My Ayleid Mod

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:34 pm

I am in the process of making a Ayleid Mod. It is coming along pretty good. Currently I'm looking for anyone that is interested and anyone who would like to
beta test or help with the mod.

The Idea behind the mod is to show more lore of the Ayleids. The player will learn about the race and their disappearance(or did they?). The things you know about the world
and the Ayleids will be tested. All the things that are known may be false. You will learn a great many things in this mod.

Here is an example of what it contains:
  • New Ayleid Ruins (At least 3 or 4 planned)
  • New Faction for Questline
  • New Spells
  • New Player Home
  • Filled with Puzzles
  • Unique Ayleid Items
  • New Ayleid City (It'll make more sense once everything is done.)
  • And any suggestions that fit with the mod.
  • and More

Here is what I might need if anyone is interested in helping:
  • Beta Testers
  • Textures for Faction Ranks

Screens @
http://profile.imageshack.us/user/fox536/

Far'ed K.G.h.m

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:00 am

Bump Still looking for some kind of feed back (ideas, thoughts anything really)
NIloufar Emporio

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:06 am

I like Ayleids. The city sounds intriguing. Puzzles, lore, clues, a new guild - all sounds pretty neat! I hope to see a release someday.

gothemasticator
Deon Knight

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:48 am

Well I'm curently working with the first dungeon, and I have like the first 2 quests done, they are relitively short, but require you to gather ayleid Ingredients ( in this case varla and Welkynd stones), I ve also added raw welkynd essence to the game which I showed in a screenshot or 2. they can be obtained (at least the basic ones will be) from the ayleid ruins (both stock ruins and the one I add) the raw essences will be used for a great many things, once the mod is done.
Ross Thomas

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:36 am

http://tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=29007 a respawning Welkynd Stone mod that you might want to take a look at. It's useful when playing The Ayleid Steps, and it would sure become even more useful if someone were to run several mods that all had uses for and consumed Welkynd Stones.

gothemasticator
An Lor

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:28 am

Thanks,
Thats a good suggestion I look into a simular mod recently and found most of these type mods use place at me, or something to that measure that bloats game save files... so I thought of a way to do it without bloating save files although for users without the obse it will show an annoying "Welkynd stone added." I will also include a version that uses the Obse for silently adding to the inventory without the message spam... the way I did this was to make a dummy item that adds the original one to the players inventory then replaced the welkynd stones with the dummy items, so anything that doesn't directly touch the welkynd/varla stones should still be compatible, anything that does however won't crash, but it might have 2 stones where only one should be. I'll probably add a version that doesn't touch the stones at all just in case someone doesn't like the way I scripted it.

Thanks for the input and any other comments would be appreciated. Also, I hope to have a Beta version availible for testing by either the end of this month or the middle of next.

P.S after re-reading it the mod you posted about does almost identically what I did, talk about reinventing the wheel lol...
R.I.P

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:55 pm

Thanks,
Thats a good suggestion I look into a simular mod recently and found most of these type mods use place at me, or something to that measure that bloats game save files... so I thought of a way to do it without bloating save files although for users without the obse it will show an annoying "Welkynd stone added." I will also include a version that uses the Obse for silently adding to the inventory without the message spam... the way I did this was to make a dummy item that adds the original one to the players inventory then replaced the welkynd stones with the dummy items, so anything that doesn't directly touch the welkynd/varla stones should still be compatible, anything that does however won't crash, but it might have 2 stones where only one should be. I'll probably add a version that doesn't touch the stones at all just in case someone doesn't like the way I scripted it.

Thanks for the input and any other comments would be appreciated. Also, I hope to have a Beta version availible for testing by either the end of this month or the middle of next.

P.S after re-reading it the mod you posted about does almost identically what I did, talk about reinventing the wheel lol...

As the author of the aforementioned http://tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=29007, I just want to let you know that my mod doesn't use PlaceAtMe, doesn't require OBSE, and doesn't message spam the player. You are absolutely welcome to ninja my script so long as you toss me a credit somewhere. Here you go:

ScriptName YourScriptNameGoesHereshort StartDayBegin OnActivate Player	Message " "	Message " "	Player.AddItem VarlaStone 1	Set StartDay to GameDaysPassed	DisableEndBegin GameMode	If ( GameDaysPassed - StartDay ) >= 28 && GetDisabled == 1		Enable	EndIfEnd

Change the value "28" to reflect the number of game days you want to pass before the respawn. Then re-add the Varla & Welkynd stones to the CS as Activators instead of Misc Items, put that script on them, and place as you would normal stones.

When you feel like the mod is done and you're ready for beta testers, you might also want to check out the Beta Testing & anolysis guild at http://www.invision.tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/index. :)

Good luck with it!
Amber Hubbard

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:31 pm

Hmmm I hadn't thought of putting in a blank message in the script to block message spam, thats truly a good idea. So you probably tested yours more then i have tested mine, so when the ruins reset does it place the stones back where they are suppose to go, or do I need to add a OnReset with a reset3dstate inside it? i was pretty sure that the stones will automatically reset to their original places but havent tested yet.
J.P loves

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:12 pm

Hmmm I hadn't thought of putting in a blank message in the script to block message spam, thats truly a good idea. So you probably tested yours more then i have tested mine, so when the ruins reset does it place the stones back where they are suppose to go, or do I need to add a OnReset with a reset3dstate inside it? i was pretty sure that the stones will automatically reset to their original places but havent tested yet.

They'll automatically go back to their editor places on reset. :)
Chloe Botham

Post » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:49 am

oh ok cool thanks i thought it would but hasnt tested yet
AnDres MeZa

Return to IV - Oblivion