" figure out why and fix it.

Two things to do to be a better writer- 1. Read. Read a lot. Read many different things. 2. Write. It takes practice to get better, just like any other skill.
Thema

Post » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:33 pm

is there any way i can make the 1st sentence better? (so i dont need to annililate it?)

Alright, I'll try and break everything down for you. Here's your original sentence:

The sentence as a whole is, as I said earlier, vague and boring. Many can mean anything. Also, many is subjective. What might be many to you may not be many to me. Here's a stronger way to word the sentence:

"Seven months it's been since I first made landfall on the southwestern shores of Vvardenfell."

It's not as boring as "it has been many days", and I readjusted the structure of the sentence as a whole. Also, I would use "Vvardenfell," not "Morrowind." I assume this is for your character in-game, so it's always good to specify. You're in Morrowind, yes. But, more specifically, you're in Vvardenfell. It's always good to be specific whenever you can, because it paints a better picture for your readers. Just don't overdo it.

You don't necessarily have to go with what I wrote exactly, for it's only an example of something stronger than your original sentence. Also, you may want to change "I" to "We," because you came on a prisoner ship with many others as well. It's nothing major to worry about, just something else to think about. Also, I'd refrain from posting extremely short updates. Wait until you have a substantial amount before you post. And I don't mean ten pages or anything like that. Hell, one or two pages is cool. But one paragraph? Not so much.
carrie roche

Post » Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:17 am

here is my humble suggestion: dont do yet another "my character in morrowind" fanfiction. or, if you do, deviate from the game. simply repeating an already written story wont help you progress much in the creative side of writing.
Philip Rua

Post » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:15 pm

If you want to be really cool you'll start writing your own fiction created from your own world. But that's a whole 'nother ballgame, dude. A hard one at that.
flora

Post » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:39 am

Use your imagination. Play the story in your head, if some thing's sound out of place, then fix em'! If you find it hard to imagine the story unfolding in your head, play some calm music, or songs from your favorite bands, or songs that fit the genre of the story :)

Over time, as Peleus said, ideas will come to you.
Dalia

Post » Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:05 pm

After travelling this desolate dark region for what has seemed like an eternaty i have progressed my skills enough that i no longer fear the giant wandering grass-hopper dogs...
How about "It's been forever since they dropped me on the world's belching ass." That covers part of the second sentence as well.
Isaac Saetern

Post » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:26 am

Let me say this as gently as I can ... and believe me, I mean well by you.

Three words. Ready for them? OK. Here goes.

JUST DO IT.

This is the internet. You are free to make all the mistakes in the world plus quite a few borrowed from another world if you still need more. Everyone makes mistakes. Mistakes are how your progress.

The important thing is to JUST DO IT. Without doing it, you will be...heh...here are the words of a very old, old song

(I wonder who will get it?)

"Be good, fair maid, and let those who can be, clever,
do noble things, not dream them all day long.."

Don't worry about being clever enough. Just freaking do it.

After you've done it 1001 times - yes, I mean exactly that - 1001 times - you will get an idea of what to do, what works and what doesn't.

Still reading? Good.

Now...

JUST DO IT.
remi lasisi

Post » Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:34 pm

what would be a good way for my character to intorduce its past? (im thinking a bunch of rambeling about nothing would fail)
Steve Bates

Post » Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:06 pm

what would be a good way for my character to intorduce its past? (im thinking a bunch of rambeling about nothing would fail)

Little by little, preferably if it pertains to the story in some way. Maybe your character was imprisoned for theft, and as he sees an opportunity to steal food he thinks back on what happended to him the last time he stole. Stuff like that. Just don't infodump it all on us. Dat's baaaad.
Ricky Meehan

Post » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:32 pm

EPICFAIL. I have known you since you first joined these forums. Your use of the English language has improved quite a bit, although you will be the first to admit it needs to get better. You also rely on other people telling you what and how to do things - look at all the questions you ask in the Morrowind forum.

Now is your chance to show what you can do by yourself. Tuck yourself away with your computer, load a Word program and have a go at writing your story, then post it here. Not just two or three lines, but a long one, something that other members can read and comment on. You will find there are plenty of others here to help you along and constructively criticise your writing.

Listen to the mighty bear! Dont feel discouraged. Let it all go.
Nicola

Next

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion